Whats the BEST Vegan Diet, My Vegan Journey, Thoughts on Raw Till 4 & More! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By BiteSizeVegan

#1 Old 08-15-2014, 10:47 AM
Veggie Regular

Whats the BEST Vegan Diet, My Vegan Journey, Thoughts on Raw Till 4 & More!

this is the first vegan q&a video where i answer some of your question, like when, how, and why did i go vegan? just how old am i? what are my thought on Raw Till 4, and more! if i don’t get to your question in this one, don’t worry there will be more q&as! and if you have more questions, leave them in the comments below! For more of my thoughts, see: http://wp.me/p3VBHs-bb

Questions addressed in this session include:
When did I go vegan? Why did I go vegan?
How old am I?
Who is my favorite vegan?
What kind of vegan am I?
What is the best vegan diet out there?
What do I think of Raw till 4?
How to respond to “but animals were put here for us to eat!”
What did I do with any animal products I had after I went vegan?
AND MORE!

Videos & Things I talked about:
Nugget #3: Is It Moral to Eat Meat?: http://youtu.be/owRAZZq7NvM?list=PLm...RzdXx8z6Ex5gyS
Gary’s Talk: http://youtu.be/qQUJRz8Eb2o?list=PLm...RzdXx8z6Ex5gyS
My Tattoo Tour: http://youtu.be/L0_zva4Kb7w?list=PLm...RzdXx8z6Ex5gyS
B12: http://youtu.be/I_D4GMUtrRE?list=PLm...RzdXx8z6Ex5gyS
Go Vegan for Health: http://youtu.be/QHtA06yrci4?list=PLm...RzdXx8z6Ex5gyS
Gary Yourofsky’s Site: http://www.adaptt.org
SASHA Farm Sanctuary (go DONATE!): http://www.sashafarm.org
Christine’s Handmade Vegan Jewelry Site: http://www.designspecimen.com
Naturebound and Vegan Dave like this.

--------
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-15-2014, 05:49 PM
Don't Eat Animals.

OK....I gotta ask.....

What's the Raw until 4 diet mean?

While we're at it, what's the difference between raw & vegan.....no cooked foods?

Sorry to be so dense.....

Good Nugget, BTW!

All animals should be respected & should have the ability to lead a natural & enjoyable life. This means not eating them, or abusing them in any way.
#3 Old 08-15-2014, 07:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan Dave View Post
OK....I gotta ask.....

What's the Raw until 4 diet mean?

While we're at it, what's the difference between raw & vegan.....no cooked foods?

Sorry to be so dense.....

Good Nugget, BTW!
no worries, Vegan Dave! these are niches within veganism and in the "raw vegan" world, people can get weird and dogmatic about cooked foods. it's a whole thing.

so the "raw till 4" is when you eat raw vegan for breakfast and lunch but cooked food for dinner (thus the "till 4"). this was started by Freelee the banana girl, a big mover and shaker in the raw vegan YouTube world.

and raw vegan is just not eating cooked foods, though there are various types of raw vegan. gourmet raw vegans dehydrate stuff and make elaborate meals and nut pastes and all kind of creations. then there is high carb or low fat raw vegan which usually consists of eating fruits for the bulk of calories with greens as well. that's what i do.

oh the many world of veganism…my whole point being it doesn't even matter as long as it's vegan!

--------

YouTube:

Facebook:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-15-2014, 08:02 PM
Don't Eat Animals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiteSizeVegan View Post
no worries, Vegan Dave! these are niches within veganism and in the "raw vegan" world, people can get weird and dogmatic about cooked foods. it's a whole thing.

so the "raw till 4" is when you eat raw vegan for breakfast and lunch but cooked food for dinner (thus the "till 4"). this was started by Freelee the banana girl, a big mover and shaker in the raw vegan YouTube world.

and raw vegan is just not eating cooked foods, though there are various types of raw vegan. gourmet raw vegans dehydrate stuff and make elaborate meals and nut pastes and all kind of creations. then there is high carb or low fat raw vegan which usually consists of eating fruits for the bulk of calories with greens as well. that's what i do.

oh the many world of veganism…my whole point being it doesn't even matter as long as it's vegan!
THANKS BSV!!!

