VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   Vegan Support Forum (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/60-vegan-support-forum/)
-   -   New Vegan Baked Goods (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/60-vegan-support-forum/204905-new-vegan-baked-goods.html)

scottti 03-08-2016 03:23 PM

New Vegan Baked Goods

Hi everyone! I am trying to come up with a brand name for vegan baked goods. Right now I will just sell it online or locally in person. I don't have the money to open a store. Any ideas?? My sister and I are developing it.

So far the names we have are:

Sweet Potato Vegan Bakery
Vegan Delight
Bakers3 (hoping the last sister will turn vegan lol)
3 Vegan Bakers
Delish!
Vegan Kitchen

I also thought about a vegetable name (like Sweet Potato) that could be a bread substitute...

We aren't super creative with these names LOL So I am asking for help. :)

scottti 03-08-2016 04:15 PM

any suggestions would be appreciated! :)

silva 03-08-2016 04:25 PM

Not sweet potato 😛. If you don't like them that's a real turn off!

I was gonna say "sweet compassion" but that's taken :laugh:
https://www.facebook.com/Sweet-Compa...9444621811679/

I love this -- Kindly Sweet Treats

LedBoots 03-08-2016 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiffany Scott (Post 3929913)
Hi everyone! I am trying to come up with a brand name for vegan baked goods. Right now I will just sell it online or locally in person. I don't have the money to open a store. Any ideas?? My sister and I are developing it.

So far the names we have are:

Sweet Potato Vegan Bakery
Vegan Delight
Bakers3 (hoping the last sister will turn vegan lol)
3 Vegan Bakers
Delish!
Vegan Kitchen

I also thought about a vegetable name (like Sweet Potato) that could be a bread substitute...

We aren't super creative with these names LOL So I am asking for help. :)

I sadly think I wouldn't have "vegan" in the name.

scottti 03-08-2016 04:53 PM

LedBoots - I agree! But why do you think so?

scottti 03-08-2016 04:54 PM

I like Delish! And guess what I do not even eat Sweet Potatoes HAHAHA

scottti 03-08-2016 04:56 PM

Saying vegan seems like a bit of overkill...

silva 03-08-2016 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiffany Scott (Post 3930033)

I brought in a vegan chocolate cake to work, a sheet cake with mocha frosting. Everyone loved it, and most were excited that it was made without eggs, and the frosting non dairy, except for a few. I happily gave out the recipe, and a couple of woman made it there mission to criticize it, for being vegan. They ranted about it having so much more sugar to compensate- which was totally untrue. Then they talked about it having so much fat--again totally untrue, it actually had less than most. But some people will do anything to bring down anything that puts down animal products
Being known for quality baked goods is your best bet, being vegan will be a bonus. Your vegan followers will know

scottti 03-08-2016 05:43 PM

Good point! People are just closed minded.

LedBoots 03-08-2016 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiffany Scott (Post 3930033)

I think you need non-vegans to eat there too or you won't have enough customers. A lot of people think "vegan" means "tastes awful". Notice that few companies label their products VEGAN!

scottti 03-08-2016 05:55 PM

Right it would limit my target market...

Thalassa4 03-08-2016 06:22 PM

Ill think about it, but I think you should play around with powerful words like "peace" or "compassion" or something about vegan ideals, instead of "vegan" in the name.

silva 03-08-2016 06:35 PM

Nicely sweet
Sweet and nice

scottti 03-09-2016 03:15 AM

Thanks for all your ideas so far! This is awesome

scottti 03-09-2016 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thalassa4 (Post 3930153)
Ill think about it, but I think you should play around with powerful words like "peace" or "compassion" or something about vegan ideals, instead of "vegan" in the name.

Peace of cake lol I immediately thought that

LedBoots 03-09-2016 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiffany Scott (Post 3930481)

I love Peace of Cake !

scottti 03-09-2016 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LedBoots (Post 3930489)
I love Peace of Cake !

Lol thanks! I think that's a contender but I never would have had the idea without everyone's help... this is getting somewhere I'm getting excited!

QuietVegan 03-09-2016 05:21 AM

Not sure where you are based but there's a cake-making company in London called Peace of Cake. If you aren't in the UK then you should be fine with that name.

scottti 03-09-2016 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuietVegan (Post 3930529)
Not sure where you are based but there's a cake-making company in London called Peace of Cake. If you aren't in the UK then you should be fine with that name.

Oh really? I'm in the US. Thanks!

scottti 03-09-2016 05:50 AM

I did find one in Maryland though, but I don't live in that state either.

scottti 03-09-2016 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thalassa4 (Post 3930153)

Any thing come to you? :) I appreciate you trying to help!

Thalassa4 03-09-2016 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiffany Scott (Post 3930481)

Oh I love that!

As for the location in the UK if you are in the US and it's a small business it probably won't matter.

If it does, be Peace of Cake NYC or Peace of Cake LA ...if you're in a major city. I'm very seriously doubting you would get sued by a UK business for a small business somewhere in Montana with the same name.

Thalassa4 03-09-2016 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiffany Scott (Post 3930809)
Any thing come to you? :) I appreciate you trying to help!

I really like your last idea, but you could also consider:

The Compassionate Confectionary

Compassionate Croquembouche (sounds pretty, maybe a tad pretentious but it's a type of cake!)

There's a place called Peace Pies in San Diego, but you could be Peace of Pie instead of Peace of Cake

A Petit Peace (instead of petit fours, like a small piece of cake or pie)

The Nice Slice

Good luck!

scottti 03-10-2016 11:30 AM

My sister is not a fan of any of the names we've come up with... so I'm still looking for name suggestions