VeggieBoards banner

So much food I didn't know what to do!!!!

1K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  JesseG 
#1 ·
Wen't to the Hibachi grill with Dad and Best Friend today. I expected only to do a veggie sushi roll, but the hibachi chef had over heard me ordering the veggie roll and asked if I was a vegetarian, I said "Yes sir, I'm vegan actually." He said. "Oh! I can make you a vegan hibachi, grilled veg and fried rice with no eggs or meat." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I ordered the vegan hibachi. He made my meal first and loaded my plate up with grilled veggies, seasoned cabbage, mountains of fried rice, and on top of that I got an 8 piece veggie roll and a ginger salad. he even gave me a separate dipping tray with ginger sauce instead of their normal fish sauce. This man deserves a medal. I haven't been this full in a restaurant in a long looooong time. I'm telling you, a few years ago that wouldn't have happened. This is such a major improvement in the world of going out to eat as a vegan.

#2 ·
Brilliant! Some places get it so right :) Though I get confused when I actually have a choice of what to eat, I'm so used to having whatever the single vegan dish is and it takes forever to choose!

#9 · (Edited)
ABSOLUTELY! I usually try to pick something that sounds interesting and tasty, but is quite unlike anything I've had before. But then, I'm not a fussy eater (except for that thing about meat/fish/dairy/egg...)

Welcome, TheVeggieCat! (Languages interest me but I'm not nearly as knowledgeable about them as you are. Back in high school I had 2 years of Latin and 3 years of French, but that was a LONG time ago. I've dabbled a bit in Irish more recently.)

This post has been deleted
#10 ·
Not vegetarian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.