Vitamin B12 sublingual or vitamin b12 multivitamin - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By ilikekale

#1 Old 05-26-2014, 12:26 PM

Vitamin B12 sublingual or vitamin b12 multivitamin

Im looking into getting a supplement for b12 and also iodine in my vegan diet. Im not sure how to incorporate these 2 items together in one form or if it has be in 2 different forms. I really would like to just take a vegan multivitamin for both but from what i understand vitamin b12 is best to take as a sublingual.
I eat a whole foods based vegan diet. Very minimal processed, I cook everything homemade with fresh veggies and fruit. Almost a raw till 4 type of vegan.
Any thoughts or ideas on how I should go about this b12 and iodine?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-26-2014, 05:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjelistik View Post
Im looking into getting a supplement for b12 and also iodine in my vegan diet. Im not sure how to incorporate these 2 items together in one form or if it has be in 2 different forms. I really would like to just take a vegan multivitamin for both but from what i understand vitamin b12 is best to take as a sublingual.
I eat a whole foods based vegan diet. Very minimal processed, I cook everything homemade with fresh veggies and fruit. Almost a raw till 4 type of vegan.
Any thoughts or ideas on how I should go about this b12 and iodine?
Garden of life makes raw food created vitamins and I've just started taking their b complex and I feel amazing! They turn your pee yellow but that means your liver is using and excreting the vitamins
#3 Old 05-26-2014, 06:26 PM
Bracing for snow

I like GOL products generally but for B12 I was using sublingual tabs. Just recently changed to a spray

http://www.vitacost.com/pure-advantage-b-12-spray

Very simple.

Ken
LedBoots likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-26-2014, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikekale View Post
I like GOL products generally but for B12 I was using sublingual tabs. Just recently changed to a spray

http://www.vitacost.com/pure-advantage-b-12-spray

Very simple.

Ken
Thats the one I just got! I ran out of Deva and found this spray had NO additives!

About the iodine- this is a good article about it. It seems you'd either get too little, or too much!
http://www.healthaliciousness.com/ar...-in-iodine.php
A little sea vegetable can go a long way in getting enough! Even though I don't like seaweeds, I do love the wasabi flavored seaweed snacks!
This should give you an idea of how little you'd need:
http://www.swansonvitamins.com/maine...02460000022436
1/4 teaspoon of kelp granules gives you over 2200% the RDA of iodine!
#5 Old 05-26-2014, 07:23 PM
Bracing for snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
Thats the one I just got! I ran out of Deva and found this spray had NO additives!
Yeah! it seems like a pretty good product. Tough to get much easier, that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
Even though I don't like seaweeds, I
Whereas I like them all. I probably eat way too much of the darned stuff but I just find it delicious.

Those SeaSnax are good though!

Ken

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page