Should Vegans HATE Non-Vegans? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By BiteSizeVegan
  • 1 Post By VeganEnthusiast

#1 Old 12-03-2014, 09:31 AM
Veggie Regular

Should Vegans HATE Non-Vegans?

are vegans elitist exclusionists who hate everyone who isn’t vegan? does not being vegan make you an awful person worthy of a swift kick in the groin? i share my personal position on this matter whether i hate non-vegans. i’d love to hear what you think about this matter!
Marjoram likes this.

--------
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-03-2014, 10:51 AM

In short, no.

What good does hate do? It doesn't persuade anyone to become vegan. Living by example and offering explanations for our choices when asked, does that.

I've only been vegan a month. I used to eat meat. I'm not going to hate myself for being uninformed/doing the best I could at the time with the limited knowledge I had. Likewise I'm not about to start hating others for their choices.

Hate is completely pointless. It's only used by those who enjoy conflict and drama, vegan or otherwise.
#3 Old 12-03-2014, 12:40 PM
Don't Eat Animals.

Emily -Another fabulous video!!!

The writing, producing & production of these nuggets is nothing less than awesome. You really break down the message & deliver it perfectly. I'm not sure how much time you devote to this, but it reeeeeally pays off. My hat's off to you.

EDIT: One more Patreon member!!!

All animals should be respected & should have the ability to lead a natural & enjoyable life. This means not eating them, or abusing them in any way.

Last edited by Vegan Dave; 12-03-2014 at 10:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-06-2014, 07:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Emily, love this video, very well made bravo! You explain well our usual frustrations and all!

"To the world you may be just one person, but to one life you may be the world."

#5 Old 12-07-2014, 11:19 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marjoram View Post
Emily, love this video, very well made bravo! You explain well our usual frustrations and all!
thank you so much Marjoram! so glad you identified and connected with the video

--------

YouTube:

Facebook:

#6 Old 12-07-2014, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiestez View Post
Hate is completely pointless.
It is actually damaging to yourself.... like drinking poison and waiting for someone else to die.

Peace.....Love......Zumba

#7 Old 12-07-2014, 03:39 PM
Impeach the gangster

Does hate exist, or is it only an absence of love?

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#8 Old 12-07-2014, 03:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post
I would think the absence of love would be apathy, not hate.
#9 Old 12-07-2014, 04:03 PM
Impeach the gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Lilly View Post
I would think the absence of love would be apathy, not hate.
I don't know. Dark is the lack of light. Cold is absence of warmth. Maybe hate is total apathy.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
#10 Old 12-07-2014, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Well, they say the opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference.

#11 Old 12-07-2014, 05:18 PM

Love>Hate in any situation..
#12 Old 12-07-2014, 05:20 PM
Impeach the gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five Iggies View Post
Well, they say the opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference.
Is there a difference between indifference and hate?

#13 Old 12-07-2014, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Is there a difference between indifference and hate?
I would say yes...... I think hate requires you to care and is a form of passion albeit a negative one, whereas indifference is the absence of caring.

#14 Old 12-07-2014, 05:31 PM

No, no one should hate anyone. Through my experience being vegan, I've found that I am less aggressive and irritated than someone who eats meat. Something I've noticed while eating meat is that I get attacked by people verbally.... It was almost like I was holding up a big target sign telling people to pick on me.

Eating vegan however, it's like I was holding a big sign saying love me and contribute to a higher quality of life for me. It's strange how this works...... Drinking alcohol does similar effects.... The holding the target saying give me trouble and more trouble comes into your life.
Vegan Dave likes this.

Always Talk Greens! You will be amazed how much green you can talk.
#15 Old 12-15-2014, 01:14 AM

Yes my friend is not very keen on non veg... he doesnt like stuff made from chicken or meat.. so that vegan hates non vegan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page