What was your ""guilty" vegan meal today? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-23-2013, 11:03 PM
Poo Pie Head

For me it was dinner. My gf is much better about eating whole foods that have been prepared in a healthy manner, but I am no slouch my self. Tonight, well, I had some to drink and wanted some "beer food".

So this is what I made (cover your eyes if you are averse to unhealthy foodstuffs):

Deep fried buffalo breaded gardein beef less tips. (so evil to the body, but so good!)

First I marinaded half a bag of the beef less tips in soy and hot sauce. Then threw them in a bag with fish breading (only breading we could find that was vegan... Damn you 4c!). Tossed that for a bit, then added more hot sauce to get it saturated. Fried them in a pan with lots of olive oil, and aded in some garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Kicked the heat off and tossed in some thick sweet hot sauce to glaze the breaded beefless tips.

Ate them with nothing else. Let's hope I don't get sick from all the oil! Still yummie!

Anyways, what are your guilty meals you have made recently? Let's hope I don't get too many ideas tho! wink3.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-24-2013, 06:47 AM
Veggie Regular

Haha! That sounds so wonderful in a slightly off-putting way! :D

I ate something "guilty" on saturday. I'm on a 28-day low-fat, raw food challenge this month, with no alocohol, caffeine or salt.

Well Saturday was our city's Veg Fest. There were so many companies set up offering samples and full on dishes. I stuck with something raw, but it was far from low-fat and it did have salt in it. I tried a raw pizza! The crust was made of a combination of seeds, the cheese was made of cahsews, the veggie toppings were dehydrated, and the dressing of the salad it came with had vinegar. But it was soooo good!!

Anyway, I know it's not super guilt-worthy, but once I've been off my diet for a while, I'm sure I'll have more confessions to add to this thread. :)

#3 Old 06-24-2013, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

I've found crushed potato chips make a wonderful breading for tofu, and the bag is perfect for shaking. Shake and Bake! I add some cornstarch, and spices to it, cube the tofu and sprinkle on Braggs before shaking.

Sometimes I'll get seasoned crackers and use the bottom of the bag.

BTW, Kikkoman and Roland panko crumbs are vegan.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-24-2013, 05:46 PM

Ian's panko are too.
#5 Old 06-24-2013, 05:47 PM
Poo Pie Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post

I've found crushed potato chips make a wonderful breading for tofu, and the bag is perfect for shaking. Shake and Bake! I add some cornstarch, and spices to it, cube the tofu and sprinkle on Braggs before shaking.

BTW, Kikkoman and Roland panko crumbs are vegan.

Oh, that's a good idea! Forgot that many things that aren't marketed as breading can be used for such a thing (stale bread crumbs included, forgot about the original breading wink3.gif ). I'll have to look for kikkoman brand breading, I knew it was vegan, but I haven't seen it around here. This is 4c country, apparently...
#6 Old 06-25-2013, 05:48 AM

Big bowl of cherry chocolate chip pecan coconut ice cream yesterday! Here's the recipe it was incredible. http://bakerbettie.com/2012/07/10/ice-cream-science-and-drunken-cherry-coconut-ice-cream/ I also poured in a little extra rum I was so bad!

the truth resists simplicity- John Green

#7 Old 06-25-2013, 07:04 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post

I SO want to try this now!

#8 Old 05-08-2014, 12:06 PM

well I shall live vicariously through all of you. Because mine is a health diet for a neurological problem I rarely venture into these "bad" foods. But they are really only bad for me, not for you.

I don't eat chocolate, coconut, palm oil or mono di glycerides and my nuts and sat fats are very low, so tht just cuts out a lot of treat like things. I never eat anything deep fried. But aaaah i do remember the days when i did.

If I had a regular vegan diet I would be indulging too, but for now I will just read about them and enjoy the creativity.

it is very easy to stick to a regime when it comes from a medical standpoint.

#9 Old 05-08-2014, 01:52 PM

Vegetable Lasagna With extra daiya, I'm going to regret this later 

Werewolf Girl likes this.

#10 Old 05-08-2014, 02:05 PM
Banned

A massive slab of (homemade - woot me!) tangerine and lime cheesecake.  

I was full after that so didn't eat anything else :pibo:

Purp likes this.
#11 Old 05-08-2014, 02:33 PM

ooooooh sounds good.

60225 likes this.
#12 Old 05-08-2014, 02:40 PM
Banned

Baby leaf salad with spring onions, cucumber, peppers, tomatoes, and pumpkin and sesame seeds. The dressing was made with sesame oil, apple cider vinegar, peanut paste (no palm oil), soya sauce, chopped red chillies and chilli sauce (chillies, garlic, ginger, sugar).

#13 Old 05-08-2014, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree Trunks View Post

Baby leaf salad with spring onions, cucumber, peppers, tomatoes, and pumpkin and sesame seeds. The dressing was made with sesame oil, apple cider vinegar, peanut paste (no palm oil), soya sauce, chopped red chillies and chilli sauce (chillies, garlic, ginger, sugar).

You were guilty about eating that?! shocked.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#14 Old 05-08-2014, 03:56 PM
Banned

Refined sugar in the chilli sauce.

#15 Old 05-08-2014, 05:53 PM
Veggie Regular

I haven't eaten it yet. But I finally  found a Kimchi noodle bowl  with no animal crap in it. So I am going too thoroughly enjoy a bowl of msg for dinner:lick:. Loaded with sriracha, or as I loving refer too it as hot c**k sauce. Cause really who can eat kimchi noodles without it. I may throw in a side salad for colour...
#16 Old 05-08-2014, 08:20 PM

I always use the ends from a loaf of bread and just grind them in the blender with some seasoning. But, potato chips...drool.

My husband is gone at work tonight. So, we are eating popcorn for dinner. And, I will have a beer soon. Not sure if I should feel guilty about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dready, Christian, Homeschooling Mom
to 4 kids ages 13-1
One more arriving in March 2011
#17 Old 05-09-2014, 10:23 AM
Veggie Regular

Last night I ate a HUUUGE bowl of nacho dip with chips on the side. There wasn't anything in it that was necessarily horrible for you, it was more that I ate the entire concoction myself in one sitting, including almost an entire bag of tortilla chips. 

The nacho dip (inspired from a recipe from the peta2 vegan college cookbook):

1 can of black beans

1 cup of salsa

1/4 cup of nutritional yeast

microwaved until warm, and then "garnished" with pretty much everything I could find in my kitchen that I could convince myself was acceptable to put on nachos. 

#18 Old 05-09-2014, 06:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Nothing too bad today, but 2 days ago I had a full 1000 calories bag of ketchup flavored potato chips. Salt and free calories right into my belly.

#19 Old 05-09-2014, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamizushi View Post

Nothing too bad today, but 2 days ago I had a full 1000 calories bag of ketchup flavored potato chips. Salt and free calories right into my belly.

Eating a full bag of ketchup chips is an easy way to show people how Canadian you are. laugh.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#20 Old 05-09-2014, 06:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crochetlove View Post

Last night I ate a HUUUGE bowl of nacho dip with chips on the side. There wasn't anything in it that was necessarily horrible for you, it was more that I ate the entire concoction myself in one sitting, including almost an entire bag of tortilla chips.

The nacho dip (inspired from a recipe from the peta2 vegan college cookbook):

1 can of black beans

1 cup of salsa

1/4 cup of nutritional yeast

microwaved until warm, and then "garnished" with pretty much everything I could find in my kitchen that I could convince myself was acceptable to put on nachos.

OMG that sounds Amaztastically delicious! I must try this. I love dip. And would probably eat the whole concoction too!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page