VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   Vegan Support Forum (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/60-vegan-support-forum/)
-   -   Caryn Calabrese, age 68, long term vegan (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/60-vegan-support-forum/177393-caryn-calabrese-age-68-long-term-vegan.html)

cuberail 05-02-2015 09:59 AM

Caryn Calabrese, age 68, long term vegan

Werewolf Girl 05-02-2015 04:39 PM

Wow! I hope I look that good when I'm 68 :D

cuberail 05-02-2015 05:37 PM

you will, if you eat right, exercise, and don't get too much sun.

no whey jose 05-03-2015 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl (Post 3633481)

I don't look that good NOW. [emoji23]

karenlovessnow 05-03-2015 04:03 AM

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedPill 05-03-2015 05:32 AM

I read an interview she did. She got some pretty crazy ideas about health.
Take this for example:
Quote:

"Why raw foods? The whole point is enzymes and oxygen. Enzymes are the spark of life; when they’re gone, you die. Heating food destroys
enzymes and oxygen. Your body has to use its store of enzymes to break
it down. Raw foods add enzymes. Animals in the wild don’t get arthritis
or cancer or tuberculosis because they’re eating raw. Humans are the only
animals that voluntarily fire their food. If you eat cooked food, take lots
of enzymes!"
She's just flat out wrong here.

cuberail 05-03-2015 06:33 AM

raw foods have benefits, though. they provide more protection from cancers than cooked. and probably more phytochemical benefits on the whole (i know there are exceptions for some isolated compounds). they are great, but not for the reasons that raw foodists state. annette larkins is also extremely well preserved as is mimi kirk.

cuberail 05-03-2015 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no whey jose (Post 3633849)

that's debatable. you have no idea how attractive youth is. when you are pushing 70 you will look back at this time and say to yourself, "how could i not realize how amazing i was?"

Purp 05-03-2015 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl (Post 3633481)

You probably will.

Quote:

Originally Posted by no whey jose (Post 3633849)

Who told you you don't look good now?? They lied to you, you're beautiful right now.

no whey jose 05-04-2015 03:01 AM

Aww, Purp. <3

Naturebound 05-04-2015 03:57 AM

I don't know if I would look that good in my seventies, but I think I look better at 42 than I did at 20 years old, hands down. I am more toned and stronger, more active, have more energy. Though I may be a tad more cautious and less adventurous lol. I am not quite as flexible as when I was 20 but I can still do the splits in at least one direction.

I also do not wear makeup and rarely have (save my sisters wedding in 1995 and dance performances on stage many many years ago). I am still mistaken for being in my twenties in some photos, though I think this last few years has been a trying time and aged me lol.

However, I do not like the shape of my body (short waist, very long legs, knock knees, large butt even at a very low weight). I can't really change that, but over the years I manipulated my weight and body fat to try to at least control it a little. One of the hardest things I think is for women to accept their bodies the way they are and love what you have right now. We are practically born taught to compare ourselves to others and live up to a certain standard. Health and longevity come not just with physicality, but with attitude and outlook.

Vegan Dave 05-04-2015 09:33 PM

I'll never look that good....ever. Especially in a bikini. :eek: