VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   Vegan Support Forum (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/60-vegan-support-forum/)
-   -   So much food I didn't know what to do!!!! (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/60-vegan-support-forum/179089-so-much-food-i-didnt-know-what-do.html)

TheVeggieCat 05-17-2015 01:05 AM

So much food I didn't know what to do!!!!

Wen't to the Hibachi grill with Dad and Best Friend today. I expected only to do a veggie sushi roll, but the hibachi chef had over heard me ordering the veggie roll and asked if I was a vegetarian, I said "Yes sir, I'm vegan actually." He said. "Oh! I can make you a vegan hibachi, grilled veg and fried rice with no eggs or meat." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I ordered the vegan hibachi. He made my meal first and loaded my plate up with grilled veggies, seasoned cabbage, mountains of fried rice, and on top of that I got an 8 piece veggie roll and a ginger salad. he even gave me a separate dipping tray with ginger sauce instead of their normal fish sauce. This man deserves a medal. I haven't been this full in a restaurant in a long looooong time. I'm telling you, a few years ago that wouldn't have happened. This is such a major improvement in the world of going out to eat as a vegan.

Nooch 05-17-2015 03:57 AM

Brilliant! Some places get it so right :) Though I get confused when I actually have a choice of what to eat, I'm so used to having whatever the single vegan dish is and it takes forever to choose!

no whey jose 05-17-2015 04:01 AM

That's so awesome! This brightened my day. :) What's the name of the place?

shellie 05-17-2015 06:53 AM

That's great!

silva 05-17-2015 06:59 AM

That is great!
If there's a place to review this restaurant you should include your experience!

Now I want to go to a hibachi restaurant. I'd forgotten how good that quick cook method is!

LedBoots 05-17-2015 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silva (Post 3652609)
That is great!
If there's a place to review this restaurant you should include your experience!

Now I want to go to a hibachi restaurant. I'd forgotten how good that quick cook method is!

Yes, and put it on Happycow!

TheVeggieCat 05-17-2015 11:09 AM

It's called Yuki's Japanese Steak House in Biloxi Ms on Pass Rd!!

Jasminedesi16 05-17-2015 11:31 AM

Such an awesome story, thanks for sharing! I hope more restaurants become like this! :D

Tom 05-17-2015 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nooch (Post 3652393)
Brilliant! Some places get it so right :) Though I get confused when I actually have a choice of what to eat, I'm so used to having whatever the single vegan dish is and it takes forever to choose!

ABSOLUTELY! I usually try to pick something that sounds interesting and tasty, but is quite unlike anything I've had before. But then, I'm not a fussy eater (except for that thing about meat/fish/dairy/egg...)

Welcome, TheVeggieCat! (Languages interest me but I'm not nearly as knowledgeable about them as you are. Back in high school I had 2 years of Latin and 3 years of French, but that was a LONG time ago. I've dabbled a bit in Irish more recently.)

David3 07-02-2019 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hibasoup (Post 4121792)
Recently stumbled upon a wonderful recipe.
Children are delighted, although they do not like such dishes.
club.cooking/recipe/hibachi-soup/

Try it.

https://club.cooking/wp-content/uplo...-Soup-prev.jpg

Not vegetarian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JesseG 09-13-2019 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheVeggieCat (Post 3652281)
Wen't to the Hibachi grill with Dad and Best Friend today. I expected only to do a veggie sushi roll, but the hibachi chef had over heard me ordering the veggie roll and asked if I was a vegetarian, I said "Yes sir, I'm vegan actually." He said. "Oh! I can make you a vegan hibachi, grilled veg and fried rice with no eggs or meat." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I ordered the vegan hibachi. He made my meal first and loaded my plate up with grilled veggies, seasoned cabbage, mountains of fried rice, and on top of that I got an 8 piece veggie roll and a ginger salad. he even gave me a separate dipping tray with ginger sauce instead of their normal fish sauce. This man deserves a medal. I haven't been this full in a restaurant in a long looooong time. I'm telling you, a few years ago that wouldn't have happened. This is such a major improvement in the world of going out to eat as a vegan.

I was literally drooling while reading your post. As a vegan dining out was always a struggle because we don't have those restaurants that have vegan-friendly menus.