My Vegan Grocery Haul - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-25-2013, 09:32 AM

Hi guys smiley.gif

I noticed sharing 'grocery haul's is a thing these days and I thought it would be fun if we had a thread where we could share our vegan food shops with each other (does anyone agree?!) It doesn't have to be loads, just some things you've picked up.

I thought maybe a photo with our locations and the shop/store might be nice so I shall start us off:

UK, Tesco:

I wouldn't normally buy an Innocent veg pot now they've gone from £3 to £4, but it was reduced to 89p so I didn't feel guilty. I haven't tried the banana smoothies before so here's hoping they're yum. 

Werewolf Girl and Berlie17 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-25-2013, 09:54 AM
Zelda Freak

Oh, fun idea! I don't have a pic right now, but I'll try to remember to take one next time. It might just consist of peas and watermelon though, that's all I've been eating lately :( Too hot!

~ Jennifer

* Find VeggieBoards:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 +

* Find me:
+
+
#3 Old 07-25-2013, 10:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Ooh, nice thread! I can get grocery envy grin.gif

I love getting a nice shop of good stuff in, it always makes me happy to see all the fruit and veg piled up in baskets and bowls, a lovely fresh loaf of uncut wholemeal in the breadbin and the fridge full of stuff like tofu and organic soy milk. I'v done my main supermarket shop for teh fortnight but I've got a wholefood shop coming up in a few days, I'll try to pic and post it.

PS I stock Marigold, Kallo and Cauldron stuff too.

The sky is purple and things are right every day

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-25-2013, 01:58 PM
Vegan Very Metal

I've bought the Marigold vegan boullion, but i found it to be a bit too salty. Those two bananas don't look ripe yet;) also, what's that stuff in the white packet in the bottom left hand corner of the photo? I can't make it out on my phone.
#5 Old 07-25-2013, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer C View Post

Oh, fun idea! I don't have a pic right now, but I'll try to remember to take one next time. It might just consist of peas and watermelon though, that's all I've been eating lately :( Too hot!

Sadly for my waistline heat does not stop me from wanting to eat everything in sight!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'IckenNoodleSoup View Post

I've got a wholefood shop coming up in a few days, I'll try to pic and post it.

I'd be really interested to see that. Do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post

I've bought the Marigold vegan boullion, but i found it to be a bit too salty. Those two bananas don't look ripe yet;) also, what's that stuff in the white packet in the bottom left hand corner of the photo? I can't make it out on my phone.

Haha I know, I always buy green bananas because I'll forget about them for days. Then they'll be sitting there when I run out of grapes. The white packet is arborio rice, I love risotto. What did you use the Marigold for? I've never found it too salty myself, which is funny since you do because I don't cook with salt and I never add it to my meals. I use it for everything - risotto, quinoa, making tomato sauce, drinking it out of the cup...
#6 Old 07-25-2013, 11:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Nice thread .... I went all fruity lol
#7 Old 07-27-2013, 10:38 AM

I don't normally have such a huge haul. An organic co-op is just down the road from my business, so I stop in every morning and get the fresh ingredients that I am going to need that evening or the next morning. But it was a members day, which means discounts! So I made a bigger purchase then normal, mostly grabbing stuff that doesn't need to be eaten right away. :)

Werewolf Girl likes this.
#8 Old 07-27-2013, 11:47 AM
Veggie Regular

Almond chocolate milk. Shouldn't have opened this thread now I'm craving drool.gif

I can down a whole pint of choc milk (I like oatly) in one sitting, in fact I can finish an entire 1 litre carton in the same day blush.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnie View Post

I don't normally have such a huge haul. An organic co-op is just down the road from my business, so I stop in every morning and get the fresh ingredients that I am going to need that evening or the next morning. But it was a members day, which means discounts! So I made a bigger purchase then normal, mostly grabbing stuff that doesn't need to be eaten right away. :)

The sky is purple and things are right every day

#9 Old 07-27-2013, 05:26 PM

That all looks great, Linnie - what's the 'hint' stuff? Is it flavoured water? (I bet it's something totally different.)

