help - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-04-2013, 10:10 PM

so hi everyone it's been three or maybe 4 days this has happened to me and i really need you help on how to get it away from my life

so the other day it came in my head it was like "hey you will never get to be able to wear the cool leather goods and the silk clothes blah blah blah" and then i said just because it looks good doesn't mean it's fair

guys my head is shattered i need your help

what can i do to make this go away

and btw why are people always cretsizing cotton and polyester and faux fur and faux leather whats so bad about them and even if they are not that good that doesn't make them fair i would like if someone "human" was asked to be skinned just because his/her skin would make a wonderful bag

bt women and men who are wearing leather fur wool…. are setting a horrible example for the new generation 

last winter my mind wasn't like now

please help me 

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-04-2013, 10:44 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Just because something is fashionable or popular doesn't make it right. Peer pressure is a dangerous thing. People pressuring your decisions are often trying to be powerful over you in some way, because influence over someone is a powerful thing. Leather/fur/skin/silk goods are no more warm or comfy than man made materials. The only difference is societal/peer pressure to consume an animal. Make your ow decisions. Cows and sheep are living beings which don't deserve to be shoes or bags.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#3 Old 12-04-2013, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post

Just because something is fashionable or popular doesn't make it right. Peer pressure is a dangerous thing. People pressuring your decisions are often trying to be powerful over you in some way, because influence over someone is a powerful thing. Leather/fur/skin/silk goods are no more warm or comfy than man made materials. The only difference is societal/peer pressure to consume an animal. Make your ow decisions. Cows and sheep are living beings which don't deserve to be shoes or bags.

i am vegan and i always hope that i'll always be because i know it's not fair to be unvegan

you know river my 1 year vegan anniversary is coming it's in the new year i have been vegan since 2013  and it's wonderful and i also remembered one quote that i read before it said "nothing tastes better than compassion" i think it's by a women named elaine she is one of the members of veggieboards

i love you guys i love veggie boards it's my new family people helping me and telling about things i never heard about

one of my biggest wishes is that i'll always be a vegan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-04-2013, 11:52 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Well congratulations on your near 1 year veggiversary! hug.gif

I'm sure you will always be vegan, you care so much.
sam alshebany likes this.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#5 Old 12-04-2013, 11:58 PM

You know Sam, I am not yet Vegan and admire your determination to be Vegan even though you have these mixed feelings. Be proud of how you are living your life. One of my biggest wishes is that I will be able to transition to living the rest of my life Vegan like you.

#6 Old 12-05-2013, 03:38 AM
Vegan Police Officer

Sam, I believe you are a good person. And an admirable one.

Those cool leather clothes and not cool. Nor are the silk ones. They just look cool. But as you know, when we look under them, under their cool veneer, there is blood and tears and heartless exploitation.

Be a vegan all your life. Not THAT is a cool goal !!!!!!

As to the faux fur and faux leather, I reckon we're in a grey zone here, and you just have to make up your own  mind about this. Opinion which may change over time and even go back and forth. Sometimes things are not just black and white. I don't like the idea of  faux fur and faux leather (or faux "meat" for that matter) but I would not waste my energy getting all het up about it.

#7 Old 12-05-2013, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mags102 View Post

You know Sam, I am not yet Vegan and admire your determination to be Vegan even though you have these mixed feelings. Be proud of how you are living your life. One of my biggest wishes is that I will be able to transition to living the rest of my life Vegan like you.

i wish i can see you so that we can do it together i learned a lot of stuff from vegans through this year

like in the summer i made these vegan lasagna with tofu ricotta It's haven

where do you Live?

And thank you and i wish you all the best and i am so proud that you wanna go vegan :) trust me it's not hard at all i got use to it

#8 Old 12-05-2013, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post

Well congratulations on your near 1 year veggiversary! hug.gif

I'm sure you will always be vegan, you care so much.

Thank you river :)

#9 Old 12-05-2013, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana View Post

Sam, I believe you are a good person. And an admirable one.

Those cool leather clothes and not cool. Nor are the silk ones. They just look cool. But as you know, when we look under them, under their cool veneer, there is blood and tears and heartless exploitation.

Be a vegan all your life. Not THAT is a cool goal !!!!!!

i love that it helped me it makes so much sense

besides now a days they are making wonderful vegan choices like look at h&m they amazing stuff that feels just like silver or leather and they are actually not i believe whats important is the design not the material :)

Thank you :)

#10 Old 12-05-2013, 12:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam alshebany View Post

so hi everyone it's been three or maybe 4 days this has happened to me and i really need you help on how to get it away from my life

so the other day it came in my head it was like "hey you will never get to be able to wear the cool leather goods and the silk clothes blah blah blah" and then i said just because it looks good doesn't mean it's fair

guys my head is shattered i need your help

what can i do to make this go away

and btw why are people always cretsizing cotton and polyester and faux fur and faux leather whats so bad about them and even if they are not that good that doesn't make them fair i would like if someone "human" was asked to be skinned just because his/her skin would make a wonderful bag

bt women and men who are wearing leather fur wool…. are setting a horrible example for the new generation 

last winter my mind wasn't like now

please help me 

Thank you

Especially when it comes to leather, it is often hard to tell the difference. I almost gave three of my favorite leather shoes/boots I bought when I was an omnivore to charity recently. I hadn't worn them in over a year and realized I never would. Then I luckily saw that one of them was labeled vegan. Looking at all the others I realized they were all made of all manmade materials. I had one of the boots for over 5 years and never knew it wasn't leather. There is no need for animal leather when manmade leather looks just the same. As for silk, I don't see much silk worn ever. But clothes are really just silly things to keep you warm anyway. Worrying too much about fashion seems a little counter-intuitive to me. It feels nice to look your best, but if you worry that people might like you less if you wear clothes that aren't the most stylish possible, forget it because those people probably make poor friends anyway. If anything wearing average clothing would be a better choice because if filters out shallow people who would only find you interesting if you wear patent leather and designer silks.

#11 Old 12-09-2013, 04:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natty6 View Post

Especially when it comes to leather, it is often hard to tell the difference. I almost gave three of my favorite leather shoes/boots I bought when I was an omnivore to charity recently. I hadn't worn them in over a year and realized I never would. Then I luckily saw that one of them was labeled vegan. Looking at all the others I realized they were all made of all manmade materials. I had one of the boots for over 5 years and never knew it wasn't leather. There is no need for animal leather when manmade leather looks just the same. As for silk, I don't see much silk worn ever. But clothes are really just silly things to keep you warm anyway. Worrying too much about fashion seems a little counter-intuitive to me. It feels nice to look your best, but if you worry that people might like you less if you wear clothes that aren't the most stylish possible, forget it because those people probably make poor friends anyway. If anything wearing average clothing would be a better choice because if filters out shallow people who would only find you interesting if you wear patent leather and designer silks.

There is Lotus silk. Made from the stringy insides of the lotus flower stalk. It is more expensive but also of high quality. I have never seen it in the US but it is prized in Asia. I'm sure for anyone that wants real, high quality silk it can be imported.
sam alshebany and natty6 like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page