I just killed two chipmunks - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-30-2013, 11:19 AM

I had an big empty plant pot in my yard that was turned upside down, and there is a small hole on top for water drainage... I have just discovered that two chipmunks got inside the pot and couldn't get out. And they are dead, they died because of me. I hate myself so much right now... and I have two bodies in my yard and I can't even touch them. What do I do??? I thought I heard scratching last night outside, but figured it's just some animals roaming around... if I only have lifted the pot last night.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-30-2013, 12:32 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

You didn't kill any chipmunks. The chipmunks got in a situation that killed them. Stop blaming yourself. What happened was a misfortunate accident.

Why can't you touch them? Use gloves? Bury them or let scavengers get a meal.

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
#3 Old 09-30-2013, 12:49 PM

One of them is alive! Barely... he looked dead but now is breathing, but barely. I put him in a box in garage with food and water, maybe there is still a chance. The other one was very dead and I buried him.

I know it's technically not my fault, but I feel very very bad.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-30-2013, 03:31 PM
Veggie Regular

awwww that is very sad .... but it is not your fault sad.gif keep us posted if the other chipmunk survives .... My thoughts are for the lil chipmunk to pull through ....
#5 Old 09-30-2013, 03:32 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by makinmagic View Post

One of them is alive! Barely... he looked dead but now is breathing, but barely. I put him in a box in garage with food and water, maybe there is still a chance. The other one was very dead and I buried him.
I know it's technically not my fault, but I feel very very bad.

hug.gif Im so sorry. Maybe he'll pull through. If you have the money you can always take him to the vet.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#6 Old 10-05-2013, 07:53 PM

I'm so sorry. That is horribly upsetting, I can't even imagine! But it was an accident and at least you are doing your best to care for them respectfully. Can you take the recuperating chipmunk to a vet or animal rescue?

#7 Old 10-06-2013, 01:33 AM
Veggie Regular

That is so sad, my simpathies to you. Like foreveraspirit said, you did not kill them!!! Stop thinking that way! I hope the one survives, but you didn't do this, it was a misfortune of circumstance.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page