VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   Vegan Support Forum (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/60-vegan-support-forum/)
-   -   What can I eat?!! Vegan, Soy free, gluten free, low amylose diet (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/60-vegan-support-forum/145735-what-can-i-eat-vegan-soy-free-gluten-free-low-amylose-diet.html)

newveg21 04-17-2014 03:48 PM

I am looking for quick ideas for breakfasts on the go...

Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks

PandemicAcolyte 04-17-2014 04:25 PM

I would say blend up a big smoothie.

Werewolf Girl 04-17-2014 04:38 PM

I have some vegan/soy free/gluten free ideas for you but what does low amylose mean? huh.gif

newveg21 04-17-2014 04:48 PM

I think low amylose is a form of sugar/starch 

Here are some things I found online to help explain....My naturopath told me to eat this way for fertility reasons and for my eczema.

1. Avoid all simple sugars such as candy, sodas, cakes, pies, ice cream, etc. These are almost pure forms of glucose.
  2. Avoid vegetables that are grown underground, corn, bananas, and foods enriched with maltodextrins or corn syrup.
  3. Avoid wheat, rice, rye, barley, and oats.
  4. Eat a minimum of 3 servings each of above-ground vegetables and fruits daily.

Werewolf Girl 04-17-2014 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newveg21 View Post

I think low amylose is a form of sugar/starch 

Here are some things I found online to help explain....My naturopath told me to eat this way for fertility reasons and for my eczema.

1. Avoid all simple sugars such as candy, sodas, cakes, pies, ice cream, etc. These are almost pure forms of glucose.

2. Avoid vegetables that are grown underground, corn, bananas, and foods enriched with maltodextrins or corn syrup.

3. Avoid wheat, rice, rye, barley, and oats.

4. Eat a minimum of 3 servings each of above-ground vegetables and fruits daily.

Okay, that is very helpful, thanks. smiley.gif

"Gluten free vegan" is becoming a more popular way of eating and there are a lot of sites popping up with recipes, many of them are soy-free and low amylose as well.

Fork and Beans is a favourite site of mine, while not all of the recipes would work for you (avoid the desserts) there are some great meal ideas: http://www.forkandbeans.com/

Also a lot of raw vegan foods would also be okay for your diet. You might find something in the Veggieboards recipe section as well: https://www.veggieboards.com/f/36/recipes

And when in doubt you can always just eat fruit for breakfast, it's the ultimate fast food! Just peel/wash and eat. smiley.gif

newveg21 04-17-2014 05:57 PM

ooohh just checked out forkandbeans.com and found a recipe for cool ranch dip that looks yummy.

This is one thing I have been trying to successfully replace for dipping my veggies....You know, sometimes hummus just doesn't cut it! :) 

Werewolf Girl 04-17-2014 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newveg21 View Post

ooohh just checked out forkandbeans.com and found a recipe for cool ranch dip that looks yummy.
This is one thing I have been trying to successfully replace for dipping my veggies....You know, sometimes hummus just doesn't cut it! smiley.gif  

I know what you mean! Sometimes only ranch will do. tongue3.gif

infinitefriend9 04-18-2014 11:24 PM

Spelt spaghetti, peanut butter and veggies. 

Oats with non-diary milk, raisins and fruits. You can also add cocoa powder for antioxidants and a more chocolate-y taste.

Orchid 04-19-2014 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitefriend9 View Post

Spelt spaghetti, peanut butter and veggies. 

Oats with non-diary milk, raisins and fruits. You can also add cocoa powder for antioxidants and a more chocolate-y taste.
Spelt is not free of gluten.

Naturebound 04-19-2014 06:53 AM

There is a soy free gluten free blog that you might find helpful, at least a few recipes anyway:

http://glutenfreesoyfreevegan.wordpress.com/

It seems like almond flour is becoming a popular baking and cooking ingredient for those trying to avoid gluten and high carb flours.  You could google recipes using this ingredient.  

Some lower sugar fruits like cantaloupe and honey dew melon, mixed with nuts and seeds or nut butter might be a nice filling breakfast.  

I like to make chickpea (besan) flour omeletes with nutritional yeast and veggies/leafy greens folded into it.  Very filling and easy to make.  They are like pancakes and it takes me all of ten minutes in the morning to whip the ingredients together and cook it.  there is no baking powder or other flours and stuff to add.  I just take a half cup of chickpea flour, sprinkle in some cumin and black pepper seasoning, add a half cup of water and stir to get a pancake consistency.  Add the batter to a nonstick skillet (warm the skillet while mixing your batter).  While that is going, I chop up some kale or collards or spinach, maybe a stalk of celery or onion, and as soon as the batter starts to set, add in my veggies and a sprinkle of nutritional yeast and fold it over.  Flip to other side after a minute and viola you have breakfast!  I add a dollup of salsa on top.  If you can eat vegan dressings or make a nutritional yeast sauce that goes well folded into or on top of your omelete too.  

A plate of beans with salsa or a sauce and fruit on the side is an option.  I sometimes do a "scrambled" chickpea in a skillet with chopped veggies and seasonings.  Of course I add toast on the side, but if you could find an almond flour/meal muffin recipe and make those ahead and freeze them for later use, then you could have something like that ready to go with it and use canned chickpeas to save time.  

As far as spaghetti, can you have quinoa based spaghetti noodles?  I tried them once and they aren't bad.