What did you eat vegan today? (Version 2.0) - Page 98 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1952Likes

#2911 Old 09-21-2015, 09:41 PM
Veggie Regular

B: sprouted 7 grains toasts with guacamole on top plus a banana
L: red potato salad with peas, chickpeas and chives, green smoothie
D: french baguette with homemade tofu spread, thai salad with peanuts

"To the world you may be just one person, but to one life you may be the world."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2912 Old 09-21-2015, 10:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Breakfast: Glass of chocolate almond milk.
Lunch: Mini roasted potatoes. Butternut squash mac n' cheese.
Snacks: Banana. Sandwich with bacon tempeh, tomato, lettuce, and vegenaise.
Dinner: Rice with kidney beans, cabbage, and a few of the gardein beefless tips.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#2913 Old 09-22-2015, 02:51 AM
Veggie Regular

B: mango and handful of whole almonds

MS: Ezekiel blueberry english muffin and a glass of almond milk

L: wild rice, red cabbage, steamed beets (from my garden), black beans with balsamic vinegar and fennel seed

D: brown rice, yellow split peas, asparagus, and Indian spices (curry, garam masala, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon); glass of almond milk

later snacked on an apple from my apple tree.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2914 Old 09-22-2015, 05:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Yesterday we had:

B - Scrambled tofu with diced mushrooms and onions, tinned plum tomatoes, baked beans, sliced wholewheat bread & Pure soya spread.

L - 'Easy vegan pizza' with frozen ready-made garlic bread base, finely sliced fresh tomato, finely sliced red onion, two to three teaspoons 'Le Conserve della Nonna Free From Green Pesto', sliced pickled jalapenos.

D - Leek & Potato Stew (carrots, onions, celery, dried mixed herbs, vegetable stock cube, barley, leeks, potato, Atora shredded vegetable suet, self-raising wholemeal flour)

P - Apple Crumble (ground almonds, wholemeal flour, Pure soya spread, demarara sugar, porridge oats, home-grown apples, ground cloves, dark muscavado sugar) with Alpro custard.
no whey jose likes this.
#2915 Old 09-23-2015, 03:27 AM
Super Moderator

I'm still in hospital with my newborn, so for five days I've been eating toast, jacket potatoes, and baked beans.
Purp likes this.
#2916 Old 09-23-2015, 03:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by no whey jose View Post
I'm still in hospital with my newborn, so for five days I've been eating toast, jacket potatoes, and baked beans.
Is that the only vegan option they have?? What about fruit? Veg? Sometimes the NHS amazes me and sometimes it's downright shocking!

But more importantly when do you get to take the little guy home and are you ok?
Purp likes this.
#2917 Old 09-23-2015, 04:28 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallot View Post
Is that the only vegan option they have?? What about fruit? Veg? Sometimes the NHS amazes me and sometimes it's downright shocking!

But more importantly when do you get to take the little guy home and are you ok?
Oh, they did give me a very nice satsuma yesterday, and what looked like a canned corn/pepper mix which I nibbled on unenthusiastically. They keep giving me little packets of butter for some reason.

We're going home today, actually. This past week has been incredibly difficult and painful, and I've spent a lot of time sobbing, but both baby and I are going to be ok. I just have to be patient and wait for my body to heal. I swear I had no idea that the recovery could be this bad, and although I am grateful for the care I've received, there are some practices here that I wasn't expecting, like leaving my newborn alone with me immediately after the birth when I was exhausted, terrified, traumatized, and desperately in need of sleep. Back home they take the baby to the nursery for a few days unless you ask to see him, so that you can rest. I haven't actually slept for longer than an hour uninterrupted in over a week, and my labour was 30 hours and I'm recovering from an infected episiotomy. I just want to sleep!!
Purp likes this.
#2918 Old 09-23-2015, 06:09 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
We're going home today, actually. I just want to sleep!!
A big hug to you and your little bundle of joy. I hope you recover quickly at home and that family members are available to help you a bit in the first few weeks?

Yesterday I had.
B- coffee with almond dark chocolate milk, pumpkin seed granola cereal with almond/coconut milk, grapefruit
L- sprouted grains toasts with avocado, lemon juice on it and nutritional yeast, apple
D- Rice and quinoa buddha bowl (sweet potato, zucchini, red bell pepper, mushroom broth, tomate and basil sauce IN my rice cooker, no fuss)
S- cinnamon cookie, clementine and strawberries
no whey jose likes this.

"To the world you may be just one person, but to one life you may be the world."

#2919 Old 09-23-2015, 11:20 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Oh, they did give me a very nice satsuma yesterday, and what looked like a canned corn/pepper mix which I nibbled on unenthusiastically. They keep giving me little packets of butter for some reason.

