• 1 Post By 4everaspirit
  • 1 Post By angie54321
  • 1 Post By 4everaspirit
  • 1 Post By Dave in MPLS
  • 1 Post By Lucia Lacušková

#1 Old 06-28-2013, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelysanders/amazing-vegan-ice-cream-recipes

I need to try every single one of these!!!! There are so many incredible non-dairy ice creams out there I don't know which one I want to eat more. lick.gif
Purp likes this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-28-2013, 11:52 AM
Veggie Regular

The thing I really hate about this is.....I'm on a diet and they all look so delicious lick.gif

I did make banana and blueberry ice cream last night, using frozen bananas and frozen blueberries, which was nice.....but I would much prefer the coconut based ones.

#3 Old 06-28-2013, 12:06 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

LOL some idiot in the comments said that it's not icecream if it's not from a cow and that we shouldn't be allowed to call it icecream....yeah mmmm, mkay

drool.gif

Purp likes this.

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-28-2013, 12:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everaspirit View Post

LOL some idiot in the comments said that it's not icecream if it's not from a cow and that we shouldn't be allowed to call it icecream....yeah mmmm, mkay

drool.gif

Further down in the comments someone else says ' well if you can't eat the real thing you shouldn't eat substitutes'.

What? WHAT? Where are these people's brains when they are typing stuff like that? wall.gif

Purp likes this.
#5 Old 06-28-2013, 01:06 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie54321 View Post

Further down in the comments someone else says ' well if you can't eat the real thing you shouldn't eat substitutes'.

What? WHAT? Where are these people's brains when they are typing stuff like that? wall.gif

Vegan icecream is the real thing....and the coolest thing is that you can make it from many different food items.

Purp likes this.

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
#6 Old 06-28-2013, 07:41 PM
Riot Nrrrd

Quote:
some idiot in the comments said that it's not icecream if it's not from a cow and that we shouldn't be allowed to call it icecream

He's not entirely incorrect - in the US "ice cream" has a legal definition.

Quote:
“In accordance with the Nutrition Labeling and Education Act of 1990, the Food and Drug Administration enforces a set of standards which regulate the labeling of food products.

Ice cream is defined as a frozen food made from a mixture of dairy products, containing at least 10% milkfat.”

Many things commonly called ice cream are legally not. They're ice milk, frozen  nondairy confections, etc. Only extremely pedantic or legalistic folks call these products anything other than ice cream though.

Purp likes this.

Dave in MPLS / DISCLAIMER: I am not an actual rooster.
"It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness"
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 18002738255
#7 Old 07-19-2016, 02:47 AM

I have a recipe for vanilla banana ice-cream and rasberry ice-cream and they are so delisious I could eat them every day. I have also made a chocolate topping only with 2 ingredients
Recipe here: https://lucyskitchen.sendlane.com/view/lucy-s-kitchen
Purp likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page