I need milk chocolate STAT - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-17-2013, 12:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Does anyone know how to get some vegan milk chocolate? I don't want to pay any more for it than I would for say kit kat or hershey's bars. Is there any hope for me? I don't have whole foods or anything like that but I do have a free trial of amazon prime. I've been making my own recipe of dark chocolate with coconut oil, cacao powder, and maple syrup but I can only add a small amount of almond milk before it gets really weird. Milk chocolate is the only food I still crave from my milk and eggs days, and I find myself longingly staring at people whenever I see they have some. Dark chocolate just doesn't have that creamy-melty-amazing quality. I have Harris Teeter (now owned by Kroger), Food Lion, and Trader Joe's. I also have a Wal-Mart which I boycott but might sell my soul to them for some cheap vegan milk chocolate. :(

(p.s. what is up with mac-and-cheese advertising like crazy on a vegan forum?)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-17-2013, 01:46 PM

The ads are for VB as a whole, if I understand correctly, not specific to the sub-forums.

In answer to your question - I've found Organica's milk choocolate couverture bar is very creamy, certainly melts well in my mouth!

HOWEVER I'm guessing from your post you're in the US. I've found a link to it on a site I think is American, if you google it you should be able to find other sites to choose from too to order it but it looks like it'll be very expensive for you because they import it. 

So I can point you in the direction of vegan milk chocolate, but due to your location it won't be cheap. I'm sorry.

Here's a link to one place selling it anyway in case you wanted to try it for emergencies:

http://www.ethicalsuperstore.com/products/geo-organics/premium-swiss-chocolate-couverture-bar/

#3 Old 09-17-2013, 02:01 PM
Banned

I've tried a few vegan 'milk' chocolates and found them extremely disappointing.  They remind me of the dreadful Kinnerton 'chocs' that you get in advent calendars - no actual taste of chocolate *boak*  

To be honest, I no longer have a craving for chocolate since eating vegan so I don't really miss it which is odd considering I used to practically inhale Swiss choc!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-17-2013, 04:30 PM
Poo Pie Head

I just drink chocolate soy milk to cover any cravings. Also works well when heated to make hot chocolate. I know it isn't the same as a solid bar of Swiss choc, but it does the trick for me.
#5 Old 09-18-2013, 10:59 PM
Veggie Regular

If you read the ingredients in milk chocolate it is not made with milk; Instead they use whey to keep the bar solid and give it the mouth-feel that comes from the fat. (I think some higher quality bars may also use a small amount of cream.) Since you already make your own chocolate bars maybe try ommiting the almond milk and adding soy milk powder and a bit of soy or almond cream instead.
#6 Old 09-19-2013, 03:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Try Organic Nectars brand, but it certainly won't be cheap like crap.

#7 Old 09-19-2013, 03:40 PM

My chocolate cravings are solved by mug brownies, but I do *love* Go Max Go bars, but they're not cheap. I doubt you would find vegan milk chocolate as cheap as regular chocolate; there are a lot of forces making vegan foods more expensive than nonvegan ones.

I also think some Whole Foods and Trader Joes "dark" chocolate, which is relatively cheap, tastes like milk chocolate, but you said you don't have any stores like that. Another thing you could try is to use semisweet chocolate chips... you can melt them and everything. They're not milk chocolate but they're a lot closer than dark chocolate.

#8 Old 09-19-2013, 09:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Enjoy Life products are proof that God loves me and wants me to be happy.:cool::lovesign:

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#9 Old 09-19-2013, 10:17 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post

Enjoy Life products are proof that God loves me and wants me to be happy.cool3.gifiloveyou.gif
laugh.gifyes.gif
Purp likes this.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#10 Old 09-20-2013, 02:12 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicandcocoa View Post

My chocolate cravings are solved by mug brownies, but I do *love* Go Max Go bars, but they're not cheap. I doubt you would find vegan milk chocolate as cheap as regular chocolate; there are a lot of forces making vegan foods more expensive than nonvegan ones.

