It's my one-year vegan anniversary! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-25-2013, 12:20 AM
Zelda Freak

Today, the 25th, I've officially been vegan for one year! 

So..... carrot.gifbroccoli.gifpibo.gif weeeeeeeee!

This is a big deal for me. As some members have likely read, it took me years and years to go vegan 10+ from when the idea first hit me to actually doing it. Thanks to VB for all the support and ideas this last year it's really helped. 

To celebrate, I bought myself a cute fill-in-yourself recipe book and I've been adding all the new vegan recipes I've tried this year. I may also celebrate by going out to dinner tonight! 

Did you do anything to celebrate your first year as a vegan?

Werewolf Girl likes this.

~ Jennifer

* Find VeggieBoards:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 +

* Find me:
+
+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-25-2013, 12:33 AM
Veggie Regular

Well, I guess another congratulations is in order. First to Aristede for his ascendency to the realms of Mod-dom and now you for your one year veganversery.

I'm afraid I can't give you any advise on celebrating going vegan one year ago. I slid from omni to vegetarian to vegan in a matter of months but never really marked the dates. Whatever you do, treat yourself to something good.
#3 Old 07-25-2013, 12:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Woo you! grin.gif

The sky is purple and things are right every day

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-25-2013, 01:48 AM

Sweeeeeeeet! Congrats!!! I have just passed the 4 month stage!
Werewolf Girl and Jennifer C like this.
#5 Old 07-25-2013, 01:49 AM

Wonder when these body cravings for meat that all the ex-vegans talk about will come on. I'm guessing never because it's all in their heads and just excuses them.
#6 Old 07-25-2013, 05:05 AM

Congrats!

#7 Old 07-25-2013, 05:17 AM

That's awesome! I've been vegan for almost -4 months now =p (no really, it won't be happening until 1st December...)

Sigh. Whatever. What better way to celebrate being released from conscription by going VEGAN? Amrite guys?
Werewolf Girl and Jennifer C like this.

Check out my blog,
, a reflection of anime, veganism and animal rights!
Latest post: Serial Experiments Lain and the Upper Layer of Reality
#8 Old 07-25-2013, 07:25 AM
Zelda Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyboy85 View Post

Wonder when these body cravings for meat that all the ex-vegans talk about will come on. I'm guessing never because it's all in their heads and just excuses them.

I never had meat cravings - but then I went vegetarian like 18 years ago. Cheese was hard for me when I went vegan though - well melted cheddar anyhow - the only cheese I like. I'm over that though. 

~ Jennifer

* Find VeggieBoards:

+

* Find me:
+
+
#9 Old 07-25-2013, 07:27 AM
Zelda Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinchen View Post

I'm afraid I can't give you any advise on celebrating going vegan one year ago. I slid from omni to vegetarian to vegan in a matter of months but never really marked the dates. Whatever you do, treat yourself to something good.

That's impressive. I went veg slow, but only because my mom kept trying to force meat on me as a teen. Vegan was harder, though this time I did it cold turkey vs. slow, which helped. 

~ Jennifer

* Find VeggieBoards:

+

* Find me:
+
+
#10 Old 07-25-2013, 07:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Well done!sunny.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer C View Post

Did you do anything to celebrate your first year as a vegan?

I think I went to a vegan restaurant to celebrate my first year.

#11 Old 07-25-2013, 07:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Treat yourself and celebrate! Congrats on your achievement. smiley.gif
#12 Old 07-25-2013, 07:31 AM

Never had any cravings and truthfully miss nothing. I was a big cheese eater as well but have not been bothered about not touching it, in fact a while back I accidentally bought some crisps that has cheese powder in and the effect it had in my mouth was disgusting. My saliva was so thick and nasty tasting for a good few hours.
#13 Old 07-25-2013, 07:50 AM
Veggie Regular

Congratulations Jennifer.  Have a tasty meal tonight. thumbsup.gif

If life really began when I went vegan, then I'm thinking that I'm only 16 and I feel so much better. (How to get rid of 50 years in the blink of an eye...dancingbanana.gif)

Capstan likes this.
#14 Old 07-25-2013, 08:16 AM

Congratulations!!! My 'veganversary' is coming up next month! =) I'll probably be going out to a vegan restaurant to celebrate... or I can make myself something nice.  Congrats.

