what vegan shampoos and conditioners do you use? - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 21Likes

#31 Old 01-19-2015, 09:11 PM
Vegan as f**k

Quote:
Originally Posted by MozIsMyShepherd View Post
Do you get it from boots or health shops? I've heard the name but not sure I've seen it around
I get Dr Organic stuff at Holland and Barrett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 01-19-2015, 09:33 PM
Veggie Regular

I use John Masters Organics. Some of their products are vegan. I've been thinking about trying apple cider vinegar and stuff like that but I'm simply too lazy!
#33 Old 01-19-2015, 11:23 PM
Vegan as f**k

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesimmonds90 View Post
I've just bought the pomegranate toothpaste but haven't tried it yet, just waiting for my current toothpaste to run out first lol
You will have super fresh breath
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 01-20-2015, 05:19 AM
Vegan as f**k

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoHeart View Post
Help?
I was just about to post a thread on this.
I am transitioning to veganism and I have a big afro. I also cant use coconut oil on my hair, and most hair care lines carry this.
I think the big thing stopping me from being vegan is hair care as I love my hair and don't want to sacrifice it for anything.
There is a raw vegan cruelty free brand called Morrocco Method but the prices are just...wow, no way.
I'm on a low budget so expensive stuff are out of the question.

Any recommendations please?
Should I just make my own?
If you can make your own stuff I would go for it
Thalassa4 likes this.
#35 Old 01-20-2015, 06:22 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoHeart View Post
Help?
I was just about to post a thread on this.
I am transitioning to veganism and I have a big afro. I also cant use coconut oil on my hair, and most hair care lines carry this.
I think the big thing stopping me from being vegan is hair care as I love my hair and don't want to sacrifice it for anything.
There is a raw vegan cruelty free brand called Morrocco Method but the prices are just...wow, no way.
I'm on a low budget so expensive stuff are out of the question.

Any recommendations please?
Should I just make my own?
I have heard of quite a few natural haired beauties using vo5 (not tested on animals) as a co-wash, and as a leave-in. Then using the matching shampoo as a "clarifying" wash every two weeks or so.

Id also look into using an oil you like, if coconut is out, try olive, or jojoba. I have had success using frizz buster serum (a silicone oil), available at sally's (also not tested on animals) as a post wash leave in.

As far as deep treatments, I'd probably look into homemade hair masks, but I have no recipes, as my hair type doesnt require these treatments. I hope that helps!
#36 Old 01-20-2015, 08:35 AM

I've been using Giovanni Avocado and Olive Oil ultra-moist shampoo and really like it.
River likes this.
#37 Old 01-20-2015, 09:18 AM
Herbivorous Urchin

I use either Giovanni or Nature's Gate, I generally alternate between the two.

All of Dr. Bronner's products smell like butt.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#38 Old 01-20-2015, 11:32 AM
Plant-Powered

I use JASON, if you have ever heard of it. It is vegan & not tested on animals. It works really well for me.
#39 Old 01-20-2015, 07:14 PM
Don't Eat Animals.

I use plant-based shampoo & body wash from Whole Foods.

I get squeaky clean.

All animals should be respected & should have the ability to lead a natural & enjoyable life. This means not eating them, or abusing them in any way.
#40 Old 02-02-2016, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melimomTARDIS View Post
White rain is a bargain brand here in the US who doesnt use animal derived ingredients/test on animals. The shampoo has sulphates, but its fairly diluted, so I find it to give a gentle lather and leaves my hair soft, not dry.

My favorite part of the brand is the scents, which are really fresh and light. The shampoo makes my hair smell like grapefruit juice. The conditioners I have tried from this brand tend to be thick, and work well.

The detangler is marketed to kids, and my kids use it, and the matching shampoo. The shampoo is extra watery-diluted, so it makes a very mild cleanser. My kids like it!

The hair spray comes in a coordinating scent to the shampoo, so sort of grapefruity. they have an unscented one too.

I use Dr. B's tea tree on my face I can only use plain soap on most of me, face included. My skin is too sensitive for most of the stuff on the market. I have tried some "natural" shampoos in the past, and other bargain brands, but I can get really painful/itchy scalp hives from things. I do best with mild, clear shampoos that rinse totally clean.
hi i was wondering how white rain is vegan? i am a newbie vegan and i went into 99c store today to buy a few things and stumbled across white rain, daily defense, salon selectives, and vo5. i bought some shampoos & conditioners from each thinking they were vegan but when i looked into it and using this site: http://www.peta.org/living/beauty/an...redients-list/ White Rain specifically has stearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, panthenol in their ingredients list just to name a few. so i think i will be returning both vo5 and white rain products.

i am confused about the Daily Defense and Salon Selectives shampoos & conditioners tho. they both have the peta cruelty free logo but this doesnt mean it's vegan does it? so bummed bc i thought i had hit a gold mine with these products, lol. but i think ill be returning all of them. i'd feel much better with buying vegan guaranteed products even tho im broke..
#41 Old 02-02-2016, 08:46 PM
Veggie Recycler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MozIsMyShepherd View Post
What's lush shampoo like? I've never tried it... Love lush soaps and bath stuff and charity pot cream is always on my desk
I've used the bar called Seanik and I loved it. Perfect for travel or camping, as well.
#42 Old 02-02-2016, 08:55 PM
Veggie Recycler

Biotene H 24 and some OGX shampoos/conditioners are vegan, I've used that, but with OGX you should be careful because a few things they have are not vegan.

I've used both lines, I'm very impressed with Biotene H 24 conditioner, but it wasn't cheap, it's about ten bucks.

Lush shampoo bars, as I've already mentioned, are good.

Personally though I'm trying to move in the near future towards low poo and DIY options, because good brands can get pricey, and of course you will know homemade treatments are vegan since you use basic plant based ingredients and can opt to stay away from recipes containing honey or eggs.
#43 Old 02-03-2016, 03:49 AM

I use Attitude shampoo
#44 Old 02-03-2016, 04:22 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

I use wen and really like it. I'm older, I'm not sure it would have worked for me when I was younger with oilier hair.
#45 Old 02-16-2016, 01:24 PM

faith in nature and lush!
#46 Old 02-17-2016, 09:33 AM
Beginner

Trader Joe's tea tree tingle line is great and super cheap. Only $3.99 per bottle.
Venusvegan.wordpress.com

Tags
conditioner , hair , hair care , shampoo , Vegan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page