• 3 Post By silva
  • 1 Post By 4everaspirit
  • 2 Post By odizzido
  • 3 Post By Naturebound
  • 2 Post By no whey jose

#1 Old 11-28-2015, 04:44 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Kinda Bummed, Single Vegan :/

Lonely long time member checking in. I've tried online dating, even scoured places on reddit. I met 3 people online, all of them meat eaters. Two of which were decent guys enough, but that underlying connection and passion for animal rights I crave to share with a special someone just couldn't be filled. A 4th person online was actually vegan, extremely attractive, passionate about veganism, and I was hoping, the one, but he had a very nasty side which included verbal abuse to a level that would put most internet trolls to shame. I still miss him, but ah well, it's always the hot ones, and I know that's not a good road for me.

I'm young, I know I still have plenty of time, but it just mentally gets kinda lonely, not being able to share and be open with someone else about a lifestyle that means so much. There's just not either enough single vegans, or the people that I need to meet aren't found online. Could be worse I know, my brothers are over 30 and have never been in any sort of relationship or had any intimate contact with anyone. They are pretty bummed about it too lol.

Just came to vent. Haven't been on here in a long while. Good to see that it's still alive.
MadamSarcastra likes this.

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy

Last edited by 4everaspirit; 11-28-2015 at 04:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-28-2015, 05:22 PM
Vegan since 1991

Hi 4everaspirit,

I'm happily married now, but I also found that online dating sites were not very useful.

I think it's better to find a vegan social group near you. If you go to http://www.meetup.com, and search for "vegan" near you, you might be pleasantly surprised to find such a group near you.

Vegan social groups are much better than vegan dating sites, because there isn't all of that pressure. And these groups are free. You just get together with the group of people at restaurants, cafes, movies or whatever. You get a chance to talk with different people, get to know them. In time, you might find someone you like, and they'll be vegan! This is how my vegan wife and I met.

_________

Specific recommendations for a healthy diet include: eating more fruit, vegetables, legumes, nuts and grains; cutting down on salt, sugar and fats. It is also advisable to choose unsaturated fats, instead of saturated fats and towards the elimination of trans-fatty acids."
- United Nations' World Health Organization
http://www.who.int/topics/diet/en/

Last edited by David3; 11-28-2015 at 05:31 PM.
#3 Old 11-28-2015, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

Hey 4everaspirit!
I'm sorry you feel lonely, you've always came across as a really great person to be around. Saying that, keep yourself as your best friend!

We've had a lot of threads started recently about crossing the line dating, and situations where people had to get out of relationships due to lack of respect.

I am glad that you keep in touch here. You've always been a very valuable member.
Keep your head up, your eyes open, and your heart out there for the opposed as you've always done. You'll meet someone!
LedBoots, no whey jose and Ukvege like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-29-2015, 05:47 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by David3 View Post
Hi 4everaspirit,

I'm happily married now, but I also found that online dating sites were not very useful.

I think it's better to find a vegan social group near you. If you go to http://www.meetup.com, and search for "vegan" near you, you might be pleasantly surprised to find such a group near you.

Vegan social groups are much better than vegan dating sites, because there isn't all of that pressure. And these groups are free. You just get together with the group of people at restaurants, cafes, movies or whatever. You get a chance to talk with different people, get to know them. In time, you might find someone you like, and they'll be vegan! This is how my vegan wife and I met.
Thanks David! I actually participate in some DXE events where I get to be with other animal activists. I also run the vegclub at my school, so I have some veg company, just not a lot of early to late twenty vegan male company. One of my friend's went to a vegan meet up and said he didn't really enjoy it because most of the people were a lot older. Nothing wrong with that really, but I also don't want the age difference to be awkward for them either. It's certainly worth looking into the vegan meetups though I suppose
no whey jose likes this.

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy

Last edited by 4everaspirit; 11-29-2015 at 05:50 PM.
#5 Old 11-29-2015, 05:49 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
Hey 4everaspirit!
I'm sorry you feel lonely, you've always came across as a really great person to be around. Saying that, keep yourself as your best friend!

We've had a lot of threads started recently about crossing the line dating, and situations where people had to get out of relationships due to lack of respect.

I am glad that you keep in touch here. You've always been a very valuable member.
Keep your head up, your eyes open, and your heart out there for the opposed as you've always done. You'll meet someone!

Thanks silva! I've noticed the number of relationship posts. I can't imagine what it's like for some vegans in a relationship that ends up making them uncomfortable, that must be even harder and heartbreaking. I sure hope I meet someone, I guess I just gotta do me and what makes me happy and the right people will find me. Maybe I got to do more vegan activism to increase the number of fishes! :P

Last edited by 4everaspirit; 11-29-2015 at 05:51 PM.
#6 Old 11-29-2015, 07:00 PM
Vegan since 1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everaspirit View Post
Maybe I got to do more vegan activism to increase the number of fishes! :P
Ah, I have some insight for you here. Without getting into the topic of gender politics, it's my experience that few men are involved in actual vegan activism. Vegan activism is important, but it's not the best way to meet vegan men.

On the other hand, vegan social events (Meetups) are regularly attended by men.

Every Meetup is different, as far as the ages of participants go. Some groups are younger, some are older. You can look at the group photos to get an idea about this.

_________

Specific recommendations for a healthy diet include: eating more fruit, vegetables, legumes, nuts and grains; cutting down on salt, sugar and fats. It is also advisable to choose unsaturated fats, instead of saturated fats and towards the elimination of trans-fatty acids."

Last edited by David3; 11-29-2015 at 07:08 PM.
#7 Old 11-29-2015, 08:56 PM
Veggie Regular

I've been single for 3-4 years now. Welcome to the club.

