Forum Jump: 
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By vatanasova
  • 1 Post By Bruce V
  • 1 Post By jimw
  • 1 Post By Vegan Dave

#1 Old 11-08-2014, 12:10 PM

something i want to share with people

hello, dear veggie friends i just wanted to say a few things, since i don't have many vegan friends in real life. I've been a vegetarian for 3 years now and vegan for a few months (im 18 years old). Anyway... i'm watching ''Earthlings'' right now, and even tho i've seen many videos about slaughter houses and i know whats going on in there, i just wanted to say, with tears in my eyes: im completely disgusted by human beings. Normally im the most positive and nice person you could meet, but right now im just beyond my limits.... just thinking about how wrong everything is is making me sick.. police men harassing teenagers that have one joint in their pokets, or someone who's stole one bread from the store, because he doesn't have any money (yes, these things happen in my country), WHILE this HORROR is happening and somehow no one blinks an eye.... this is so disgusting i cant even begin to explain. Im sharing this here, because i know you'll understand.Thats all i wanted to say. And also to thank every person who's feeling beyond himself and has chosen to be a better person, for himself, for the Earth and for our fellow animals. Thank you!
Raised By Wolves likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-08-2014, 01:17 PM
V for Vegan

I haven't been able to watch that movie yet. I feel like I should make myself watch it but I know how hard it will be. Part of me thinks I don't need to do that to myself since I'm already vegan. Anyway, I know it can be overwhelming sometimes. It helps to connect with other people who understand it the way you do. That's probably why a lot of us are here. Many of us don't know any other vegans or even vegetarians off of the internet. So welcome to the boards

--
#3 Old 11-08-2014, 02:07 PM

thank you, and yes it is overwhelming, i'm still watching it, cause i pause a lot and take breaks, its too much to watch at one time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-08-2014, 03:17 PM
V for Vegan

If I ever watch it I think I may have to stretch it over days, or weeks. What little footage of that sort of stuff that I have seen has scarred me for life.

--
#5 Old 11-08-2014, 04:46 PM

I tried a couple of times to watch that show but couldn't do it. It is horrible. I decided recently that I would never watch it. What's the point? We've seen enough of that stuff throughout our lives, that's why we became vegans. Some of those images will stay with you for years.
LedBoots likes this.
#6 Old 11-08-2014, 05:23 PM
Don't Eat Animals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatanasova View Post
hello, dear veggie friends i just wanted to say a few things, since i don't have many vegan friends in real life. I've been a vegetarian for 3 years now and vegan for a few months (im 18 years old). Anyway... i'm watching ''Earthlings'' right now, and even tho i've seen many videos about slaughter houses and i know whats going on in there, i just wanted to say, with tears in my eyes: im completely disgusted by human beings. Normally im the most positive and nice person you could meet, but right now im just beyond my limits.... just thinking about how wrong everything is is making me sick.. police men harassing teenagers that have one joint in their pokets, or someone who's stole one bread from the store, because he doesn't have any money (yes, these things happen in my country), WHILE this HORROR is happening and somehow no one blinks an eye.... this is so disgusting i cant even begin to explain. Im sharing this here, because i know you'll understand.Thats all i wanted to say. And also to thank every person who's feeling beyond himself and has chosen to be a better person, for himself, for the Earth and for our fellow animals. Thank you!
WELCOME to VB!!

My daughter is vegan and her husband is "mostly vegetarian".

Today, she showed him the VEGUCATED video.

Today he decided to be a vegan.

It's pretty surprising what happens when you learn the truth.
Raised By Wolves likes this.

All animals should be respected & should have the ability to lead a natural & enjoyable life. This means not eating them, or abusing them in any way.

Last edited by Vegan Dave; 11-08-2014 at 05:27 PM.
#7 Old 11-08-2014, 05:46 PM
V for Vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan Dave View Post
WELCOME to VB!!

My daughter is vegan and her husband is "mostly vegetarian".

Today, she showed him the VEGUCATED video.

Today he decided to be a vegan.

It's pretty surprising what happens when you learn the truth.
Woo hoo . That's cause for celebration!

--

Tags
animals , Vegan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page