Vegan foods make animal products look gross - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-13-2013, 08:28 PM
Veggie Regular

So I realized this week that beyond all the blood and guts and corpse part of animal products, they are in essence just so much more gross than vegan food. I was cooking with my boyfriend and he asked what I had used the cutting board for to see if he needed to wash it. I reminded him that nothing I ever cook for myself will dirty up the cutting board like that. I forget that cooking with raw meat or eggs dirties everything up in a diarrhea-and-vomiting-for-days sort of way. Later that week we went to a restaurant. I had more food than I wanted so I asked the waiter for a box. My friend reminded me that we wouldn't be home for hours and that it would go bad. Since it was all veggies, however, I knew it would be okay sitting in the car until we got home.  

These two events just got me to thinking about how dirty animal products really are. With the questionable exception of dairy, they cannot be eaten without first being prepared in some way and unless they are specially processed, they turn sickening or even deadly very quickly at room temperature. With rare exceptions where a contaminant such as animal feces, plant food is quite safe. I can chop up my raw tomatoes and I don't need to wash my hands before touching anything. I can leave my hummus out all night and still eat it in the morning. It just seems so obvious now that plants are the only reasonable thing for me to eat. It's hard to understand why everyone else doesn't see this, even though I only recently did.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-13-2013, 09:48 PM
Veggie Regular

I recall one time my brother was wanting to bake, I think, some pork chops and was asking my mother how long he needed to bake them for. In one of my snarkier moments I replied, "Until they can't make you sick anymore." Still makes me smile thinking of it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page