VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   Vegan Support Forum (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/60-vegan-support-forum/)
-   -   Just need some love... (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/60-vegan-support-forum/191673-just-need-some-love.html)

NatCrashBurner 10-05-2015 08:57 PM

Just need some love...
 
I need to talk to someone. I don't have any vegan friends. I went vegan back in March, about 5 months ago. It has become something I'm incredibly passionate about... Animal rights etc... Anyways, I live in Texas. Not only in Texas, but I love in Fort Worth, also know as "cow town". It's a city and culture based around animal cruelty... (The slaughter of animals, and the rodeo is huge here.) None of my friends understand my passion towards animal equality... And they joke about it to me, which breaks my heart... But I can't say anything about it. My boyfriend, who is a meat eater, has been very supportive of my new lifestyle, however tonight he admitted that "it's been really hard" since I went vegan. I'm just having a hard time being surrounded by people that don't understand my perception of things... I feel like I need hugs from other vegans... I'm tired of being the odd one out and being picked on...

>Natalie "crash" Stenger

Stacyjune 10-06-2015 06:30 AM

Omggg I feel so much like you right now!! I transitioned to veganism the same time as you also! I'm from Wisconsin surrounded by cheese heads Lol!! I would very much like to have a vegan pal who I can msg about our vegan progress and advice! Good luck on your journey and maybe we can be buddies :)

Linky 10-06-2015 07:00 AM

I wonder if there is some kind of Vegan Skype chat or something.

Anyway, Welcome to the forum, Nat. You'll find a lot of like-minded people on this forum. A lot. But it must be hard living in the center of all that. Here-

http://iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/...3536082902.jpg

Dogma 10-06-2015 07:00 AM

*thumpthumpthumpthumpthump!*

*somersaults backwards down stairs*

*raises hands up from floor*

"Feeling the way you do is really hard. Kick his ass."

*hugs*

*somersaults forwards up stairs*

*pmuhtpmuhtpmuhtpmuhtpmuht!*

Gita 10-06-2015 07:42 AM

Well, I live out in the Tejas area too and you have a better shot at meeting vegetarians than I do. You are approx. 36 minutes from Dallas, with a huge Vegetarian Meet-Up, and many fine Veggie restaurants. Obviously, you are a Vegan, not a Vegetarian, but you might find people who are Vegans or want to become. My advice is to join that meet-up, go to dinner with these fine folks on Wednesday once a month, bring some business cards (cards with your name and e-mail for the rest of us) and meet and greet. I live in a tiny town of 35000 and the only thing vegan I can get in this town is a plate of beans and a rude comment.

Lymo 10-06-2015 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NatCrashBurner (Post 3794777)
I need to talk to someone. I don't have any vegan friends. I went vegan back in March, about 5 months ago. It has become something I'm incredibly passionate about... Animal rights etc... Anyways, I live in Texas. Not only in Texas, but I love in Fort Worth, also know as "cow town". It's a city and culture based around animal cruelty... (The slaughter of animals, and the rodeo is huge here.) None of my friends understand my passion towards animal equality... And they joke about it to me, which breaks my heart... But I can't say anything about it. My boyfriend, who is a meat eater, has been very supportive of my new lifestyle, however tonight he admitted that "it's been really hard" since I went vegan. I'm just having a hard time being surrounded by people that don't understand my perception of things... I feel like I need hugs from other vegans... I'm tired of being the odd one out and being picked on...

>Natalie "crash" Stenger

Hugs! My only vegan friend just went away so I've been feeling pretty alone in this meat eating world also?been relying on the interwebz heavily for support as well. It gets better! :D

David3 10-06-2015 10:51 AM

Hi Nat,


There is a huge vegan / raw food social group in Fort Worth: http://www.meetup.com/The-Fort-Worth...-Meetup-Group/ . They have regular get-togethers, including one coming up on October 17th (see the link).

Purp 10-07-2015 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gita (Post 3794985)
Well, I live out in the Tejas area too and you have a better shot at meeting vegetarians than I do. You are approx. 36 minutes from Dallas, with a huge Vegetarian Meet-Up, and many fine Veggie restaurants. Obviously, you are a Vegan, not a Vegetarian, but you might find people who are Vegans or want to become. My advice is to join that meet-up, go to dinner with these fine folks on Wednesday once a month, bring some business cards (cards with your name and e-mail for the rest of us) and meet and greet. I live in a tiny town of 35000 and the only thing vegan I can get in this town is a plate of beans and a rude comment.

http://www.peta.org/wp-content/uploa...20150415050718
http://www.vegancookingwithlove.com/...om-570x451.jpg
http://cdn.ohsheglows.com/wp-content...chili-5272.jpg
http://cdn3.minimalistbaker.com/wp-c...glutenfree.jpg
http://cdn3.minimalistbaker.com/wp-c...akes-vegan.jpgHere you are, you wonderful person. Eat and enjoy. :)

Marjoram 10-07-2015 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NatCrashBurner (Post 3794777)
My boyfriend, who is a meat eater, has been very supportive of my new lifestyle, however tonight he admitted that "it's been really hard" since I went vegan. I'm just having a hard time being surrounded by people that don't understand my perception of things... I feel like I need hugs from other vegans... I'm tired of being the odd one out and being picked on...

>Natalie "crash" Stenger

HUGZ!

But how has it been hard for your boy friend, it's you the vegan, or did me meant coping with your emotions? Being the odd one is great, it means you ain't a puppet of society with all the bad that comes with it, be proud that your oddity is one of compassion! Nothing negative in that, lift that chin up! As for being picked on, your friends should know better. People that loved you should never do something that is upsetting you and you should make things clear with them. A little teasing is fine, it's part of having friends, but if it becomes a kind of bullying it's wrong. If they are real friends they will understand. Make sure you are also respecting their choice as meat eaters though. Being pushy brings nothing good most of the time.

Dogma 10-07-2015 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marjoram (Post 3795681)
Make sure you are also respecting their choice as meat eaters though.

*coughs loudly*

ToriannB 10-07-2015 12:40 PM

We all make changes and they impact the people around us. He has been supportive which is great. And i need a support group as well. My fam has been tolerant. If you need to vent or anything just let me know.

http://venusvegan.wordpress.com

cherries 10-07-2015 10:21 PM

I" know how you feel I live in small town where hunting, fishing and eating animal products are the norm.

LedBoots 10-08-2015 03:01 AM

Sorry wrong thread, can't delete, carry on. :)

TailFin 10-08-2015 11:08 AM

I'm surprised there are so many vegans on this forum.

karenlovessnow 10-09-2015 02:44 AM


Darn, you, for posting those pictures! I'm having major cravings, now, lol.

:)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Purp 10-09-2015 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gita (Post 3794985)
I live in a tiny town of 35000 and the only thing vegan I can get in this town is a plate of beans and a rude comment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karenlovessnow (Post 3797001)
Darn, you, for posting those pictures! I'm having major cravings, now, lol.

:)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not my fault where @Gita lives and how people treat her. ;)

VeggieSince88 10-09-2015 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NatCrashBurner (Post 3794777)
I need to talk to someone. I don't have any vegan friends. I went vegan back in March, about 5 months ago. It has become something I'm incredibly passionate about... Animal rights etc... Anyways, I live in Texas. Not only in Texas, but I love in Fort Worth, also know as "cow town". It's a city and culture based around animal cruelty... (The slaughter of animals, and the rodeo is huge here.)

I lived not far from you, in a North Dallas suburb called Carrollton, for years before moving back home to Southern California. I feel for you!

Hang in there. :)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.