VeggieBoards banner

What did you eat vegan today? (Version 2.0)

223K views 4K replies 505 participants last post by  Tom 
#1 ·
Brand new thread!

Here's what I ate vegan today:

B: Chai tea and a banana nut muffin

L: Fried rice with stir fried kale, broccoli, soy sauce and Sriracha

D: A big bowl of stew with lentils, barley, split peas, chickpeas, kale, broccoli, potatoes and carrots

S: Cantaloupe and more chai tea

#3,460 ·
This morning I had two slices of wholewheat toast with Pure sunflower spread and yeast extract. Black coffee. Orange juice

This afternoon we had Linda Mc. red onion & rosemary sausages (good and charred on the outside how I like them) with wholegrain mustard, crunchy roast potatoes, roast parsnip, steamed cauliflower topped with grated Violife cheese, steamed carrots and steamed shredded spring greens all with onion gravy. Yummy!! Afterwards I had a glass of Rice Dream chocolate milk.

Don't know what we'll have this evening yet, maybe lentil soup.

#3,461 · (Edited)
@Spudulika: Your lunch sounds delicious. I love Linda sausages! I purposefully burn mine, too.

---

breakfast: tea with soya milk, mixed seed flapjack

lunch: pizza with barbecue sauce, onion, corn, jalapeno, and pineapple (I'm experimenting.)

snacks: mimosa, dark chocolate bar

dinner: My husband is making veggie burgers from a mix. I am sceptical. Will report back after. ETA: They were pretty good! A little crumbly.

#3,464 ·
L: Whole wheat spaghetti with a fresh made tomato, pecan, red cabbage sauce. Managed it in 20 minutes flat, lol

D: Pumpkin pie flavored chilli with brown rice, steamed peanut butter and sweet potato whole wheat dumplings, potatoes n sauce, and fresh salad

S: Brown rice with steamed carrots and walnuts

#3,466 ·
breakfast: cream of wheat with almond milk, cinnamon, maple syrup; orange; coffee

went on a 3 mile snowshoe adventure in the north woods (first snowshoe of the season) so I brought along and ate: mixed pumpkin seeds and raisins; apple; 3 frozen thawed buckwheat blueberry flax pancakes (I make batches of these and freeze them for future outdoor day trip snacks)

dinner: two homemade black bean burgers on Rudi's whole wheat buns with onion and Just Mayo; large salad with collard greens, lettuce, cauliflower, radish sprouts, tahini lemon based dressing; almond milk

#3,468 ·
For breakfast I had two slices of wholemeal toast with tahini. Orange juice. Black coffee

For dinner this afternoon we've had fajitas with a bunch of nice things in them: refried beans (which I made earlier today), sauteed onions and peppers, tomato salsa, shredded iceburg lettuce. I'm totally sold on refried beans and have four tubs now in the freezer. Yums!

I've got quite a lot of leeks still hanging around in the fridge from last week so I'm probably going to make a big pan of leek and potato soup for supper (which I can also take in to work for lunches next week).

#3,472 ·
Breakfast- Carrot cake porridge- oats, grated carrots, mixed spice, homemade soya milk
Lunch- Minestrone soup- pasta, tomato sauce, loads of veggies, kidney beans
Dinner- (to be eaten in 1 hour or so...) Kitcheri- basmati rice, lentils, few chopped veggies, flaxseed oil. loads of indian spices

Snacks- homemade soya yogurt and granola
chocolate hummus and chopped apple

#3,474 ·
I made "oatgurt" that I learned about from someone at a vegan meetup group. On Thursday night I soaked some raw oat groats, and on Friday morning I blended the oat groats and soak water in my blender to get a mushy consistency, then let it ferment for 48 hours in a warm place.

This morning I had some of my oatgurt for breakfast, and I swear this stuff tastes so much like unsweetened yogurt! it's a bit more chewy and textury, but it has that sourish taste like unsweeteend plain yogurt, and it still has a sort of creaminess to it. I had an orange on the side.

lunch: homemade chili (black beans, kidney beans, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, bulgur wheat, onion, zucchini, red bell pepper, collard greens, and lots of spices, especially cayenne); almond milk

dinner: pumpkin sage pasta recipe from the "Everyday Hapy Herbivore" cookbook. I also threw in some peas and onion. And I made parmesan with ground almonds, nutritional yeast, cornmeal, and marjorum to go on top. Homemade vanilla pudding for dessert, and almond milk.

#3,477 ·
:) chocolate hummus is honestly delicious
Here is my recipe-

rinse 1 cup of chickpeas in a colander under a running cold tap, and if you can be bothered use your fingers to remove some of the chickpea skins (this makes the hummus more smooth and nutella-like)

Put chickpeas in a mini food processor along with 2-3 tbsp nut butter (any kind), 2-3 tbsp cocoa powder, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp vanilla, pinch salt, and 2-3 tbsp of your choice of liquid sweetener/sugar/stevia

Add enough plant milk to bring the whole thing together as you blend into a smooth delicious chocolate hummus....looks naughty, but is all round pretty healthy for you :)

#3,480 ·
Breakfast: two toasts with peanut butter; orange

morning snack at work: steamed squash and sweet potato; soy yogurt

lunch: homemade chili (black beans, kidney beans, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, bulgur wheat, onion, zucchini, red bell pepper, collard greens, and lots of spices, especially cayenne); almond milk

dinner: roasted portobello mushroom strips, zucchini, onion, red and yellow bell peppers over white rice with homemade bbq sauce coating everything; almond milk

starting to feel a little under the weather. My partner has been sick with a cold since Sunday. :/ So I am trying to up my vitamin C rich foods.

#3,481 ·
Lunch: noodles in a nice 'random vegetable scaps' stock

Dinner: Pea stew seasoned with feral catnip plus a tatsoi purple cabbage salad
[some years ago at the start of february a deer led me to a stand of feral catnip growing in the woods so I took a start home, its nice having fresh 'mint' in late january]

Snack 1: yellow popcorn
Snack 2: white popcorn
[they had to be compared back to back to get a fair evaluation, or thats my excuse]

Supper: Vegan red beans and rice, or as my great grandmother called it... "red beans and rice"

#3,482 ·
Breakfast: Oatmeal with cashew milk and a banana.

Lunch: Spaghetti with a red pepper/mushroom/onion/tomato-basil sauce.

Snack: Brownie-in-a-mug (veganized)

Dinner: Soft tofu scramble with sauteed spinach and mushrooms in sesame oil and soy sauce, topped with cucumber and avocado.

Snack: Blackberries. <3

#3,488 ·
breakfast- beetroot and raspberry porridge (oats, grated beetroot, almond milk, handful raspberries)
lunch- barley indian chickpea soup (leftover barley from fridge, coconut milk, chickpeas, kale, carrot, tomato, loads of spices)
dinner (in 1 hour)- sourdough bread and baked beans with nutritional yeast topping

snacks- hot chocolate made with soya milk
raw carrots and green pea hummus

#3,491 ·
B - Wholemeal toast with yeast extract, peanut butter and slices of banana, coffee
L - Salad - rocket, red pepper, cucumber, avocado, pomegranate seeds and sumac powder, with tahini-miso dressing
S - Nakd bar
D - Vegetable and pasta soup with a roll filled with seitan and tomato slices; handful of crisps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.