I gained weight on a vegan diet! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By silva
  • 1 Post By no whey jose

#1 Old 04-27-2015, 05:21 PM

I gained weight on a vegan diet!

I Gained Weight On A Vegan Diet!
Hey Guys! Check out today's video where I discuss why I gained weight on a vegan diet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-27-2015, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator

That's me too!
Actually, when I committed to being strict vegetarian I followed Dr. Furhmans Eat to Live and the Food for Life principles
I didn't miss anything because I didn't eat sugar or junky stuff at all. Then thinking about all the foods I loved, as well as how much I missed them and wanted to recreate vegan versions crept in and I was far more successful than I thought!
cakes, cookies, cream sauces, gravies, seitan roasts in every version, deli sandwiches with daiya, potato salads full of vegan mayo!!!
One of the people who finalized my vegan decision was surprisingly plump. I mean plump rather politely

So many people fail to realize how similiar a plant based diet can be to an omnivorous diet. If you overlook the ethics of meat a healthy omni diet is like a healthy plant based one. Same with a junky one.

I feel now like I'm omni--just meaning that I eat a wide variety of foods, and animal products are not foods
#3 Old 04-28-2015, 01:55 PM
Beginner

Yeah I feel I'm not eating any differently then I was on a Omnivore diet though the only difference is I'm going to the toilet more often. However since becoming (well, transitional I'm not 100% Vegan) I've learnt a good deal on nutrition just need more will power to eat as nature intended. (no added sugar, oils etc)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-29-2015, 12:35 AM

I'm going to watch your video shortly, but just from reading your title, I can tell you that I was on the same boat. Nearly all processed foods fall under the vegan category, and you can easily let yourself go... and get fat. I've just about had it with the..."veganism (regardless of what "kind") is the magical panacea to losing weight!" marketing schemes. No, silly! Eating raw fruits and vegetables, and remaining calorie-deficient throughout your day is what will lose you that weight. It's not rocket science, folks.

Anyway, it happened to me during my depressive state last year, and I did pack many pounds myself. However, I'm now getting my life back together again, and have already lost 35 pounds. Need to lose 5 more and I'll be perfect. I will never sabotage myself again.
#5 Old 04-29-2015, 03:14 AM
Super Moderator

I'm not all that concerned with my weight, as long as I stay in a healthy range for my age and height. I love that we now have an array of vegan treats to enjoy. It makes veganism more accessible to the public, because you truly don't have to give up anything you love to eat. I also believe that a slice of vegan cake now and then is good for the psyche.
dormouse likes this.
#6 Old 04-29-2015, 04:42 AM
Veggie Regular

Eliminating all added fats let one eat a lot more than usual without gaining. But even then if one does not limit the starchy carbohydrates, it's not impossible to overdo it.

I don't limit fats as much as I used to these days but I tend to eat the f+v first, and the starches later. This helps to keep me from eating more than what I should, while still eating enough.
#7 Old 05-04-2015, 11:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Eating veggie or vegan can either be healthy or not. If you stay away from processed foods and only eat fruits, veggies, and starches it might work well for you. I did a vegan diet for a long time but the food was very processed. I have done a whole foods diet for two weeks and my stomach shrunk like you would not believe. If I am hungry I eat a fruit or veggies. It is working well.

Tags
Vegan , vegetarian , weight gain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page