So excited! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-26-2013, 04:55 AM

My boyfriend and I are attending our first veggie related event today - the Boston Vegetarian Festival! I can't wait to spend the day with other vegans and vegetarians enjoying food and lectures, etc. Have any of you been to similar events? I'll post a few pictures when we get home tonight! :-)
Werewolf Girl likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-26-2013, 05:38 AM
Banned

Hope you have a fab time!  I went to London VegFest earlier this month.  Thread here:

https://www.veggieboards.com/t/142291/vegfest-london-5-6th-october-2013

#3 Old 10-26-2013, 07:33 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingGrl72 View Post

My boyfriend and I are attending our first veggie related event today - the Boston Vegetarian Festival! I can't wait to spend the day with other vegans and vegetarians enjoying food and lectures, etc. Have any of you been to similar events? I'll post a few pictures when we get home tonight! :-)
I went to vegfest here in Tampa recently! Lots of people, good food, free samples. Found out about a couple veg restsurants I didn't know about, and signed up for a great vegan produce home delivery program. smiley.gif
Werewolf Girl likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-26-2013, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

That's awesome! I went to the Vancouver Veg Fest this year and it was a ton of fun, one of my friends played live music and there were so many great booths with food and other goodies to buy. I hope you have a lot of fun! grin.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#5 Old 10-26-2013, 05:45 PM

I bet the London, Tampa and Vancouver veg fests were just as awesome as Boston's was today! We had a great time, although it was so crowded we were a bit overwhelmed! All the vendors we talked to were great and we were able to sample and enjoy so many wonderful foods...we're already looking forward to next year! :-)
#6 Old 10-26-2013, 06:00 PM

Didn't take many pictures as it turns out, but here are a couple. My favorite vendor was the guy at the Herbivore Clothing booth... here he is with the "Bacon Had A Mom" shirt - then the elephant and bunny tees I bought from him.

Then a few pics from the Vegan Treats bakery! We came home with four different goodies!

#7 Old 10-26-2013, 06:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh Yum! Just four different goodies? Ha! Ha! I'm glad you had a great time! O.O I love the Bacon had a mom tee ... <3
#8 Old 10-26-2013, 06:44 PM

It was so hard to narrow it down to four, Lavender! For those four items that total was $24 - ouch! Ha ha! But judging by the few bites we've tried so far it was money well spent! :-) We got one pumpkin cheesecake on a stick, one Boston cream donut, one sticky bun, and a chocolate peanut butter mousse cake!!
#9 Old 10-26-2013, 07:58 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Glad you had fun and that it was so well attended! In tampa there was a breast cancer fundraising run in the morning, so lots of those participants made it over to veg fest.

There was a great guy from a farm animal rescue with a pig with him, and so many nice people in all the booths!
#10 Old 10-27-2013, 02:00 PM

Oh LedBoots your festival sounds like it was fun! I'd have loved to have said hello to that guys pig! :-) There were several farm sanctuaries represented at ours, but no animal residents in attendance!
#11 Old 10-27-2013, 03:07 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingGrl72 View Post

Oh LedBoots your festival sounds like it was fun! I'd have loved to have said hello to that guys pig! :-) There were several farm sanctuaries represented at ours, but no animal residents in attendance!
Here is the pig and one other (cellphone) shot of part of the fest.
uve5u8aj.jpg9e6yveta.jpg
#12 Old 10-27-2013, 06:58 PM

Oh it was an outdoor festival. Ours was indoors... That is one cute pot bellied pig!! Thanks for sharing your pictures!
#13 Old 11-09-2013, 10:08 PM

Hey! My best friend and I drove 4 hours from TN to attend the Vegfest in Atlanta today. It was amazing. There were so many great speakers and of course the food was drool worthy. I loved petting the sweet bunnies there as well. I am still a 'baby' to being vegetarian, so this Fest helped me. My friend has been vegan for nine months now and will never go back.
Naturebound likes this.

“For as long as man continues to be the ruthless destroyer of lower living beings, he will never know health or peace. For as long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, he who sows the seeds of murder and pain cannot reap joy and love.” 
― Pythagoras

#14 Old 11-12-2013, 12:30 PM

Hi Miss Katlyn! So glad to hear you and your friend had fun at your festival! They are worth driving for hours to get to. Was yours outside? I want to find an outdoor one where there are animals like pigs an bunnies to visit...doubt anyone was allowed animals inside the facility in Boston.
#15 Old 11-17-2013, 12:33 PM

LovingGrl72,

The fest we attended was in a large banquet hall. They had more attendees than they expected so it was very packed! We had to get to the Speaker rooms about 20 minutes before the presentatiions to get a good seat. I did learn a lot!
LovingGrl72 likes this.

“For as long as man continues to be the ruthless destroyer of lower living beings, he will never know health or peace. For as long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, he who sows the seeds of murder and pain cannot reap joy and love.” 
― Pythagoras

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page