• 13 Post By TheVeggieCat
  • 6 Post By Nooch
  • 1 Post By silva
  • 1 Post By LedBoots
  • 2 Post By TheVeggieCat
  • 1 Post By Jasminedesi16

#1 Old 05-17-2015, 01:05 AM
Part-Time Russian

Talking So much food I didn't know what to do!!!!

Wen't to the Hibachi grill with Dad and Best Friend today. I expected only to do a veggie sushi roll, but the hibachi chef had over heard me ordering the veggie roll and asked if I was a vegetarian, I said "Yes sir, I'm vegan actually." He said. "Oh! I can make you a vegan hibachi, grilled veg and fried rice with no eggs or meat." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I ordered the vegan hibachi. He made my meal first and loaded my plate up with grilled veggies, seasoned cabbage, mountains of fried rice, and on top of that I got an 8 piece veggie roll and a ginger salad. he even gave me a separate dipping tray with ginger sauce instead of their normal fish sauce. This man deserves a medal. I haven't been this full in a restaurant in a long looooong time. I'm telling you, a few years ago that wouldn't have happened. This is such a major improvement in the world of going out to eat as a vegan.

Born in Mississippi, lives in Mississippi, Loves Vegemite
Has no Accent
Vegan
Honors Student

For some reason everyone thinks I'm weird...

Languages: English both Brit and American.
русский
Deutsch
Español
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-17-2015, 03:57 AM
Veggie Regular

Brilliant! Some places get it so right Though I get confused when I actually have a choice of what to eat, I'm so used to having whatever the single vegan dish is and it takes forever to choose!

That awkward moment when your partner walks into the kitchen to find you huddled in the corner with an open container of nooch and a spoon and your mouth encrusted with little flakes...  
#3 Old 05-17-2015, 04:01 AM
Super Moderator

That's so awesome! This brightened my day. What's the name of the place?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-17-2015, 06:53 AM
Veggie Regular

That's great!
#5 Old 05-17-2015, 06:59 AM
Super Moderator

That is great!
If there's a place to review this restaurant you should include your experience!

Now I want to go to a hibachi restaurant. I'd forgotten how good that quick cook method is!
no whey jose likes this.
#6 Old 05-17-2015, 07:26 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
That is great!
If there's a place to review this restaurant you should include your experience!

Now I want to go to a hibachi restaurant. I'd forgotten how good that quick cook method is!
Yes, and put it on Happycow!
no whey jose likes this.
#7 Old 05-17-2015, 11:09 AM
Part-Time Russian

It's called Yuki's Japanese Steak House in Biloxi Ms on Pass Rd!!
#8 Old 05-17-2015, 11:31 AM
Veggie Regular

Such an awesome story, thanks for sharing! I hope more restaurants become like this!
no whey jose likes this.
#9 Old 05-17-2015, 11:54 AM
Tom
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooch View Post
Brilliant! Some places get it so right Though I get confused when I actually have a choice of what to eat, I'm so used to having whatever the single vegan dish is and it takes forever to choose!
ABSOLUTELY! I usually try to pick something that sounds interesting and tasty, but is quite unlike anything I've had before. But then, I'm not a fussy eater (except for that thing about meat/fish/dairy/egg...)

Welcome, TheVeggieCat! (Languages interest me but I'm not nearly as knowledgeable about them as you are. Back in high school I had 2 years of Latin and 3 years of French, but that was a LONG time ago. I've dabbled a bit in Irish more recently.)

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.

Last edited by Tom; 05-17-2015 at 11:56 AM.
#10 Old 07-02-2019, 12:11 PM
Vegan since 1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibasoup View Post
Recently stumbled upon a wonderful recipe.
Children are delighted, although they do not like such dishes.
club.cooking/recipe/hibachi-soup/

Try it.

Not vegetarian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________

Specific recommendations for a healthy diet include: eating more fruit, vegetables, legumes, nuts and grains; cutting down on salt, sugar and fats. It is also advisable to choose unsaturated fats, instead of saturated fats and towards the elimination of trans-fatty acids."
- United Nations' World Health Organization
http://www.who.int/topics/diet/en/
#11 Old 09-13-2019, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVeggieCat View Post
Wen't to the Hibachi grill with Dad and Best Friend today. I expected only to do a veggie sushi roll, but the hibachi chef had over heard me ordering the veggie roll and asked if I was a vegetarian, I said "Yes sir, I'm vegan actually." He said. "Oh! I can make you a vegan hibachi, grilled veg and fried rice with no eggs or meat." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I ordered the vegan hibachi. He made my meal first and loaded my plate up with grilled veggies, seasoned cabbage, mountains of fried rice, and on top of that I got an 8 piece veggie roll and a ginger salad. he even gave me a separate dipping tray with ginger sauce instead of their normal fish sauce. This man deserves a medal. I haven't been this full in a restaurant in a long looooong time. I'm telling you, a few years ago that wouldn't have happened. This is such a major improvement in the world of going out to eat as a vegan.
I was literally drooling while reading your post. As a vegan dining out was always a struggle because we don't have those restaurants that have vegan-friendly menus.

Last edited by JesseG; 09-13-2019 at 08:57 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in