I looked at some links & just got back from Barnes & Noble with an introductory book on Raw Eating.

I can see where this is gonna be pretty cool!!!

All animals should be respected & should have the ability to lead a natural & enjoyable life. This means not eating them, or abusing them in any way.
#5 Old 08-15-2014, 08:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
THANKS BSV!!!

I looked at some links & just got back from Barnes & Noble with an introductory book on Raw Eating.

I can see where this is gonna be pretty cool!!!
awesome! well feel free to ask any questions you want! i do real low-maintenance raw…no crazy recipes or dehydrating or anything. the one thing to watch with "gourmet" raw is it tends to be very high in fat: lots of nuts, seeds, oils, butters, etc. and with things being dehydrated and using salt, that's something to watch too. but that' all health-related. if you're not worried about that, just ignore me ;P

--------

YouTube:

Facebook:

#6 Old 08-15-2014, 10:38 PM

Thumbs up for the high carb, high raw vegan lifestyle!

I like your video presentation. Keep it up.
#7 Old 08-16-2014, 06:52 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Gorilla View Post
Thumbs up for the high carb, high raw vegan lifestyle!

I like your video presentation. Keep it up.
thanks Vanilla Gorilla! i like your name and i do love HCRV!

--------

YouTube:

Facebook:

#8 Old 08-16-2014, 09:18 AM

Turned 30 in April club! :highfive: You're definitely ambiguously aged, but I assumed older based solely on the TMBG fandom you touched on in the tattoo vid. They're one of those niche bands that are intimidatingly cool. I always assume their fans must all be Gen-Xers but that's stupid since I listen to a lot of music from the same era.
#9 Old 08-16-2014, 02:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by frrt View Post
Turned 30 in April club! :highfive: You're definitely ambiguously aged, but I assumed older based solely on the TMBG fandom you touched on in the tattoo vid. They're one of those niche bands that are intimidatingly cool. I always assume their fans must all be Gen-Xers but that's stupid since I listen to a lot of music from the same era.
you an April baby from '85 too? what day? that'd be crazy if it was the same. and i do get the ambiguous thing…people usually guess either way older or way younger...

--------

YouTube:

Facebook:

#10 Old 08-16-2014, 10:40 PM

Well if you were born in '85 you get to be 30 all over again next year :P
#11 Old 08-17-2014, 08:48 AM
Don't Eat Animals.

Quote:
awesome! well feel free to ask any questions you want! i do real low-maintenance raw…no crazy recipes or dehydrating or anything. the one thing to watch with "gourmet" raw is it tends to be very high in fat: lots of nuts, seeds, oils, butters, etc. and with things being dehydrated and using salt, that's something to watch too. but that' all health-related. if you're not worried about that, just ignore me ;P
Thanks for the info.

I'm all for learning as much as possible. I'm hopefully going to transition to mostly raw by the end of the month. I travel a lot & bought some books on raw. Not sure about dehydrating, etc. but will definitely eliminate al processed foods. (Why didn't I think of this sooner?!!!)

One book has a great quote: "Eat foods with only one ingredient", like a peach, a carrot, etc.

#12 Old 08-17-2014, 11:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by frrt View Post
Well if you were born in '85 you get to be 30 all over again next year :P
Damn my faulty and careless typing!
#13 Old 08-17-2014, 11:36 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
One book has a great quote: "Eat foods with only one ingredient", like a peach, a carrot, etc.
That is a great rule of thumb! And sounds like you are on your way! Let me know how it goes!
#14 Old 08-17-2014, 02:19 PM
Don't Eat Animals.

Quote:
That is a great rule of thumb! And sounds like you are on your way! Let me know how it goes!
OK.

Next step.....lettuce booty!!!!

#15 Old 08-17-2014, 02:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
OK.

Next step.....lettuce booty!!!!
ha! i love my lettuce booty

--------

YouTube:

Facebook:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page