I also think some Whole Foods and Trader Joes "dark" chocolate, which is relatively cheap, tastes like milk chocolate, but you said you don't have any stores like that. Another thing you could try is to use semisweet chocolate chips... you can melt them and everything. They're not milk chocolate but they're a lot closer than dark chocolate.

I do something similar when I have a chocolate craving.  I make chocolate pancakes.  I also have a simple recipe from Vegweb for peanut butter chocolate fudge and it is sooo good!  Something about adding peanut butter to chocolate takes away that dark chocolate taste.  But I love dark chocolate anyway.  I haven't really had any cravings for milk chocolate in over two years but I was never a huge chocolate lover.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#11 Old 09-21-2013, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natty6 View Post

Does anyone know how to get some vegan milk chocolate? I don't want to pay any more for it than I would for say kit kat or hershey's bars. Is there any hope for me? I don't have whole foods or anything like that but I do have a free trial of amazon prime. I've been making my own recipe of dark chocolate with coconut oil, cacao powder, and maple syrup but I can only add a small amount of almond milk before it gets really weird. Milk chocolate is the only food I still crave from my milk and eggs days, and I find myself longingly staring at people whenever I see they have some. Dark chocolate just doesn't have that creamy-melty-amazing quality. I have Harris Teeter (now owned by Kroger), Food Lion, and Trader Joe's. I also have a Wal-Mart which I boycott but might sell my soul to them for some cheap vegan milk chocolate. sad.gif

(p.s. what is up with mac-and-cheese advertising like crazy on a vegan forum?)
Maybe this will satisfy your craving : http://vegnews.com/articles/page.do?pageId=5466&catId=9
There's also good back of vegan choc chips for $2 creamy tasting at trader joes so you won't have to go through all the trouble
#12 Old 09-21-2013, 09:47 PM

Trader joes also has vegan chocolate almond milk in the dry section~good luck, littlemissvegan
#13 Old 09-21-2013, 10:04 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

I've had RiceDream milk chocolate bar. I found it at a small in and out market once.....can't say you'll find it everywhere. It was on sale and I liked it:)

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
#14 Old 12-04-2013, 01:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Hey I am a former milk chocolate junkie and want to let you all know that I finally found a cheap easily available food that fits the craving, at least for me.

Double chocolate fudge oreo fudge creams are vegan and as good as any bar of milk chocolate or twix candy bar. I am so happy to finally have found something and want to share with anyone who adores the milk chocolate taste/texture as much as I do. Very worth trying, but be prepared to eat the whole box in two sittings. Definitely an occasional treat.
River likes this.
#15 Old 12-04-2013, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator

I'm still mad at myself for losing the website to a woman who made vegan milk chocolate at a festival! I've had Rice Dream milk chocolate and don't remember it tasting as smooth as melty as hers. That was a few years back and haven't seen her since.

I like chocolate almond milk- hot or cold. Aldis has it every now and then so I don't get carried away! Really good to make a cornstarch pudding!

Go Max Go are terrific! Problem is they're only at Whole Foods and I never get them because I'm always so frugal there.

I'm going to make some dark chocolate walnut clusters soon. The fat in the nuts really cuts the healthy taste of the dark chocolate. 

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#16 Old 12-04-2013, 04:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post

I'm still mad at myself for losing the website to a woman who made vegan milk chocolate at a festival! 

If you email the festival organisers they should have her details on record.

#17 Old 12-04-2013, 04:13 PM
Banned

I used to be a milk chocolate fiend - I could eat a family sized bar of Cadbury's in a single sitting and still look for more.  A box of Thorntons wouldn't last more than a day in my house back then.

Since switching to a vegan diet I don't get sugar cravings any more so chocolate isn't an issue; I don't eat it and I don't miss it,  I might be swayed if I could find a vegan 'milk' chocolate that tasted half decent but the ones I've tried all have a nasty, artificial taste to them.  Vegan milk choc reminds me of that cheap crud they put in 99p Advent calendars (Kinnerton?).

ETA

I've just seen my earlier post and appear to have repeated myself re: the Kinnerton chocolate - I have no memory of posting here before!!!!

*slightly worried about my senility*

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page