Non-Dairy Milk FTW! Starbucks Testing Coconut Milk in Select Stores - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-11-2014, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

Non-Dairy Milk FTW! Starbucks Testing Coconut Milk in Select Stores

Quote:
My goodness, if you were excited to hear that Dunkin Donuts will not offer almond milk, get ready to be even more thrilled! Starbuck has announced that they will start testing coconut milk in select markets. Starbucks has offered soy milk for a while now, but for people who are soy-free and dairy-free, coconut milk serves as a wonderful alternative to drinking coffee black (yuck!).
Read the rest here: http://www.onegreenplanet.org/news/s...select-stores/

I hope they get those flavoured coconut milk creamers, and almond milk! I'm okay with soy but it would be great to have more variety.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-12-2014, 03:58 PM

I am not too excited because Starbucks has been gouging for what they offer already. In my town it is 65 cents for a couple of tsps of soy milk to be added to plain coffee. I refuse to ever order another coffee until they become reasonable. Many other cafes even in my town absorb the cost. I would even accept 25 cents more, but what they are asking is ridiculous

I am sure there will be a huge surcharge for the coconut milk too. Write to them if this pisses you off too and tell them how you feel. i did.
#3 Old 09-12-2014, 06:42 PM
Beginner

I'd die of happiness if Starbucks had almond milk. Srsly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-13-2014, 03:41 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kallyho View Post
I am not too excited because Starbucks has been gouging for what they offer already. In my town it is 65 cents for a couple of tsps of soy milk to be added to plain coffee. I refuse to ever order another coffee until they become reasonable. Many other cafes even in my town absorb the cost. I would even accept 25 cents more, but what they are asking is ridiculous

I am sure there will be a huge surcharge for the coconut milk too. Write to them if this pisses you off too and tell them how you feel. i did.
I agree 65 cents is ridiculous but I still appreciate having non-dairy options at all. I actually have written to them about it before, I was very annoyed when their rewards card no longer let you skip the charge for soy.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#5 Old 09-13-2014, 08:03 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
I agree 65 cents is ridiculous but I still appreciate having non-dairy options at all. I actually have written to them about it before, I was very annoyed when their rewards card no longer let you skip the charge for soy.
Agree. Not ideal, but at least it's an option I have plus it raises visibility (I'm studying branding, logos, and the effects of repeatedly seeing things right now in school ).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page