We're going home today, actually. This past week has been incredibly difficult and painful, and I've spent a lot of time sobbing, but both baby and I are going to be ok. I just have to be patient and wait for my body to heal. I swear I had no idea that the recovery could be this bad, and although I am grateful for the care I've received, there are some practices here that I wasn't expecting, like leaving my newborn alone with me immediately after the birth when I was exhausted, terrified, traumatized, and desperately in need of sleep. Back home they take the baby to the nursery for a few days unless you ask to see him, so that you can rest. I haven't actually slept for longer than an hour uninterrupted in over a week, and my labour was 30 hours and I'm recovering from an infected episiotomy. I just want to sleep!!
Not so much anymore, you would often find the same here these days.
Purp likes this.
#2920 Old 09-23-2015, 03:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Had quesadillas for dinner, they were the bomb!
(black beans I cooked myself with onion, garlic and bay leaf + zucchini + salsa + cheddar Daiya melted in + red bell pepper and cumin)
My son was eating quesadillas for the first time and he loved it. He actually liked the Daiya cheese.
LedBoots likes this.

#2921 Old 09-23-2015, 06:48 PM
Veggie Regular

B: mango and almonds

MS: handful of figs, Ezekiel english muffin

L: wild rice, red cabbage, steamed beets (from my garden), black beans with balsamic vinegar and fennel seed

D: Made a huge garden salad with romaine lettuce, carrots, red bell pepper, mushrooms, onion,and tomatoes. then sauteed some Beyond Meat chik*n strips and added them to the salad. Then blended homemade ranch dressing using silken tofu/lemon juice/cider vinegar/garlic and onion powder, fresh parsely and dill. I added just a little bit of Just Mayo in there too, and then mixed the dressing into the salad, and added just a pinch of maple syrup in there. Was delicious! Had some almond milk too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#2922 Old 09-24-2015, 02:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Big Hug to you!

I hope you continue recovering and that when you get home you at least get some proper food - and sleep. Sleep deprivation is awful (you have my fullest sympathy) - but I'm told it does get better the older they get ...

Take care and get better.
no whey jose likes this.
#2923 Old 09-25-2015, 03:07 AM
Super Moderator

coffee with soya milk

Nak'd bar

chickpea dahl
#2924 Old 09-25-2015, 05:11 AM
Veggie Regular

B: water, banana, grapes
L: black bean soup + red cabbage, carrot and lettuce salad with raspberries and merlot dressing
D: chana masala (chickpea curry) on rice
S: apples, blueberry soy yogurt

Last edited by Marjoram; 09-25-2015 at 06:43 PM.
#2925 Old 09-26-2015, 04:48 AM
Veggie Regular

B: Smoothie (frozen banana and pineapple, spinach, almond milk, Vega protein powder, water)

MS: Ezekiel english muffin and handful of figs

D: steamed rutabaga, lima beans, chopped collard greens from my garden and a white bean/nutritional yeast/vegetable broth/steamed carrot/garlic powder, onion powder, sage blended gravy to go over everything. Almond milk to drink.

#2926 Old 09-26-2015, 06:30 AM
Super Moderator

Our amazing friends brought us a huge grocery haul. I'm so excited for the next few days of food!

Today:

tea with soya milk

Biscoff biscuits

Nakd bar

half a pizza with peppers, onion, tomato, and corn

potato wedges

vegetable sushi and dumplings

chocolate-covered brazil nuts

Good. fruit bar

Booja Booja chocolate truffles

red lentil casserole
LedBoots likes this.

Last edited by no whey jose; 09-26-2015 at 09:32 AM.
#2927 Old 09-26-2015, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator

coffee with soya milk

raspberry coconut milk yogurt

grapes

vegetable soup with giraffe bread

tofu-stuffed pasta with tomato sauce

Good. bar

tofu and carrots stir fried in chili oil and soy sauce

mango coconut milk yogurt
LedBoots and Nooch like this.