Pick up some video games :P I am playing a lot of those.
#8 Old 11-30-2015, 02:32 AM
Veggie Regular

Hi 4everaspirit! I don't have any real words of wisdom to add, but just wanted to drop in and say hi! It's great to see you posting here again. I always enjoy your posts.

I am in the opposite situation, struggling in a relationship I am not too happy in but just not sure if I am ready to leave yet. The grass always seems to be greener on the other side, doesn't it?

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#9 Old 11-30-2015, 05:59 AM
Super Moderator

I'm married to an omni but I completely understand why you specifically want to date a fellow vegan. I second David's suggestion of attending social groups aimed at vegans and vegetarians: mixers, lunch outings, potlucks, that sort of thing. Have you searched Facebook for groups in your area? They can get very specific. Before I moved to the UK, I had already made friends with another pregnant vegan in the exact town where I'm living, thanks to Facebook! There are niche groups for just about anything you can imagine-- and you can't find one, you can start one!
4everaspirit and Kiwibird08 like this.
#10 Old 11-30-2015, 10:47 AM
Veg-head since 10/14/14

Send a message via Yahoo to MadamSarcastra
Quote:
my brothers are over 30 and have never been in any sort of relationship or had any intimate contact with anyone. They are pretty bummed about it too lol.
Brothers, you say?? Color me intrigued.... Do they like older women? LMAO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~ MadamSarcastra
#11 Old 11-30-2015, 02:38 PM
adapt. evolve. become

if only Misha Collins was vegan and my boyfriend.. *dreamy sigh* I don't see myself being in relationship any time soon. It would be nice, but I don't want to go looking for it. I don't like the idea of dating sites because it feels forced. I'd rather know the person before anything happens.

All we are is dust in the wind

Last edited by Pirate Huntress; 11-30-2015 at 02:43 PM.
#12 Old 11-30-2015, 02:53 PM

I believe there is a vegan dating site somewhere???

You could always try CONVINCING people to become vegan.
#13 Old 11-30-2015, 07:23 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Ah, I have some insight for you here. Without getting into the topic of gender politics, it's my experience that few men are involved in actual vegan activism. Vegan activism is important, but it's not the best way to meet vegan men.

On the other hand, vegan social events (Meetups) are regularly attended by men.

Every Meetup is different, as far as the ages of participants go. Some groups are younger, some are older. You can look at the group photos to get an idea about this.

I'm certainly aware that there are not a lot of vegan men activists compared to women. Vegan activism is a huge part of my life though, so not being able to have someone to share it with, is of course making me lonely.

#14 Old 11-30-2015, 07:25 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by odizzido View Post
I've been single for 3-4 years now. Welcome to the club.

Pick up some video games :P I am playing a lot of those.
I played fallout 4 recently....was rather let down. I haven't played many video games in a long time because I don't enjoy them as much as I used to. I personally feel like they are a waste of time, but then again I'm not doing much else in the meantime. I lost my internship and degree progress in social work, so woo...now half of my weekday I have to figure out what to do with myself because I no longer work 8 hours or go to a 3 hours class. fallout 4 was a temporary solution.

Last edited by 4everaspirit; 11-30-2015 at 07:28 PM.
#15 Old 11-30-2015, 07:26 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
Hi 4everaspirit! I don't have any real words of wisdom to add, but just wanted to drop in and say hi! It's great to see you posting here again. I always enjoy your posts.

I am in the opposite situation, struggling in a relationship I am not too happy in but just not sure if I am ready to leave yet. The grass always seems to be greener on the other side, doesn't it?
Oh gosh, that must be rough. Not sure which is worse, being lonely and single when you don't want to be, or being actually with someone that you aren'tt oo sure about =/

It's also nice to see that you guys remember me from so long ago! Lol

#16 Old 11-30-2015, 08:51 PM
Vegan since 1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadamSarcastra View Post
Brothers, you say?? Color me intrigued.... Do they like older women? LMAO
The Vegetarian Cougars Meetup

_________

Last edited by David3; 11-30-2015 at 08:56 PM.
#17 Old 11-30-2015, 10:03 PM
Veg-head since 10/14/14

Send a message via Yahoo to MadamSarcastra
Quote:
The Vegetarian Cougars Meetup
LMAO!! Now, you understand I do NOT want to meet other cougars.... and I don't like competitiveness.... or being around groups of people.... Damn, I'm screwed. LOL

~ MadamSarcastra
#18 Old 12-01-2015, 05:46 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
I played fallout 4 recently....was rather let down. I haven't played many video games in a long time because I don't enjoy them as much as I used to. I personally feel like they are a waste of time, but then again I'm not doing much else in the meantime. I lost my internship and degree progress in social work, so woo...now half of my weekday I have to figure out what to do with myself because I no longer work 8 hours or go to a 3 hours class. fallout 4 was a temporary solution.
Yeah....most games are terrible. I tried new vegas recently since it was on sale for like $3 because people always talk about how good it is.....eh, I just can't get into it. Course I am not really a fan of bethesda games so I guess I am not surprised. Story games like the walking dead(telltale) can have a pretty big emotional impact on me though it it's on sale on steam for $7CAD ATM.

You could always take up a language. Hindi(india) or Hebrew(isreal) if you're looking for potential vegans :P I personally have spent a fair amount of time on Japanese but veganism there pretty much doesn't exist. Judging by your avatar Japanese might be the language for you as well, though it might not be the people for you.
#19 Old 12-01-2015, 09:41 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Oh gosh, that must be rough. Not sure which is worse, being lonely and single when you don't want to be, or being actually with someone that you aren'tt oo sure about =/

It's also nice to see that you guys remember me from so long ago! Lol
Yes we missed you!!! Glad to see you back:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page