Success Reaching a High School Classroom with Plant-Based Nutrition - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 12Likes
  • 4 Post By TerriNC
  • 3 Post By Naturebound
  • 3 Post By TerriNC
  • 2 Post By TerriNC

#1 Old 12-20-2015, 06:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Success Reaching a High School Classroom with Plant-Based Nutrition

This was a fun experience and the response from the kids was awesome!

http://blog.eatplant-based.com/reach...sed-nutrition/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EPB.com iStock.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	595.0 KB
ID:	13017   Click image for larger version

Name:	Polk-1-1024x360.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	13025  

EatPlant-Based.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-20-2015, 06:45 AM
Veggie Regular

Wow that's really awesome that you got the opportunity to educate young people like that! And you did it so gracefully! I love stories like this. I have also encountered educators in the public school system willing to let me give out vegan leaflets and nutrition info to the kids. I did it through Vegan Outreach which is a respected organization and I think that makes a big difference. Good to hear from you!
#3 Old 12-21-2015, 04:44 AM
Veggie Regular

Thanks NatureBound! It was a terrific experience. Going in, I had no idea how the students would respond, but they were so interested. It felt terrific!
Purp, LedBoots and Naturebound like this.

EatPlant-Based.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-27-2015, 08:12 PM

Hi fellow North Carolina dweller, I really wish they did this in my local schools! I did a vegan presentation in one of my college classes and there was not a good response at all. I learned through the comments that they felt that veganism attacked their values. I did nothing but give statistics, they didn't like the numbers or the details very much. I live in Sampson/ Duplin county, I am sure you have heard of this area, which is sadly in Earthlings, Food INC, and on the Mercy for Animals page. I think reaching out to kids would be great and the only way to break the molds created around here. It is really nice to see someone from around here also vegan! This is just a taste of what I learned and talked about in the presentation, notice you can't even see my two counties because they are covered completely!

http://www.northcarolinahealthnews.o...tal-standards/
#5 Old 12-27-2015, 08:44 PM

What do you know, NC is in the documentary Cowspiracy too.
#6 Old 12-28-2015, 02:20 PM
Veggie Regular

animals82, I understand what you mean about living in some areas of NC. I too have come up against resistance at times because I'm in a rural farming area. Hang in there, I feel like the tide is beginning to turn for this way of life. More people, even in the medical field, are starting to take notice. It's an encouraging time we're in!
LedBoots and animals82 like this.

EatPlant-Based.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page