• 1 Post By spacegirl
  • 1 Post By Werewolf Girl
  • 2 Post By Vegan Dave
  • 1 Post By lightergait
  • 1 Post By Vegan Dave
  • 1 Post By lightergait

#1 Old 09-13-2014, 01:42 AM

Go vegans!

Had to share this. I have just finished watching it. Notice how the pro meaters have a tonne of paper in front of them and post-it notes! After all they have a personal interest in people eating meat! It is long but interesting debate if you haven't seen it.
Werewolf Girl likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-13-2014, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for sharing this! I bookmarked it to watch later tonight.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#3 Old 09-13-2014, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
Thanks for sharing this! I bookmarked it to watch later tonight.
Ditto

Spare a heart, eat a plant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-14-2014, 12:31 AM
Veggie Regular

Thanks for sharing.

Love watching debates like this.
#5 Old 09-14-2014, 12:39 PM

The debate wasn't bad. I feel the veggies had stronger arguments in general.

Have a look at this debate. There are some really, really good points in this one. If nothing else just watch Philip Wollen's opening statement at 28:55. Its really moving!

Spare a heart, eat a plant.
#6 Old 09-14-2014, 02:27 PM
Don't Eat Animals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacegirl View Post
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OCcJq56ZMJg

Had to share this. I have just finished watching it. Notice how the pro meaters have a tonne of paper in front of them and post-it notes! After all they have a personal interest in people eating meat! It is long but interesting debate if you haven't seen it.
The omni guy says veg*ns can eat shellfish, since they don't have faces......and that liver is good to eat.

I guess he hasn't been paying attention to the cholesterol levels in these foods, not to mention the health ailments associated with eating them. Also, the liver is the organ that filters toxins out of a cow's system......you know, the chemicals, antibiotics, pesticides, hormones, etc. that they consume. And I would want to eat that....why?

You have to be mentally impaired, like you ran into a brick wall head first, to even begin to think an omni diet is healthier than a veg or vegan one. I couldn't finish watching it, since the BS was clogging up my speaker.
NightOwl and Vanilla Gorilla like this.

All animals should be respected & should have the ability to lead a natural & enjoyable life. This means not eating them, or abusing them in any way.
#7 Old 09-14-2014, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Gorilla View Post

Have a look at this debate. There are some really, really good points in this one. If nothing else just watch Philip Wollen's opening statement at 28:55. Its really moving!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=586jSyXfOVM
Watched that bit just now. That was really moving. There really is no compelling argument for eating meat. I'm going to watch the rest of it tomorrow thanks for sharing vanilla gorilla
#8 Old 09-15-2014, 02:09 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Gorilla View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=586jSyXfOVM
I felt really disappointed in the opposition when the vegan speaker compared the screams of his father dying to the murder of animals and you could see them smirking and shaking their heads in the background. Those few seconds were all that debate needed to prove how apathetic some meat eaters can really be
Vegan Dave likes this.
#9 Old 09-16-2014, 03:14 PM
Don't Eat Animals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightergait View Post
I felt really disappointed in the opposition when the vegan speaker compared the screams of his father dying to the murder of animals and you could see them smirking and shaking their heads in the background. Those few seconds were all that debate needed to prove how apathetic some meat eaters can really be
ANY proclamation of the vegetarian or vegan lifestyle is better than silence.

Before I read this post, I was thinking about why omnis eat meat. I kinda narrowed it down to a total lack of compassion. This is exactly what is lacking in the omni world. I used to be there, but after being "educated", how could you accept what occurs?

Just in the US alone, BILLIONS of animals are enslaved, force fed, and slaughtered for the sensory pleasures of breakfast, lunch & dinner. Once the "light bulb" comes on, it's utterly insane to think of killing a living, breathing creature.....just for a taste bud delight.

I will never eat meat again, no matter what the circumstances. The general public has no regard whatsoever for the other sentient beings we call animals, which is very disheartening, to say the least. If people REALLY KNEW where their burger, BBQ ribs, chicken wings came from, maybe things would be different. Then again, maybe not. Animals are treated as mere objects, not living, breathing beings.

When a group of 4 or 5 guys head out into a field.....to go "hunt" some tomatoes, or corn....instead of a deer, or pheasant.....then we're making progress. Until then......
ellephants3 likes this.

All animals should be respected & should have the ability to lead a natural & enjoyable life. This means not eating them, or abusing them in any way.
#10 Old 09-17-2014, 02:46 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan Dave View Post
ANY proclamation of the vegetarian or vegan lifestyle is better than silence.

Before I read this post, I was thinking about why omnis eat meat. I kinda narrowed it down to a total lack of compassion. This is exactly what is lacking in the omni world. I used to be there, but after being "educated", how could you accept what occurs?

Just in the US alone, BILLIONS of animals are enslaved, force fed, and slaughtered for the sensory pleasures of breakfast, lunch & dinner. Once the "light bulb" comes on, it's utterly insane to think of killing a living, breathing creature.....just for a taste bud delight.

I will never eat meat again, no matter what the circumstances. The general public has no regard whatsoever for the other sentient beings we call animals, which is very disheartening, to say the least. If people REALLY KNEW where their burger, BBQ ribs, chicken wings came from, maybe things would be different. Then again, maybe not. Animals are treated as mere objects, not living, breathing beings.

When a group of 4 or 5 guys head out into a field.....to go "hunt" some tomatoes, or corn....instead of a deer, or pheasant.....then we're making progress. Until then......
I feel exactly the same haha! I wish people were more open minded to the vegan lifestyle. I'm called "extreme" for eating lots of fruit and veggies but they're the ones stealing calf milk haha! However, I don't want to feel negatively towards meat and dairy eaters because we were both once the same and it wasn't because we were horrible people but simply because we'd been grown up to live in a way that our society never encouraged us to question. Meat and dairy eating is a conformity issue, in my opinion! I do sometimes wonder how many people would turn vegan if they were forced to be a worker in a meat factory?
Vegan Dave likes this.
#11 Old 09-17-2014, 04:59 PM
Don't Eat Animals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightergait View Post
I feel exactly the same haha! I wish people were more open minded to the vegan lifestyle. I'm called "extreme" for eating lots of fruit and veggies but they're the ones stealing calf milk haha! However, I don't want to feel negatively towards meat and dairy eaters because we were both once the same and it wasn't because we were horrible people but simply because we'd been grown up to live in a way that our society never encouraged us to question. Meat and dairy eating is a conformity issue, in my opinion! I do sometimes wonder how many people would turn vegan if they were forced to be a worker in a meat factory?
Exactly......Paul McCartney says that if slaughterhouses had glass walls, there would be a lot more veg*ns. See the PETA website for the actual video.....GLASS WALLS. http://www.peta.org/videos/glass-walls/

I posted in another thread that the main problem with meat eaters is a lack of compassion. The average person has no idea where their food comes from. Show a bunch of people some slaughterhouse video & the sales of broccoli & carrots would go through the roof. It's a total disconnect with the source of the food. A hamburger comes from a slaughtered cow. Chicken wings come from a chicken that has had their wings torn off. BBQ ribs used to be part of an innocent pig's rib cage. OTOH.....an apple comes from a tree. Carrots are grown in the ground, and then harvested. Tofu does not scream, or feel pain.

Do whatever you can....day by day. Every little bit helps. I recently saw a report that said that there were over 600 million vegetarians Worldwide. That's more than the populations of the US and Europe combined. It's not a majority, but it's a start!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page