VeggieBoards banner

Unusually sensitive to fat?

1K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  lightergait 
#1 ·
I used to eat a lot of fat before going vegan, but since then I adopted 80/10/10 and do great with it. But now everytime I have a fatty treat I feel so sick! I don't do this often and it's more because my boyfriend is over and he eats a bit differently. It seems like everytime I have something high in fat I feel sick - here are some of the items I've eaten that have done that; crisps (even vegetable crisps), Smiley faces (frozen potato bites from a supermarket) and nuts like cashews! Has anyone experienced this from going low fat or can anyone help?!

#4 ·
I'm not sure of the science behind it, but I have experienced reactions to junk food too after cutting it out of my diet. I'm betting that when stuff your body shouldn't have in it, but at one point had become acclimated to having in it is removed then you eat it again, your body would react.

#11 ·
I looked a little into the 80/10/10 you're on (not hugely in depth though), and I think it promotes quite a bit of grains (right?). Depending on type, grains do have fat in them. Amaranth in particular is quite fatty. So are seeds, like flax, chai, sunflower, sesame ext... You may not even need additional fats depending on what your eating 'normally'. Have you used a calculator to see how much fat is in what you eat in a day?

#19 ·
I think you're referring to Dr. Douglas Graham, right, not Dr. McDougall?

From what I've seen on YouTube, Dr. McDougall is critical of 80/10/10.
Shoot, yes sorry! I get their names mixed up since I hear about them so much. Actually, I'll look into Dr. McDougall's critique of it :) Do you know what he suggests in the ratios?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.