26 Vegan Versions Of Your Favorite Comfort Foods - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-11-2014, 01:25 PM
Veggie Regular

LINK: http://www.buzzfeed.com/deenashanker/26-vegan-versions-of-your-favorite-comfort-foods

I really really love all the vegan food articles on Buzzfeed lately and this one is my favourite of them all... drool.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-11-2014, 10:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Fried pickles!  That's inventive.

But a lot of these just kind of remind me that there isn't really a very good vegan cheese yet.

We need to figure out how to bring the stretchy!

#3 Old 02-12-2014, 03:23 PM

This all looks very good. I think I might make the Nirvana Enchilada Casserole tomorrow. Thanks!

Werewolf Girl likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-12-2014, 03:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyKy View Post

This all looks very good. I think I might make the Nirvana Enchilada Casserole tomorrow. Thanks!

Mmm, I've been wanting to try that recipe too. Let us know how it turns out! smiley.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#5 Old 02-12-2014, 10:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

LINK: http://www.buzzfeed.com/deenashanker/26-vegan-versions-of-your-favorite-comfort-foods

I really really love all the vegan food articles on Buzzfeed lately and this one is my favourite of them all... drool.gif

All of it looks good. Where do you find this stuff, anyway??

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#6 Old 02-12-2014, 10:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post

You make it.

Go to the grocery store, then roll up your sleeves :)

The secret ingredient to all of them is elbow grease.

#7 Old 02-12-2014, 10:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiculationco View Post

You make it.

Go to the grocery store, then roll up your sleeves :)

The secret ingredient to all of them is elbow grease.

I know. What I meant was, where does she find these sites?? Also, and I realize this is more for the Stupid Things Omnivores Say then here, but why do people who have no interest in veg*anism read these things, then comment on them?:wall:

baldgamerdude likes this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#8 Old 02-12-2014, 10:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I know. What I meant was, where does she find these sites?? Also, and I realize this is more for the Stupid Things Omnivores Say then here, but why do people who have no interest in veg*anism read these things, then comment on them?:wall:

Because it's on Buzzfeed.  Links to new or trending articles pop up after you've read one.  Lots of people visit Buzzfeed to read all sorts of diverse articles.  When they see something about vegan comfort foods they go "WTF?" and they click it out of curiosity, or because they're feeling the need to troll.

baldgamerdude likes this.
#9 Old 02-13-2014, 06:07 AM

Quote:

I know. What I meant was, where does she find these sites?? Also, and I realize this is more for the Stupid Things Omnivores Say then here, but why do people who have no interest in veg*anism read these things, then comment on them?wall.gif

People are silly, they fear what they don't understand. I have a feeling if people really looked into their food they would be shocked to the core.
Then again ignorance is bliss or so they say.
#10 Old 02-13-2014, 10:19 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldgamerdude View Post

People are silly, they fear what they don't understand. I have a feeling if people really looked into their food they would be shocked to the core.
Then again ignorance is bliss or so they say.

They'd probably rationalize it away. Eating something everything represents quite a commitment to have. It's a lot of cignitive dissonance that meat eaters have to deal with.

#11 Old 02-13-2014, 05:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Mostly Facebook, sometimes reddit. Just like a whole bunch of veggie FB pages and you too can have all the glorious links in your newsfeed. tongue3.gif
Purp likes this.

#12 Old 02-15-2014, 03:07 AM

Favourite comfort food at my house is lentil pie, so easy to make and so delicious. Make wholemeal shortcrust pastry, make lentil base with winter veg, season with yeast extract and whatever flavours you like, roll out the pastry, pop it on top of the lentils and veg, bake, eat, yum.

#13 Old 02-15-2014, 05:14 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinachIsYum View Post

Favourite comfort food at my house is lentil pie, so easy to make and so delicious. Make wholemeal shortcrust pastry, make lentil base with winter veg, season with yeast extract and whatever flavours you like, roll out the pastry, pop it on top of the lentils and veg, bake, eat, yum.

That sounds fantastic! smiley.gif
#14 Old 02-16-2014, 05:34 PM

Thank you! This all looks quite delicious and I've bookmarked several recipes. grin.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page