Is nail polish vegan? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-28-2015, 10:03 AM
Veggie Regular

Is nail polish vegan?

This may be a stupid question but does anyone know if nail polish is vegan? I don't wear make up or hair care products... I'm pretty low maintenance but I do love to paint my nails so I'm really hoping nail polish is vegan, or that there are at least some vegan brands. Thanks for any help you can give me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-28-2015, 02:15 PM
Veggie Regular

There are vegan brands of nail polish.

This website should help you find vegan brands.
https://www.crueltyfreeinternational.org/LeapingBunny

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#3 Old 06-28-2015, 08:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellie View Post
This may be a stupid question but does anyone know if nail polish is vegan? I don't wear make up or hair care products... I'm pretty low maintenance but I do love to paint my nails so I'm really hoping nail polish is vegan, or that there are at least some vegan brands. Thanks for any help you can give me!
Not a stupid question..... Much as we joke about the stupid things Omni's say to us, there's actually no stupid questions (no, not even "Where do you get your protein?"). Living in a world that depends so heavily on treating animals badly, it's easy to think that's the only way to do things.

jessandreia's link is PERFECT!

But from my personal prefence, I really like Manic Panic. They're a vegan brand of makeup, hair dye and nail polish. I mainly use them for my hair, but when I want my hair and nails to match, I use their nail polish . It's gentler on my nails than other brands seem to be. It chips a little easier and takes an extra layer or two. But the colours are wild and I love them!

I think Australis also have vegan nail polish. They mark things that are 'vegan' on their website, they don't test on animals either.

ELF are my faves as well. Big range of products from them actually and their nail polishes are wonderful. (And cheap)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-29-2015, 10:22 AM
Veggie Regular

Thank you!
#5 Old 07-01-2016, 08:04 AM

Smile

I have a website that stocks all vegan nail polishes. In particular, Zoya, ella+mila, Kester Black, paint nail lacquer. All very good quality, long lasting, five free and cruelty free.

its called letitbebeauty.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page