Room Construction/Painting Advice? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-05-2015, 10:08 PM

Arrow Room Construction/Painting Advice?

Hi Veggieboards! I know I go a long time without being active on here, but I would really love some advice.

So, I've been dealing with some serious personal issues for awhile and have put this off, but now my life has been slowly improving and I'm ready to finally finish "construction work" on my new bedroom!

To the point: I can't really find much info from a quick Google search, but, from what I've read plaster and paint generally are not vegan. Yes, totally with you on the practical and as far as possible thing, but I would love it if I can use vegan products this time with this project. Are there any "normal" options I can pick up at, say, Lowes or Walmart? (Sorry, right now those are my only shopping options.)

I think I can make it work if not but maybe you know of some good online options I might miss? This room is important to me so I can wait and save up if I have to if they are a little more expensive. Thank you so much, I'm really happy to finally be able to do this.
Really I would just love some more solid information regarding this kind of house work construction thing, I'm totally new to it and will be having my parents help me out but with my OCD especially, it would be great to surround myself with a more vegan-friendly bedroom if at all possible this time. I don't mind going out of my way a little bit.

"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering" - Star Wars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-06-2015, 04:21 AM
just add raisins

What makes you think that plaster is not vegan? A traditional plaster is made from a mixture of minerals, I can't see what animal ingredients would be used?

I believe some of the eco-friendly paints sometimes use animal ingredients, but I've also seen some eco paints that specify vegan ingredients. If you do a websearch for "vegan wall paint" several options seem to pop up, though they are probably mail-order.
#3 Old 04-06-2015, 05:39 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

I think you are safe just buying a good quality plaster and paint from Lowe's. I used the Lowes house brand interior paint a few years ago, as it was rated high and priced low.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-11-2015, 03:44 PM

Aww, I haven't been on here and left my own thead. Sorry guys, thank you for the replies!

What little popped up I saw some things saying plaster had some kind of animal ingredient and that paints did too often.
So I was curious if anyone here knew more off the top of their head.
Still any help is appreciated if anyone has something to add. Have been dealing with other stuff and the room is still waiting, haha.

"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering" - Star Wars

Tags
drywall , paint , painting , plaster , room

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page