Samuel L. Jackson Went Vegan So He Could ‘Live Forever’ - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-25-2014, 08:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Samuel L. Jackson has been making the rounds, promoting his latest movie “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” and everyone can’t help but notice his new slim physique.

When asked by a reporter what his secret is, the 65-year-old actor replied, “It’s a new vegan diet.”

“Is it for a particular role?” the reporter inquired.

“No. Just trying to live forever. Trying to finish out my Marvel deal.”

Jackson is referring to his unprecedented nine-picture deal with the studio, first appearing in 2008 as Nick Fury in “Iron Man”.

Jackson also seems to be referring to the incredible health benefits one can enjoy when adopting a plant-based diet loaded with whole foods. Whether he’s protecting his heart, his blood pressure or just fending off cancer, research backs the actor up that a vegan diet can indeed lead to a nice long life. Which is great for us, because we want him to be Nick Fury forever.

Read the rest here: http://www.ecorazzi.com/2014/03/25/samuel-l-jackson-went-vegan-so-he-could-live-forever/

Welcome to the club, Mr. Jackson. I hope he sticks with it!
Move of Ten likes this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-25-2014, 08:36 PM
Plant/Fungi based.

Awesome!

#3 Old 04-08-2014, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

UPDATE: Looks like Samuel L. Jackson is still enjoying the vegan life!

Samuel L. Jackson Lost 40 Lbs After Going Vegan
Quote:
Samuel L. Jackson hasn’t been following a plant based diet for long but he’s singing the praises of his new lifestyle.

“I’ve been on a vegan diet since August and I’ve lost about 40 pounds,” said the 65-year-old actor in a recent interview.

Jackson has been on a media tour to promote his new movie “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” where many have noticed his slender physique. The weight loss, however, was just a bonus for the actor, who switched to a plant based diet for its health benefits.

“Just trying to live forever,” explained Jackson with his signature casual mien about his decision to go vegan. “Trying to finish out my Marvel deal.” Jackson has a nine movie deal with Marvel to play Colonel Nick Fury in the superhero franchise and “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” marks his sixth reprisal of the role.

The actor is the latest to find out how beneficial a vegan diet can be in losing weight and living a healthy life. Former ‘American Idol’ winner Ruben Studdard lost 100 pounds after going vegan, Robin Quivers credited the plant based meals to her overcoming cancer and former President of the United States Bill Clinton not only lost 30 pounds but noticed a significant improvement in his heart health issues.

Good for him, I hope he sticks with it. thumbsup.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-10-2014, 04:28 PM
Don't Eat Animals.

The stand up comic Steven Wright said he was going to live forever.

When asked by a reporter how it was going, he replied:  "It's worked great, so far"

All animals should be respected & should have the ability to lead a natural & enjoyable life. This means not eating them, or abusing them in any way.
#5 Old 04-11-2014, 07:55 PM
Joe
Veggie Regular

I can't help thinking about Samuel Jackson's (Jules) dialog with John Travolta (Vincent) in Pulp Fiction about not eating pork.
Quote:
Vincent: Want some bacon?

Jules: No man, I don't eat pork.

Vincent: Are you Jewish?

Jules: Nah, I ain't Jewish, I just don't dig on swine, that's all.

Vincent: Why not?

Jules: Pigs are filthy animals. I don't eat filthy animals.

Vincent: Bacon tastes gooood. Pork chops taste gooood.

Jules: Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy mother****er. Pigs sleep and root in ****. That's a filthy animal. I ain't eat nothin' that ain't got sense enough to disregard its own feces.

Vincent: How about a dog? Dogs eats its own feces.

Jules: I don't eat dog either.

Vincent: Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal?

Jules: I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.
#6 Old 04-11-2014, 09:24 PM
Veggie Regular

erhh... isn't "living forever" overselling it a little bit?

#7 Old 04-11-2014, 10:13 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

I love SLJ, and I'm glad he's eating vegan, but...leather jacket in the "going vegan" photo, sigh. Plus his face looks a bit gaunt.
#8 Old 04-12-2014, 06:12 AM
Veggie Regular

If he went vegan to "live forever" I think he's doing it for his own health and not for animal welfare so he probably doesn't see an issue with the leather jacket.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page