Vegan Chocolate / Baked Goods at Regular Stores - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-26-2015, 04:12 PM

Vegan Chocolate / Baked Goods at Regular Stores

Christmas is coming up and I want to buy everyone in my family (four people) something sweet but the kicker is I only have $20. I definitely want to get them all some good (not necassarily expensive, but well rated and palatable) chocolate or baked goods. But finding that in a regular store like Walmart or Kroger seems to be tough! Do you guys know of any vegan baked goods or chocolates in stores? Something good, not like Oreo cookies (lol). I will buy it online if need to be but shipping really willl drain my limited funds. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-26-2015, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator

I'm not familiar with either, but if you can find Chocolove, that's my favorite! Not all vegan, but mine is the crystallized ginger dark chocolate, which is.

Vitacost has a sale! Chocolove has really nice poems inside the wrapper too. I don't think 'lovey'
http://www.vitacost.com/Chocolove?re...m4AaApWY8P8HAQ

Endangered Species is also nice--again not all vegan. I like Chocolove so much!
#3 Old 10-26-2015, 09:15 PM
Super Moderator

Lindt 70% Cocoa is my go-to vegan chocolate. It's widely available and not too bitter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-26-2015, 10:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Aldi has some dark chocolate bars that are vegan. Near Christmas they also generally sell chocolate covered marzipan, some of which is vegan.
#5 Old 10-27-2015, 02:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Ready made vegan baked goods and chocolate in stores is probably going to be more expensive than making it yourself (and probably not as good). That said, here are a few that I am aware of:

Enjoy Life brand has some (not all) prepackaged cookies, bars, and chocolates (also chocolate chips for baking) that are vegan and also tend to be gluten/allergy free. I have seen them in mainstream grocery stores but usually in the gluten free section.

Ice Creams: SoDelicious, Coconut Bliss, Rice Dream/Soy Dream/Almond Dream
Sorbets: Talenti http://www.talentigelato.com/product-category/vegan

Daiya Cheezecake

Lucy's makes a gluten free line of cookies and bars and some of them are also vegan.

Often grocery store bakeries have ciabetta and french breads that are naturally vegan but you really have to check the label.

You could also call around to local bakeries in your area or check them out online. Sometimes they have a list of goods with a nutrition/ingredient label. There is at least one bakery in my city that makes a line of vegan cookies and bread. Sometimes bakeries will go out of their way and leave out ingredients or work with you to make something vegan if they are a smaller company and more progressive.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page