VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   Vegan Support Forum (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/60-vegan-support-forum/)
-   -   Why Vegans FLIP OUT! (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/60-vegan-support-forum/203833-why-vegans-flip-out.html)

BiteSizeVegan 02-24-2016 11:31 AM

Why Vegans FLIP OUT!

Why do vegans flip out at the slightest provocation? Why are we so sensitive and quick to jump down people's throats? Why do we have to be so annoying and self-righteous? This video answers all of these questions for all my non-vegans out there! For more information on what I mention in this video, check out all the videos linked in the video description.

David3 02-24-2016 05:46 PM

Good video, but hard to watch - even just the descriptions of animal abuse make me feel unwell.

I get most frustrated when people confidently "refute" the healthfulness of vegetarian diets, based on what they've read in blogs and popular diet books, or based on "what makes sense to them".

Certain people refuse to believe evidence-based statements (like those found in peer-reviewed research). Instead, they believe their favorite diet guru or YouTube star. It's true that peer-reviewed studies don't always arrive at the same conclusion - but, by reading many studies, a general weight of the evidence becomes clear.

Crouton 02-24-2016 05:48 PM

Great video! I hate the stereotype that all vegans or vegetarians try and force everyone into their diet. It's just not true, if omni's are kind, understanding of our diets and don't make fun of us, then we usually never even mention it, it's only when we get all the stupid jokes and mocking that we go on the defensive.

Purp 02-24-2016 11:49 PM

Thanks, @BiteSizeVegan . I think I'll share this on my Facebook page.

plnteater 02-25-2016 02:02 PM

As usual awesome video bit size vegan!!

Vegan Dave 02-27-2016 04:53 PM

GOOD VIDEO!! :)

Emily delivers again!!

Right on point....the horrific animal abuse is what it's all about....even if it's hard to watch. That's the whole reason for being veg*n or vegan.

Chicken nuggets don't grow on trees!

I like the saying when a chicken says "You can live without chicken wings....I can't!"

BiteSizeVegan 02-28-2016 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David3 (Post 3920233)
Good video, but hard to watch - even just the descriptions of animal abuse make me feel unwell.

I get most frustrated when people confidently "refute" the healthfulness of vegetarian diets, based on what they've read in blogs and popular diet books, or based on "what makes sense to them".

Certain people refuse to believe evidence-based statements (like those found in peer-reviewed research). Instead, they believe their favorite diet guru or YouTube star. It's true that peer-reviewed studies don't always arrive at the same conclusion - but, by reading many studies, a general weight of the evidence becomes clear.

I totally feel you. People will usually believe the person saying what they want to be true :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crouton (Post 3920241)
Great video! I hate the stereotype that all vegans or vegetarians try and force everyone into their diet. It's just not true, if omni's are kind, understanding of our diets and don't make fun of us, then we usually never even mention it, it's only when we get all the stupid jokes and mocking that we go on the defensive.

Thank you so much. And spot on!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purp (Post 3920601)
Thanks, @BiteSizeVegan . I think I'll share this on my Facebook page.

;D Thank you so much!

Quote:

Originally Posted by plnteater (Post 3921073)
As usual awesome video bit size vegan!!

Thank you so much!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegan Dave (Post 3922897)
GOOD VIDEO!! :)

Emily delivers again!!

Right on point....the horrific animal abuse is what it's all about....even if it's hard to watch. That's the whole reason for being veg*n or vegan.

Chicken nuggets don't grow on trees!

I like the saying when a chicken says "You can live without chicken wings....I can't!"

So true love that.

Vegan Dave 02-29-2016 05:15 PM

Actually, I don't have to watch the videos to get freaked out.

The Mom at COSTCO with 4 gallons of milk in her cart sends me over the edge. :eek:

I always want to go over and say...

"YOU KNOW THAT'S COW'S MILK......FOR BABY COWS......RIGHT?"

lockie 04-17-2016 07:16 PM

BiteSizeVegan, your material is always amazing! I especially loved your video about the story with the mother cow. Super heartbreaking.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk