Best vegan tee shirt? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-21-2014, 03:24 PM
Bracing for snow

Okay, I know it's just a silly thing but I'm looking for an interesting vegan tee shirt. What do you have, or know about? Pics? Links?

I've seen a few really cute ones for girls but fewer for guys. I did find a protein shirt with a gorilla and a herbivore shirt with a rhino but that's about it, so far.

So, bring it. What 'cha got?

Ken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-21-2014, 07:02 PM

http://www.compassionatecook.com/merchandise

Under category, choose Men's Words To Live By ( pig) that's my favorite design.
#3 Old 04-22-2014, 03:27 AM
Bracing for snow

Nice! Thanks!

I like that they offer organic cotton too.

Ken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-22-2014, 01:18 PM

#5 Old 04-22-2014, 07:17 PM
Bracing for snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsaj View Post

I Am a Vegan Badass

Plant Power

Nice! I'm not sure I'm worthy to wear either of those. As an old, soft, retired guy, there's definitely nothing badass about me. wink3.gif No ultra-marathoning either. But they are cool shirts. Appreciate the links.

Ken
#6 Old 04-22-2014, 07:51 PM
Don't Eat Animals.

Ken -

Here's a bunch of shirts:  http://www.zazzle.com/vegan+mens+tshirts

And some more:  http://www.cafepress.com/+vegan+t-shirts

:sunny: 

All animals should be respected & should have the ability to lead a natural & enjoyable life. This means not eating them, or abusing them in any way.
#7 Old 04-24-2014, 07:11 PM
Bracing for snow

I love the gorilla / protein shirt! That may be my favorite yet.

And the remix Ksle shirt here

http://www.herbivoreclothing.com/short-sleeve-tees/

Looks VERY comfortable.

I like comfortable! wink3.gif

Ken
#8 Old 04-25-2014, 07:41 AM

This is my favourite that I own, also all profits go to animals. The quote on the front is 'Vegan, because I listen to my heart, not my stomach'.

http://unitefortheanimals.org/product/i-listen-to-my-heart-mens-tee/

#9 Old 04-25-2014, 01:07 PM
Banned

Just out of curiosity, are most vegetarians and vegans interested to wearing shirts that express their lifestyle? Do people can whether the material is recycled etc?

Many of the shirts I've seen are priced rather high, one could easily supply these in a retail range of $12~$15 and have thought about it but not sure about the demand and characteristics of the demand.
#10 Old 04-25-2014, 10:06 PM
Veggie Regular

I do not wear message shirts or put bumper stickers on my car because I think they contribute in unhelpful ways to a sound byte culture. I do, however, care very much where my clothing comes from and how it is made. Nothing I wear ideally will have resulted in anyone's exploitation or death. I'm realistic about the present system to realize that is not the case for every garment in my closet. Until I have the money to support the responsible companies, I remove myself a step by buying second hand and doing free swaps with friends.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#11 Old 04-26-2014, 04:02 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylark View Post

I do not wear message shirts or put bumper stickers on my car because I think they contribute in unhelpful ways to a sound byte culture. I do, however, care very much where my clothing comes from and how it is made. Nothing I wear ideally will have resulted in anyone's exploitation or death. I'm realistic about the present system to realize that is not the case for every garment in my closet. Until I have the money to support the responsible companies, I remove myself a step by buying second hand and doing free swaps with friends.

I do the same in regards to buying clothes and other items second hand where I can or else spending a little extra for clothes (or shoes) that are made ethically and fair trade.  It isn't always possible given my budget and resources but I try where I can.  I realize the very culture I live in makes it nearly impossible to not indirectly participate in exploitation of some kind.  

I also will not put vegan bumper stickers on my car due to fear of vandalism and harassment (while driving) because of anti vegan sentiment (which is ridiculous but you would be amazed at how heated and angry people get over it up here).  But I do wear vegan T shirts with a message and I do feel that it makes a difference.  I have had great conversations with others about what being vegan means by wearing my shirts to the gym, library, schools etc.  One guy at the fitness center is slowly moving more toward plant based eating from our conversations started because of my t shirt (the one in my user pic which by the way uses organic and fair trade cotton:http://www.nonviolenceunited.org/veganshirt.html ).   I don't generally get harassed in this regard because most of the people that would take the time to harass me while driving or vandalize my car are too cowardly to confront me face to face and actually talk about it in a civilized manner.  I have been challenged by those with a genuine interest but different viewpoint face to face but so far not in a harassing manner but more civilized and usually because I am doing something like leafleting in addition to wearing the t shirt.  There are still so many people that have no idea what vegan means beyond not eating meat and dairy.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#12 Old 04-27-2014, 11:05 AM
#13 Old 04-27-2014, 01:18 PM
Bracing for snow

#14 Old 04-27-2014, 06:10 PM

d
Quote:
Originally Posted by logic View Post

Just out of curiosity, are most vegetarians and vegans interested to wearing shirts that express their lifestyle? Do people can whether the material is recycled etc?

Many of the shirts I've seen are priced rather high, one could easily supply these in a retail range of $12~$15 and have thought about it but not sure about the demand and characteristics of the demand.

So interested! I also notice they're pricey but am willing to pay for the message. However, compassionate cook is the only site I've found that I like the designs of.. A bit more sophisticated (the cow and pig designs) plus they're quality shirts versus a standard I'll-fitting cotton T shirt.
#15 Old 04-27-2014, 06:41 PM
Bracing for snow

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page