Don't be a junk food vegan: keep a whole food plant based diet - Page 5 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 333Likes

#121 Old 10-02-2015, 12:02 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by no whey jose View Post
You aren't a vegan, nor is anyone who doesn't care about animals-- which undoubtedly isn't 50% of those who call themselves vegan. If you don't care about animals, why do you care about this? Seriously, what do you imagine that label will grant you? I ask this of every plant-based dieter who complains about the definition of veganism being inextricably linked to animal rights, and I've yet to receive a satisfactory answer. It seems that you people think of veganism as some club from which you're being unfairly excluded, which only serves to highlight the point that you're missing: veganism is about the billions of animals being tortured and killed, not about you or your ego. To shift the focus from the animals to yourself, to your physique or your bloodwork, is profoundly disrespectful and indicative of the very dismissive attitude toward animals which veganism condemns.
It's similar to meat eaters who only eat fish or chicken (or sometimes burgers but only on weekends) wanting to be called vegetarian. It just makes things confusing for everyone.

If you don't eat any animal products and you only eat plants then that's great, it's fantastic actually and it does have a positive impact for the animals for sure but calling yourself vegan while wearing a fur coat for instance would be as silly as calling yourself a vegetarian while gnawing on a chicken bone.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 Old 10-02-2015, 05:58 AM
Veggie Regular

I have the feeling this discussion is leading no where, we keep repeating ourselves lol. When someone doesn't want to accept a fact what can we do? I'm done with this thread

"To the world you may be just one person, but to one life you may be the world."

#123 Old 10-02-2015, 10:36 AM
Veggie Regular

So a dietary vegan is not a vegan? ...And come-on lets not get too dumb.

Caring about our health is caring about our very state of being and future which is a very good thing to be seriously concerned about making the most of.

http://TRUEHEALTHHAPPENS.COM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#124 Old 10-02-2015, 10:48 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthios View Post
So a dietary vegan is not a vegan? ...And come-on lets not get too dumb.
NO, NOT IF THE DIETARY VEGAN USES ANIMAL PRODUCTS FOR CLOTHING, ETC. Veganism is about non-exploitation of animals.

Sorry to yell, but how many times does this have to be repeated?
#125 Old 10-02-2015, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post
It is against the Terms of Service to call someone a troll. If you feel a post is trollage, please just report it. No Whey Jose is not a troll, she is an active member here. She just gave birth to her first child, so perhaps she hasn't been as active as of late.
Thank you. There's nothing troll-like about me, aside from my affinity for bridges.
#126 Old 10-02-2015, 11:23 AM
Impeach the gangster

MOD POST- Several posts have been deleted, having to do with name-calling. A reminder: personal attacks against members is against VB posting rules.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#127 Old 10-02-2015, 02:49 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
I couldn't help but share this photo that has been floating around on social media like Facebook as of late. This is what happens when "vegan" is lumped in as a diet. It tends to get made fun of by the omnis.
Hahaa but this funny. It's only poking fun at diet trends. The truth is that for some veganism is a trend. If we as a community find fault with everything we may never be able to enjoy the positive things that are happening because we only choose to see the negative. I would have been concerned if it was offensive. It's ice! Smile a little!

Tags
food , health , junk , processed , Vegan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page