Forum Jump: 
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By Diesel
  • 1 Post By Capstan
  • 2 Post By Go Vegan

#1 Old 01-03-2015, 12:56 AM
Veggie Regular

Red Meat confirmed to cause cancer

I did a search and couldn't find this post... but...

"Scientists at the University of California discovered that the human body views red meat as a foreign invader and launches an immune response"

Scientists think they know why eating red meat causes cancer. I'm pretty sure we all knew it was bad, but never why...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/he...ists-find.html
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/d-.../#.VKecfivF9qA

To me its just more proof that humans aren't suppose to eat meat.
Werewolf Girl likes this.

Last edited by Diesel; 01-03-2015 at 12:58 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-03-2015, 01:11 AM
Impeach the gangster

I was browsing through a world atlas some years ago, and it was pretty obvious that nations with large productions of cattle are the ones where the most major illnesses are heart disease and cancer, while those with low cattle production suffer more with intestinal disorders, due mainly to poor sanitation and uncleanliness. You don't have to be a scientist to figure out our bodies can't safely digest meat.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#3 Old 01-03-2015, 11:49 PM
Vegan as f**k

I think the positive correlation between red meat consumption and colorectal cancer has been known for a long time...This is an interesting post - thanks
River and Kiwibird08 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-04-2015, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator

Interesting and not at all surprising to me, thanks for sharing!

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#5 Old 01-04-2015, 06:15 PM
Beginner

http://www.iflscience.com/health-and...isk-identified

I've seen this before, at the above link. I hate that they tested this on mice and gave them cancer but I guess the end justifies the means...

Check out my blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#6 Old 01-05-2015, 02:49 PM
Don't Eat Animals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
I did a search and couldn't find this post... but...

"Scientists at the University of California discovered that the human body views red meat as a foreign invader and launches an immune response"

Scientists think they know why eating red meat causes cancer. I'm pretty sure we all knew it was bad, but never why...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/he...ists-find.html
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/d-.../#.VKecfivF9qA

To me its just more proof that humans aren't suppose to eat meat.
I am not a doctor & I have had no medical training.

I have done extensive research on the effects of meat on the human body, and can say that almost ALL the evidence points to the conclusions above. Animal meat does not have any beneficial effects for humans. The consumption is a direct byproduct of the mass marketing of these products to the general population from the big meat producers. Profits matter, not health.

Check out this book, for starters.....

Name:  51GXJnMuHoL._AA160_.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  7.8 KB

All animals should be respected & should have the ability to lead a natural & enjoyable life. This means not eating them, or abusing them in any way.

Last edited by Vegan Dave; 01-05-2015 at 02:51 PM.
#7 Old 01-05-2015, 04:12 PM
Vegan as f**k

Animal products/ fats/ cholesterol will contribute to coronary artery disease, stroke, colorectal cancer, stomach cancer etc etc...

...As much as I promote going vegan for ethical reasons, if the health thing gets you on board then that's a great start...
#8 Old 01-05-2015, 05:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Vegan View Post
Animal products/ fats/ cholesterol will contribute to coronary artery disease, stroke, colorectal cancer, stomach cancer etc etc...

...As much as I promote going vegan for ethical reasons, if the health thing gets you on board then that's a great start...
Actually... When I decided to become vegetarian (then vegan), I actually thought my health might suffer a little bit. But it didn't stop me.

The health benefits are just icing on the top at this point.
#9 Old 01-08-2015, 02:05 PM
Vegan as f**k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
The health benefits are just icing on the top at this point.
Exactly!
#10 Old 01-08-2015, 02:08 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightergait View Post
http://www.iflscience.com/health-and...isk-identified

I've seen this before, at the above link. I hate that they tested this on mice and gave them cancer but I guess the end justifies the means...
Why would it, in this situation?

It has already been know for a long, long time that red meat causes all kind of harms in the body, including cancer. This is a redundant study re-proving older work.

The fact that they tested this on mice shows that yet again, human lives are meant to trump animal lives even when the results merely confirm previous results. It is insane, cruel, and vile.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#11 Old 01-08-2015, 02:46 PM
Vegan as f**k

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post
Why would it, in this situation?

It has already been know for a long, long time that red meat causes all kind of harms in the body, including cancer. This is a redundant study re-proving older work.

The fact that they tested this on mice shows that yet again, human lives are meant to trump animal lives even when the results merely confirm previous results. It is insane, cruel, and vile.
I agree!

Pointless further suffering caused

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page