12Likes
  • 1 Post By jessandreia
  • 3 Post By River
  • 1 Post By silva
  • 1 Post By silva
  • 5 Post By dormouse
  • 1 Post By scwendy

#1 Old 04-02-2015, 03:49 PM

Smile Easter Questions for Vegan Parents...

Hi there,

As it is now officially Easter (well it is in New Zealand anyway), i had a few curiosities that I am seeking answers to

This is questions for Vegan parents of young children that they are raising Vegan. So, let's say your child is still believing in Santa, Fairies, The Sandman, and the EASTER BUNNY. When it comes round to Easter perhaps you do not want to give them dairy as it is against your Veganism. However you do not want to reveal that there is no easter bunny by not having any chocolate eggs hidden around…?

So what do YOU do?

I would love to hear from you

Many thanks, Elle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-02-2015, 03:56 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm not a parent, but I found this website...

http://www.naturallyorganic.co.nz/pr...asion-grocery/

By the way, people who aren't parents can easily still help you and give you ideas when it comes to food products.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

Last edited by jessandreia; 04-02-2015 at 04:05 PM.
#3 Old 04-02-2015, 04:01 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Get dark chocolate eggs?
Purp, LedBoots and no whey jose like this.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-02-2015, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator

and these-
http://www.godairyfree.org/news/nutr...dated-annually
http://www.inhabitots.com/6-vegan-ea...bunnys-basket/
http://www.veganstore.com/category/vegan-easter

I love Trader Joes dark chocolate chips, they've vegan and very good chocolate

Do you have a farm sanctuary near enough for a visit? That's a great day!
My sons are grown and sadly weren't raised veg'n. They wish that they had been!

Check out Sour Patch jellybeans. I can't find the info on the web for ingredients, but pretty sure they're vegan.

One funny story- when my son was about 4 or 5 I heard him respond to a question of where the Easter bunny came from. He relayed the joke of the Bunny being the one to move the stone from Jesus' tomb!
Purp likes this.
#5 Old 04-02-2015, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator

Oh and look at the "similair threads" on the right side of this page
Purp likes this.
#6 Old 04-02-2015, 04:53 PM
Veggie Regular

In my family, the eggs that were hidden were plastic and filled with goodies of various sorts--small toys, coins, or candy. You could easily put vegan candies in them.

Or, sometimes, the Easter Bunny somehow magically hid the eggs that we had dyed the day before. As a kid, I didn't question this. So, if you all paint wooden or ceramic eggs, it is just as sensible that the Easter Bunny would hide those.
Purp, LedBoots, leedsveg and 2 others like this.
#7 Old 04-03-2015, 08:03 AM
Beginner

I priced buying vegan chocolates and they were out of my price range (I have several LOs).

I bought a candy mold and am melting vegan chocolate chips and pouring into the molds. I am then wrapping them in decorative wrap and plcing in their baskets. That's how I handle the chocolate. There are many vgean options on the non-chocolate candy side, so I bought those. We include a few inexpensive items in the baskets such as sidewalk chalks, bubbles and such.

As far as dying eggs, we are actually painting little, decorative wooden birdhouses this year, and we are attending the UU's annual Easter Egg hunt, where they hide 3,000 plastic eggs and at the end you turn in your eggs (they are recycled and used again next year) and get a little gift bag. However, we could just as easily decided to use plastic eggs and recycle at home to incorporate the egg hunt as well.
karenlovessnow likes this.
#8 Old 04-04-2015, 12:12 PM
Baby Love

My son isn't vegan, but he's allergic to dairy and eggs, so milk chocolate and real eggs aren't part of our celebration. Every year, we have plastic eggs filled with things like safe fruity candy, Enjoy Life chocolate, fruit snacks, stickers, little toys, puzzle pieces, coins, etc. It varies each year. This year the Easter Bunny will also be putting some treasure hunt clues inside the eggs that will lead to a small present.
#9 Old 04-05-2015, 02:36 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scwendy View Post

we are attending the UU's annual Easter Egg hunt, where they hide 3,000 plastic eggs and at the end you turn in your eggs (they are recycled and used again next year) and get a little gift bag.

I love this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page