Last edited by no whey jose; 09-27-2015 at 10:10 AM.
#2928 Old 09-26-2015, 11:34 PM
Veggie Regular

B: Strawberry-Banana pancakes and Chickpea scramble

L-Veggie avocado wrap

D: Stir-fry veggies and brown rice.
no whey jose likes this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#2929 Old 09-27-2015, 03:27 AM
Veggie Regular

B: hot rice cereal (cooked white rice, almond milk, shredded coconut, maple syrup heated on stove and added pecans, strawberries, banana to it)

L: soy yogurt, last of my Ezekiel blueberry english muffins, apple from my tree

D: simmered black beans, tomato, canned stewed tomato, zucchini, green bell pepper, onion over cooked polenta with vegan parmesan over it all (ground almonds, nutritional yeast, cornmeal, garlic powder, marjoram); homemade flaxmilk to drink

#2930 Old 09-27-2015, 07:38 AM
Veggie Regular

B: oatmeal with banana, chia and flax soaked in almond and coconut milk.
L: Avocado and hummous wrap, blueberry soy yogurt, apple
D: thai tofu and veggies stir fry with brown rice pasta
snack: dried apricots, walnuts

#2931 Old 09-27-2015, 11:44 PM
Super Moderator

coffee with soya milk

Nak'd bar

grapes

granola with soya milk

falafel

spinach and aubergine curry

iced soya latte

pesto pasta with carrots

Last edited by no whey jose; 09-28-2015 at 10:44 AM.
#2932 Old 09-28-2015, 12:39 PM
Veggie Regular

B - Beans on toast, orange juice
L - Pasta with vegan pesto, broccoli, green beans and nooch
S - Mango tofu and crackers
D - Hash type thing with potatoes, onions, spicy homemade seitan, green and yellow peppers and a tahini-miso sauce

That awkward moment when your partner walks into the kitchen to find you huddled in the corner with an open container of nooch and a spoon and your mouth encrusted with little flakes...  
#2933 Old 09-28-2015, 05:20 PM
Veggie Regular

B: banana, canned pumpkin, Vega protein powder mashed together

MS: pumpkin seeds and raisins

L: black bean vegetable soup (zucchini, tomato, onion, collard greens from my garden, green bell pepper); slice of homemade whole wheat bread

D: whole wheat spaghetti with savoy cabbage, shredded carrot, celery, sesame seeds, rice vinegar, soy sauce; homemade flaxseed milk

#2934 Old 09-28-2015, 08:08 PM
Super Moderator

coffee with soya milk

Good. bar

leftover pesto pasta with carrots

granola with soya milk and a banana

dark chocolate buttons

spinach and aubergine curry with giraffe bread

chocolate peanut butter biscuit

champagne and orange juice

chili with bread

Last edited by no whey jose; 09-29-2015 at 09:03 AM.
#2935 Old 09-29-2015, 04:11 PM

b: sprouted toast with avocado, sautéed spinach, lemon, pink salt

l: brown rice, black beans, salsa, spinach, mixed greens, red onion & corn tortillas

s: carrot sticks, banana, pear

d: steamed broccoli, tofu & spicy peanut sauce, brown rice, sweet potato with maple syrup & cinnamon

s: ginger tea
#2936 Old 09-29-2015, 04:21 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
coffee with soya milk

grapes

vegetable soup with giraffe bread

tofu-stuffed pasta with tomato sauce

Good. bar

tofu and carrots stir fried in chili oil and soy sauce

mango coconut milk yogurt
He's so cute!!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
no whey jose likes this.
#2937 Old 09-29-2015, 10:56 PM
Super Moderator

coffee with soya milk

Nakd bar

orange juice

sauteed tofu and potatoes

spaghetti with tomato sauce and carrots

dark chocolate buttons

granola with soya milk

chocolate peanut butter biscuits

diet cola

Last edited by no whey jose; 09-30-2015 at 11:05 AM.
#2938 Old 09-30-2015, 02:15 AM
Veggie Regular

B: Toasts with kidney beans and salsa on top; orange

MS: pumpkin seeds and raisins

L: black bean vegetable soup (zucchini, tomato, onion, collard greens from my garden, green bell pepper); slice of homemade whole wheat bread

D: millet, onion, and collard greens cooked in vegetable broth; I blended daiya chedder shreds and a can of white beans with some garlic powder and a little veggie broth to make a very thick creamy sauce and added that mixed in with the millet mixture. Flaxseed milk to drink.

#2939 Old 09-30-2015, 01:53 PM

B - Two oranges

L - Baked potato w/hot sauce , bagel with daiya cream cheese & capers

tried the daiya plain cream cheese today and I like it better than tofutti!! I'm always looking for the best vegan cheese
no whey jose likes this.
#2940 Old 09-30-2015, 03:52 PM
Veggie Regular

B- oatmeal with pineapples and strawberries in it, chia and flax. Chai tea
L- chickpea salad sandwich in a pita bread with cherry tomatoes.
D: cashew milk and upgraded a can of vegetable soup with broccoli and black beans! (yeah, didn't want to cook for dinner lol)
will snack on radish and carrots if I'm hungry later on, though kale chips sounds good too!
no whey jose likes this.

Tags
ketogenic vegan , vegan advice

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page