• 1 Post By Madness-required
  • 1 Post By no whey jose
  • 1 Post By melimomTARDIS
  • 1 Post By Ladyjay
  • 1 Post By xPigeon Swarmx
  • 1 Post By Jasminedesi16

#1 Old 06-02-2015, 06:40 PM

Love for vegucated thread

So, I love the movie vegucated and I even plan on watching it tonight again.I thought we should have a thread dedicated to how much we all love this documentry,and what it has taught us, or how it has changed our lives/eating habits.
Werewolf Girl likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-02-2015, 09:43 PM
cinnamon bun

haha I love that documentary! I love the latina chick and the woman the most, they're so funny and relatable. Watching it makes me want to keep on being vegan. It really shows everything a beginner needs to know about veganism.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3 Old 06-03-2015, 07:30 AM
Veggie Regular

I saw vegecated on netflix not too long ago. its really uplifting!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-05-2015, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator

That documentary is great! I was already vegan when I saw it but I loved the approach and it's helped many many people go vegan. Love it!

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#5 Old 06-05-2015, 01:13 PM
Veggie Regular

I want to watch this but I was wondering how much animal cruelty/slaughter house footage do they show? I can take a little bit but I get really sensitive in the real graphic cruelty.
#6 Old 06-05-2015, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasminedesi16 View Post
I want to watch this but I was wondering how much animal cruelty/slaughter house footage do they show? I can take a little bit but I get really sensitive in the real graphic cruelty.
I think you'll be fine with Vegucated. They really don't show much animal cruelty. There is one scene where they visit the outskirts of a farm and find a few bodies (if I'm remembering correctly), but it's over quickly. They focus more on food and on the participants' adjustment to their new diets.
Jasminedesi16 likes this.
#7 Old 06-05-2015, 04:48 PM
Veggie Regular

it is not an "in your face" angry type movie. I feel that it would be safe to watch with kids.
#8 Old 06-05-2015, 05:56 PM
Embracer of the Veggies

I watched it with my 12 year old son. He was fine. We have watched a lot of documentaries together. This particular one inspired him to eat more veggies than he ever has.
#9 Old 06-05-2015, 10:47 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by no whey jose View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasminedesi16 View Post
I think you'll be fine with Vegucated. They really don't show much animal cruelty. There is one scene where they visit the outskirts of a farm and find a few bodies (if I'm remembering correctly), but it's over quickly. They focus more on food and on the participants' adjustment to their new diets.
I just watched it after seeing this topic. It was really cool to see those three people get vegucated.

There were definitely some graphic parts, though. Jasmine, you might want to just look away for those parts. I did as much as I could. I can't stand to see it. That being said, I think this would be a great one to recommend or show to people who are in the dark about it.
#10 Old 06-07-2015, 10:23 AM
Veggie Regular

Thank you everyone for your responses, I will watch it and cover my eyes if anything graphic comes on. It sounds like a great documentary.
no whey jose likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page