#15 Old 07-25-2013, 08:32 AM
Banned

Congrats!  

I have to be honest, I can't actually remember the date I moved to a vegan diet/lifestyle.  It was only about 4 months ago though so I've a long time before I get to celebrate grin.gif

#16 Old 07-25-2013, 08:53 AM
Zelda Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet-Vegan View Post

Congrats!  

I have to be honest, I can't actually remember the date I moved to a vegan diet/lifestyle.  It was only about 4 months ago though so I've a long time before I get to celebrate grin.gif

Naw celebrate now. For the first six months, every time a new month popped up, my head would say - I DID IT - one more month in the bag. I think we underestimate how much effort it can take to go vegan successfully. Celebrate all the time! 

~ Jennifer

* Find VeggieBoards:

+

* Find me:
+
+
#17 Old 07-25-2013, 09:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer C View Post

Celebrate all the time! 

The way manufacturers put egg and milk into everything I celebrate each day I managed to avoid eating it lol!

Seriously though, the M&S falafel sounded lovely for lunch today.  "Allergy warning: contains milk and eggs".  Wha?! Not even 'may contain'.  It's falafel - why are you putting these things in it :(

#18 Old 07-25-2013, 09:07 AM
Veggie Regular

I swear I read that as M&M falafel and I'm thinking, "What?"
#19 Old 07-25-2013, 09:12 AM
Zelda Freak

Quote:

Me too! I was all, um if that's what floats your boat go for it, but I'm pretty sure M&Ms aren't vegan. 

~ Jennifer

* Find VeggieBoards:

+

* Find me:
+
+
#20 Old 07-25-2013, 09:13 AM
Banned

Quote:

Eeew, that would be so wrong!  I meant Marks and Spencer ~ their extra virgin olive oil hummus is lovely lick.gif

#21 Old 07-25-2013, 09:37 AM

M&S are annoying me lately, I keep finding perfectly vegan salads - or rather salads that would be, if they stopped putting honey in EVERYTHING. Grrr.

Anyway...

HAPPY VEGANVERSARY, JENNIFER! I'm so pleased for you. I'm at the 4 month mark today (lots of us March vegans around). I hope you do celebrate smiley.gif

#22 Old 07-26-2013, 01:35 AM

Well done Jen :)

I've just had my 1st anniversary too back in May, can't believe how doable it is to go 100% vegan!

#23 Old 07-26-2013, 02:02 AM
Impeach the gangster

Way to go, Link! broccoli.gif

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#24 Old 07-26-2013, 02:03 AM
Impeach the gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by leedsveg View Post

Congratulations Jennifer.  Have a tasty meal tonight. thumbsup.gif

If life really began when I went vegan, then I'm thinking that I'm only 16 and I feel so much better. (How to get rid of 50 years in the blink of an eye...dancingbanana.gif)

That's a cool way to look at it!

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#25 Old 07-26-2013, 01:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Congrats! What an amazing milestone! grin.gif

Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
#26 Old 07-26-2013, 03:41 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Congrats jen!!!!

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#27 Old 07-26-2013, 09:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Congratulations, Jen!! pibo.gifdancingbanana.gifbroccoli.gifcarrot.gif

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#28 Old 07-28-2013, 08:00 PM

congrats! a year is a long time... thats 1095 meals animal product free(ish). proud of you, and good luck in the next year vegan!

Jennifer C likes this.
#29 Old 07-29-2013, 01:02 AM

Above puts it into perspective. I read somewhere that a year on a vegetarian diet saves 33 chickens, 1 pig, 1 cow and hundreds of fish. If you think like that imagine how many male chicks, cows & calves have been saved on top of that by following a vegan lifestyle.
#30 Old 08-04-2013, 08:27 AM
Veggie Regular

I wasn't here during your transition, but well done! Ten years sounds like a lot, but you did it! Hope you had a lovely meal (and treated yourself to a lush dessert afterwards)! I wish I noted the day I became a veggie so I could celebrate as well!

"Treat others as you wish to be treated."

- The Golden Rule

"No snowflake in an avalanche feels responsible."

- Voltair

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."

- Mahatma Ghandi

"Even dust piled up will grow into a mountain."

- Japanese Proverb

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page