#10 Old 07-27-2013, 05:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Hint is awesome! I drink it all the time .... Strawberry Kiwi is my favourite! smiley.gif I also drink these
Kath likes this.
#11 Old 07-29-2013, 08:36 AM

My latest farmers market trip:
#12 Old 07-29-2013, 08:37 AM

Oh and this peanut buttery popcorn concoction is to DIE for!!
#13 Old 07-30-2013, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingGrl72 View Post

+1. They are amazing!

#14 Old 07-30-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post

That all looks great, Linnie - what's the 'hint' stuff? Is it flavoured water? (I bet it's something totally different.)

Yep, fruit en-fuzed water, or 'unsweetened essence water' as hint calls it. I like all of the flavors, but my favorite is Honeydew-Hibiscus, Cucumber is a close 2nd.

#15 Old 07-30-2013, 01:13 PM

I have heard that stuff is truly yummy! I haven't found it in my area yet, but several stores near my house sell earth balance products so I'm sure I'll see this stuff soon. If not I'll have to give my co-op a nudge.

Quote:

#16 Old 07-30-2013, 01:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Tonight I am going to try dragon fruit .... I was always a fan of that mythical creature Lol I wonder if I will be a fan of the fruit as well smiley.gif
#17 Old 07-30-2013, 01:30 PM
Veggie Regular

I can't wait to get my hands into this ummmm bag Lol no snacks till after din din which is going to be grilled corn and watermelon gazpacho! smiley.gif
#18 Old 07-30-2013, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavender phase View Post

Tonight I am going to try dragon fruit

I want to try it but it's so expensive and I can't justify the cost on our budget. Let me know how you like it, please!

#19 Old 07-30-2013, 01:48 PM
Veggie Regular

CrazyApple I bought it on sale .... and still only purchased one it was a $ I will let you know how it tastes for sure! smiley.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyApple View Post

I want to try it but it's so expensive and I can't justify the cost on our budget. Let me know how you like it, please!
#20 Old 07-30-2013, 02:21 PM

I hope you like it! I love the way Dragon Fruit looks, both on the inside and outside. It has a pleasant mildly sweet taste to it, the texture is nice too, (not too soft and not too firm).

Quote:

Tonight I am going to try dragon fruit .... I was always a fan of that mythical creature Lol I wonder if I will be a fan of the fruit as well smiley.gif
#21 Old 07-30-2013, 02:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Thank you Linnie! At the moment I am chilling the watermelon gazpacho and soaking the corn to grill and the dessert is that dragon fruit I am soooo excited to try smiley.gif shhhh I'm saving the popcorn to sneak into the movies this weekend I really want it tonight but I have a movie date Saturday yippee! smiley.gif
#22 Old 07-31-2013, 05:56 AM
Beginner

These just arrived:

Thought I'd see what all the fuss is about! smiley.gif
#23 Old 07-31-2013, 07:21 AM

I hadn't heard about these - let us know what they're like! I think I'd like the one on the left best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlie17 View Post

These just arrived:
Thought I'd see what all the fuss is about! smiley.gif
#24 Old 07-31-2013, 12:00 PM

Huh - I've never hear of those either...?
#25 Old 07-31-2013, 12:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Dragon fruit was tasty similar to kiwi .... Yum! smiley.gif
#26 Old 07-31-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:

Dragon fruit was tasty similar to kiwi

I love kiwi. They'll be a part of my haul this week because they're on sale.

#27 Old 07-31-2013, 12:53 PM
Veggie Regular

CrazyApple the dragon fruit is in season so you do that and grab that sale and enjoy! smiley.gif
#28 Old 10-12-2013, 06:03 AM
Beginner

Quote:

Huh - I've never hear of those either...?

I guess I read too many vegan blogs- kombucha seems to be somewhat of a craze on them! It's good, I haven't noticed that it's made a big difference to my digestive health but that's not to say it wouldn't for anyone. To me it tastes just like alcohol with an aftertaste of vinegar. I'd recommend giving it a go, I like it smiley.gif I liked the flavours of the bigger bottles much more than the smaller ones.

I don't have a picture to add to this thread sorry but I hope someone else does soon!
LovingGrl72 likes this.
#29 Old 10-12-2013, 07:54 PM
Veggie Regular

#30 Old 10-13-2013, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Is that Kombucha? I tried it once and it was delicious.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page