• 5 Post By Muttley
  • 2 Post By Shallot
  • 1 Post By bldudas
  • 1 Post By Werewolf Girl

#1 Old 11-12-2015, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

"Our Vegan Diet Almost Killed Us – No, Really"

Quote:
Okay, vegans. I know what you’re thinking. There have been many articles with similar titles circulating around the internet for years, and after you read the article you realize the person, although technically vegan, also had a serious eating disorder like anorexia or even the lesser-known "orthorexia," or was on a restricted calorie cleanse consisting of lettuce water, or they were homicidal parents feeding their baby one carrot a day - or something like that. Somehow, people like this even manage to wind up on the Today show with book deals, as we saw earlier this week.

Well, this is not one of those stories. For me and my fiancé, our regular vegan diet actually almost killed us. If you’re thinking about veganism, you’ll want to read this – and vegans, please hear us out.
Read the rest here: http://www.eatplantsdrinkbeer.com/re...most-killed-us

Finally an article on this subject I actually like! This is a refreshing response to those dozens of lame ex-vegan articles where people eat nothing but kale and sawdust for weeks and then blame not eating meat when they get sick.
Purp, Nooch, David3 and 3 others like this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-12-2015, 07:37 PM
Veggie Regular

That was great! I don't usually read comments on this kind of article, but the comments from the angry omnis who read through to the end are great too.
#3 Old 11-12-2015, 07:46 PM
Veggie Recycler

Awesome. I love this and have pinned it for later use.
Purp and no whey jose like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-12-2015, 07:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Thanks for sharing this, @Werewolf Girl . I needed a laugh.
no whey jose likes this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#5 Old 11-12-2015, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator

Haha, I'm glad you guys enjoyed it! I posted it on the VB Facebook page too and got some really hostile responses for some reason. I guess they can't take a joke?
no whey jose likes this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#6 Old 11-12-2015, 08:38 PM
Beginner

good stuff..
no whey jose likes this.

Dog, guts and guns..
#7 Old 11-12-2015, 08:49 PM
Veggie Regular

That was very well done.
no whey jose likes this.
#8 Old 11-12-2015, 09:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyr656 View Post
That was great! I don't usually read comments on this kind of article, but the comments from the angry omnis who read through to the end are great too.
A bunch of vegans were angry also.
no whey jose likes this.
#9 Old 11-13-2015, 02:17 AM
Veggie Regular

Wow, people really need to lighten up lol. I thought it was a great article! But then of course, I'm vegan.
no whey jose likes this.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#10 Old 11-13-2015, 02:55 AM
Super Moderator

I am so sick of the comments which completely ignore any factual issue and instead accuse all vegans of being "holier than thou." I have seen this kind of comment on articles of all types and tones. Apparently the simple act of being vegan publicly is sanctimonious. 😒

I thought the article was a well-crafted dig at the ex-vegan BS that's been making the rounds. I find it funny that some commenters are complaining that the time spent reading it was a waste, as if it wouldn't have been a waste had the author concluded that a lack of animal products HAD almost killed her, even though that's impossible?
Naturebound likes this.
#11 Old 11-13-2015, 02:58 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by no whey jose View Post
I am so sick of the comments which completely ignore any factual issue and instead accuse all vegans of being "holier than thou." I have seen this kind of comment on articles of all types and tones. Apparently the simple act of being vegan publicly is sanctimonious. 😒

I thought the article was a well-crafted dig at the ex-vegan BS that's been making the rounds. I find it funny that some commenters are complaining that the time spent reading it was a waste, as if it wouldn't have been a waste had the author concluded that a lack of animal products HAD almost killed her, even though that's impossible?
From the comments you can tell how many people read through it hoping for an article that would give credence to their vegan hate.
It's so hard to attack plant based diets with so much evidence to support them.
But the comments made me sad...
no whey jose likes this.
#12 Old 11-13-2015, 05:02 AM
an irregular

hah, a nice morning read! whats with all of the negative comments both on the article's page and the facebook posting of how it was a waste of time? I don't consider myself any sort of speed reader by any stretch but it didn't seem to take more than a few minutes to finish and that's with ogling the food pictures!

Damn vegan propaganda! wasting time that could be better used eating hams!

instagram: Popcorncaptain
#13 Old 11-13-2015, 05:23 AM
Veggie Regular

Do not read comments!!

Anyhow I enjoyed the article. I was amused. But on these boards I suppose it's preaching to the converted.

Also learnt that though there are 7billion of us we're also keeping 70 (SEVENTY?!) billion animals as livestock. o_0

That number is terrifying. That number should be out there more prominently.
Windigo and no whey jose like this.
#14 Old 11-13-2015, 07:22 AM

That was really funny. >.<
no whey jose likes this.
#15 Old 11-15-2015, 07:41 AM
Omniscent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
Haha, I'm glad you guys enjoyed it! I posted it on the VB Facebook page too and got some really hostile responses for some reason. I guess they can't take a joke?
What is the VB Facebook page? :0
#16 Old 11-15-2015, 09:23 AM
Beginner

I don't know I read it, I get it was supposed to be funny but I thought it came off as super smug and that is kind of counter productive to the cause. I think that's what the veggies on Facebook were getting at too.

If you type in veggie boards its the first thing that comes up. Also I just want to add I really like the facebook page. I just found it and I think its got some good stuff on it.
#17 Old 11-15-2015, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredgoddess View Post
What is the VB Facebook page? :0
Just the Facebook page for our site, I post most of the content on it: https://www.facebook.com/VeggieBoards-48025857121/
LedBoots likes this.

#18 Old 11-15-2015, 11:21 AM

'One must consider the overall picture, not just forge ahead blindly with no information. I don't remember who said that, probably a teacher I had once, I do know though that balance is important, in nutrition and in our daily lives.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page