porcelain plates and glass plates and coockware - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-26-2013, 02:45 PM

so are porcelain and glass plates and dishes vegan friendly?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-26-2013, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator

Yes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porcelain

There's something towards the bottom about bone ash being a possible ingredient, but that seems pretty rare and if you want to get that technical you wouldn't be able to use plastic or watch movies shot on film either.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#3 Old 12-08-2013, 02:47 AM

That still doesn't mention if glass is safe? I've tried searching it but can't find anything?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-08-2013, 08:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxkyliexo View Post

That still doesn't mention if glass is safe? I've tried searching it but can't find anything?

Glass is made out of minerals and rocks, basically. None of it SHOULD involve bits of animals, or animal products.

http://www.viridianglass.com.au/Residential/AboutGlass/Pages/HowGlassisMade.aspx

#5 Old 12-08-2013, 08:57 PM

Hi, thank you! But sometimes in the process of manufacturing they use animal products as a lubricant for example with making metal tools sometimes they use an animal product to make sure it doesn't stick to the machines... So that would imply that there is no animal products in the end result though I don't even want to support the use of animal products even in the manufacturing side of the products... Is there anyway to find out about this?
#6 Old 12-08-2013, 09:25 PM
Veggie Regular

You could always by a set from a charity shop.
#7 Old 12-08-2013, 09:27 PM

Well, there is always BPA-free plastic or the option of making your own glass plates. A lot of companies do not publish their manufacturing ethics so this is a tough one. Even the PETA list is sometimes wrong.

http://2brokevegans.com
#8 Old 12-08-2013, 09:29 PM

Not to mention the metal manufacturing business does more harm to the planet than any possible animal violation we can think of outside of cattle "manufacturing" and chicken plumping a.k.a. manufacturing. 

http://2brokevegans.com
#9 Old 12-11-2013, 12:43 PM

Is there a PETA list? Didn't know that. Oh and thank you for your input much appreciated! So BPA is that animal product, is that what it stands for... I thought it was just a harsh chemical that's not good for you. Thanks for letting me know...! Now I know what plastics to buy and what to not! smiley.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page