Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By jessandreia
  • 1 Post By Beautiful Joe
  • 1 Post By Kiwibird08

#1 Old 10-18-2015, 05:06 PM

Vegan shoes and reviews?

Hello everyone!
I was wondering if anyone has tried the brand, "Vegetarian Shoes". I have been looking at them, but I was trying to find reviews of the boots and shoes they sell, but can't find anything.
Also, has anyone tried the "Rawganic" website for vegan shoes? I'm just trying to figure out what to replace my non vegan shoes with, hopefully someone knows a good, durable brand?
Thanks! 😺
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-18-2015, 09:02 PM
Veggie Regular

I bought some running shoes from the Merrell brand over two years ago. Have worn them almost daily since I got them and they're still in very good condition.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#3 Old 10-19-2015, 08:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessandreia View Post
I bought some running shoes from the Merrell brand over two years ago. Have worn them almost daily since I got them and they're still in very good condition.
I agree that Merrells are very comfortable and durable shoes. Other brands that have comfortable/healthy for your feet shoes and have a vegan line are Dansko and Sanita. I have also heard Jambu spoken of highly.

Again, these brands are not all or even primarily vegan, but they do each have a limited line of vegan shoes.
Capstan likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-19-2015, 10:52 AM
Beginner

That sounds like something i should weite reviews on. Wishing you the best. But the truth is that there are plenty of brands that sell vegan shoes. My rule of thumb is looking for low cost brands because they usually cant afford to use real animal products.

Venusvegan.wordpress.com
#5 Old 10-19-2015, 11:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToriannB View Post
That sounds like something i should weite reviews on. Wishing you the best. But the truth is that there are plenty of brands that sell vegan shoes. My rule of thumb is looking for low cost brands because they usually cant afford to use real animal products.

Venusvegan.wordpress.com
The low cost ones may not use leather (although there are really inexpensive leather shoes available), but there is no telling what's in the glues. It depends whether that's important to you or not.
#6 Old 10-19-2015, 11:16 AM

i will get a pair of vegan sneakers soon when i can save more money. how are these saucony ones? they look a lot like my style.

http://www.amazon.com/Saucony-Origin...=vegan+sneaker

#7 Old 10-19-2015, 01:10 PM
No flesh since 99'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamin View Post
i will get a pair of vegan sneakers soon when i can save more money. how are these saucony ones? they look a lot like my style.

http://www.amazon.com/Saucony-Origin...=vegan+sneaker

I just got a pair of these a few months ago for walking. They are super comfy and seem to be holding up well
Naturebound likes this.
#8 Old 10-21-2015, 08:35 PM

Thanks everyone for your input, it's really fun to look for vegan shoes. I've found it hard to find reviews for the shoes I mentioned, but I will definitely look into these on here!
#9 Old 10-22-2015, 11:57 AM
Veggie Regular

I have the Vegetarian Shoes steel toe-capped work boots. I found them very hard on my feet for two or three weeks, rubbing a little on the heel, but once properly broken in they are really comfy and I wear them 8 hours a day quite happily. I'm on the lookout for a nice pair of vegan biker boots if anyone has any tips!

That awkward moment when your partner walks into the kitchen to find you huddled in the corner with an open container of nooch and a spoon and your mouth encrusted with little flakes...  
#10 Old 10-22-2015, 12:15 PM

Thanks! I know, I find it hard to find vegan shoes because I like the air cushioned soles on my old boots.
I tried many shoes, and I can't find any in person that aren't a cheap knockoff, and I'm not sure are 100% vegan. Thats why when I saw Vegetarian Shoes, I thought it was the best of both worlds. I just didn't want to jump in head first without researching.
I think its worth it in the end.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page