VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   Vegan Support Forum (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/60-vegan-support-forum/)
-   -   Are ramen noodles vegan? (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/60-vegan-support-forum/186905-ramen-noodles-vegan.html)

shellie 08-09-2015 08:50 AM

Are ramen noodles vegan?

I don't normally eat ramen noodles but my grandmother-in-law makes a cabbage salad which also includes ramen noodles. She doesn't use the seasoning packet. I was reading the label on the noodles the other day and noticed it does contain milk ingredients (all brands and flavors available at my local grocery store). Does anyone know if the milk products are in the actual noodles or in the seasoning packet? Of course, buying the noodles either way is contributing to the demand but eating them at her house (she has all the grandkids over once or twice each month) wouldn't increase demand because she'll make the salad whether I eat it or not.

no whey jose 08-09-2015 09:15 AM

As far as I know, all ramen noodles are vegan. What brand does she use?

Suezo 08-09-2015 09:36 AM

Top Ramen oriental and chili are vegan.

silva 08-09-2015 12:24 PM

The packets i've seen list the packet ingrediants separate from the noodles. Yes, top ramen oriental is vegan for both, but I'm pretty, pretty sure Marchuans noodles are vegan-just none of the flavor packets

I think I know the cabbage salad you're talking about! with a soy sauce/gingery dressing? and maybe some sunflower seeds? i used to make that, it's good!

I now buy ramen noodles that are baked, not fried like the cheap packs, in Asian groceries. or a discount store sells them- they're called "chuka noodles" and are just a brick of curly noodles. they're still under $2.00 for maybe 6 servings. Just wheat flour, water and tumeric for color. the brand is Roland.

shellie 08-10-2015 06:13 PM

I'm not sure what brand she uses but I feel better hearing it should be the seasoning packet and not the actual noodles which wouldn't necessarily be vegan.

PandemicAcolyte 08-15-2015 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suezo (Post 3742937)
Top Ramen oriental and chili are vegan.

Last I checked the packets contained milk?

silva 08-15-2015 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PandemicAcolyte (Post 3749889)
Last I checked the packets contained milk?

I don't about the ones from Mars, but in the US they've always been vegan. I will go to the grocery store I otherwise avoid for these because they're the only one that sells them.

I used to eat them often the winter until I found out just how bad they are. Now I buy the baked ramen that nothing but wheat and water, and tumeric.

no whey jose 08-15-2015 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silva (Post 3750225)
I don't about the ones from Mars, but in the US they've always been vegan. I will go to the grocery store I otherwise avoid for these because they're the only one that sells them.

I used to eat them often the winter until I found out just how bad they are. Now I buy the baked ramen that nothing but wheat and water, and tumeric.

They have ramen on Mars? Sweet!

David3 08-15-2015 06:20 PM

David3 08-15-2015 06:25 PM

Arnold Schwarzenegger used to do TV commercials for ramen noodles:

MrVegi 08-16-2015 03:42 AM

Why wouldn't they be?

silva 08-16-2015 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrVegi (Post 3750545)
Why wouldn't they be?

You mean why wouldn't they be vegan or why wouldn't they have them on Mars?

The common ramen I see in stores is Marchuenn and while I know all their packets have dairy or egg ingrediants I'm not sure of the noodles, but I have seen ramen noodles have egg

On Mars? Ask PandemicAcolyte

MrVegi 08-17-2015 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silva (Post 3750585)
You mean why wouldn't they be vegan or why wouldn't they have them on Mars?

The common ramen I see in stores is Marchuenn and while I know all their packets have dairy or egg ingrediants I'm not sure of the noodles, but I have seen ramen noodles have egg

On Mars? Ask PandemicAcolyte

When I see them in the store they dont have milk products in them so I guess it depends where you buy them.

Pirate Huntress 08-17-2015 10:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
if it comes with a non vegan seasoning packet, no

silva 08-17-2015 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrVegi (Post 3751489)
When I see them in the store they dont have milk products in them so I guess it depends where you buy them.

I'm referring more to the flavor packets. I don't think the noodles have dairy or egg, but some seperate dry ramen noodles do