Forum Jump: 
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By Kyachai
  • 1 Post By River
  • 2 Post By Vegan Dave

#1 Old 01-04-2015, 06:50 PM

Question dont want to go back to old ways

Hi everyone
I am very new to this place and to forums in general. So i really hope i am not posting this in the wrong section or something.

I am posting here because i was wondering if someone has some tips or some knowledge to my situation.
I am straight out terrified of falling back on my old ways, meaning eating meat, or food containing something from animals.

I have never been able to stick with things like diets before, and even tough this runs so much deeper then a diet, to actually being a lifestyle. I am still scared of failing.

I just recently became vegan, and it was from a moral standpoint, not anything doing with loosing weight, even tough i do know that will be a side effect of the lifestyle since im too heavy.

But i really believe in the cause, and i love and respect animals a lot. I just cant really trust myself to stay on track.
Did anyone else face this? or got some tips around it?

It takes a little time to move away from old habits, but so far i am not missing meat or anything from animals at all. So i guess im in the right direction. But i don't know anyone vegan so i figured joining a forum might be a good idea to get some input.

The fear of going back to old ways even tough i really believe in this and want to live like this is very strong based on my previous experiences with diets.

I hope i dont sound to confusing and that someone might have some experience with this

Love
Kyachai
brookgirl likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-04-2015, 06:52 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

What makes you think you will back slide?

And, welcome to the community!

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#3 Old 01-04-2015, 06:57 PM

Experiences from my past where i have been unable to stick with anything food vise makes me a little worried.
so i would love to her how other people dealt with their first period of going vegan, maybe someone had similar thoughts. Is there any threads like that already maybe?
i hope im not being stupid for fearing it x3

and thanks for the welcome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-04-2015, 07:05 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Oh no, a lot of people slip up.

I remember the first week or two I went vegan I felt PAINFULLY hungry the entire time, it was a nightmare. Eventually the feeling went away thank goodness.

You might also take it slow. Go vegan one meal at a time. As soon as you find a vegan version of some meal you eat all the time, you can check that one off the list.

If you slip up, don't look at it as a total failure and never try again or get back on track. If you slip, get right back up. It's a learning curve, you'll get it.
Tiger Lilly likes this.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#5 Old 01-04-2015, 07:11 PM
Vegan as f**k

Welcome

Don't worry you won't "fail"!

Just make sure you track down as many vegan equivalents as you can of all the foods you previously enjoyed
#6 Old 01-04-2015, 07:20 PM
Impeach the gangster

Hi Kyachai. Welcome to VeggieBoards. Always feel free to jump right in and talk to folks about anything. You're not alone!

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#7 Old 01-04-2015, 10:39 PM

Hi Kyachai!

I'm new here and returning to the vegan lifestyle.

I was vegan for a little over a year during college. I moved back home and my mom wasn't too understanding and everyone made fun of me. I started eating dairy again and then full blown meat. It was so easy to go back it was mind blowing.

But now I'm back. It's been only a little while but I've had temptations. The best thing I've found is making a snack that I would eat whether I was vegan or not, feels a little more "normal" I guess? Like chips and salsa or I've made pumpkin bites or peanut butter granola bars. I also watched some of the movies suggested.

If you want to never feel tempted to eat meat again watch Earthlings-you can find it on the website www.earthlings.com
It made me sob and I had my face half covered for most of it.

"Though she be but little, she is fierce!" William Shakespeare
#8 Old 01-05-2015, 01:38 PM
Don't Eat Animals.

Kyachai-

WELCOME!!!

I never thought of being vegan as a "diet", but rather a way of life. Not sure if that helps, or not, but "diets" usually fail. Examine WHY you want to be vegan, and go from there. Your convictions will guide you in the right direction. If you slip up, get back with the program & carry on!!!!
Naturebound and CaptainNoFun like this.

All animals should be respected & should have the ability to lead a natural & enjoyable life. This means not eating them, or abusing them in any way.
#9 Old 01-06-2015, 01:42 AM

Thanks everyone
this definitively boosts my confidence some
#10 Old 01-06-2015, 01:00 PM
Vegan as f**k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan Dave View Post
Kyachai-

WELCOME!!!

I never thought of being vegan as a "diet", but rather a way of life. Not sure if that helps, or not, but "diets" usually fail. Examine WHY you want to be vegan, and go from there. Your convictions will guide you in the right direction. If you slip up, get back with the program & carry on!!!!
Yes I agree! Veganism is a way of life

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page