Vegan Quorn in the UK!? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By no whey jose

#1 Old 12-29-2015, 12:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Vegan Quorn in the UK!?

So Vegan Quorn hit the UK shelves in October this year.

Has anyone tried it? One product is 'chicken' chunks and the other is spicy burgers.

I only realised yesterday that I can this from ASDA (it's the usual orange and white packaging with a big green VEGAN logo on it) and now have four bags (yes it's a multi-buy deal) in my online shopping basket.

Seems the nagging from wannabe vegan customers for Quorn to reformulate the product has paid off!

I think this is significant as Quorn are the leading veggie brand in the UK.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-30-2015, 04:44 PM
Veggie turned Vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post
So Vegan Quorn hit the UK shelves in October this year.

Has anyone tried it? One product is 'chicken' chunks and the other is spicy burgers.

I only realised yesterday that I can this from ASDA (it's the usual orange and white packaging with a big green VEGAN logo on it) and now have four bags (yes it's a multi-buy deal) in my online shopping basket.

Seems the nagging from wannabe vegan customers for Quorn to reformulate the product has paid off!

I think this is significant as Quorn are the leading veggie brand in the UK.
I am so happy to hear this!
Quorn is probably one of the only things I miss in transitioning from veggie to vegan. I will be looking out for these in asda!

Yay!
#3 Old 12-31-2015, 01:21 AM
Super Moderator

I have a touch of mycophophobia, so I can't eat Quorn, but my friends have tried it and loved it, and I'm very glad that they're expanding their product line to include more vegan options.

As an aside, did anyone else read the thread title to the tune of "Anarchy in the UK"?
Spudulika likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-08-2016, 11:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starchyvegan View Post
I am so happy to hear this!
Quorn is probably one of the only things I miss in transitioning from veggie to vegan. I will be looking out for these in asda!

Yay!
Did you get any? I have a bunch in my freezer, still yet to try it. I'll be making curry this weekend and will report back.
#5 Old 01-08-2016, 06:21 PM

Mm I love Quorn. Just had a Quorn pie then 😁😁but I'm in Australia and they barely stock any in my local Coles so when. See it I grab the lot

Sent from my 7DTB25 using Tapatalk
#6 Old 01-09-2016, 03:48 AM
Beginner

I've not been able to find it yet, everything seems to still have egg in around here.
#7 Old 01-21-2016, 08:42 AM
Veggie Regular

OK, we had a curry with vegan Quorn chicken chunks (EVOO, onion, garlic, Madras curry paste, vegan Quorn chunks, chopped tomatoes, coconut milk) and pretty good!

I think they may be slightly softer in texture than the non-vegan ones but otherwise a very similar product and worthwhile buying if you like the convenience of meat substitutes.

I suspect I won't buy often as although I got a bunch of these while they were on offer, I'm really going off meat subs overall; even occasionally (which is why it took me so many weeks to get around to trying them).

But overall thumbs up.

Last edited by Spudulika; 01-21-2016 at 09:17 AM.
#8 Old 01-21-2016, 09:15 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
I've not been able to find it yet, everything seems to still have egg in around here.
My local Waitrose / Ocado also stocks it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page