What did you eat vegan today? (Version 2.0) - Page 79 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1952Likes

#2341 Old 05-29-2015, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidal Pierre View Post
Is Almond milk nice tasting? I'm stuck in a rut buying soya milk.
I like it! It's not as creamy as soy but it has a nice, delicate taste.
LedBoots likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2342 Old 05-29-2015, 06:26 PM
Veggie Regular

B: smoothie (frozen banana, frozen strawberries, Vega protein powder, 2 cups spinach, almond milk)

ms: chickpea sweet potato energy bar; banana

L: veered off course today due to hectic schedule lol and had a handful of grapes, slice of homemade whole wheat bread, and some pumpkin seeds

D: My Friday night garden salad with romaine lettuce, bell pepper, mushrooms, radishes, cucumber, black beans, and tahini lemon sauce; Almond milk yogurt; two more slices homemade bread with black bean salsa and some green tea

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#2343 Old 05-29-2015, 07:26 PM
Veggie Regular

coffee with soymilk (8th continent this time, so much better than westsoy)

romaine salad with homemade hummus

watermelon (half of a large one)

lentils with collard greens

jazz apple

white cornbread. used a mashed banana to replace the egg.

now: beer!
no whey jose and Ladyjay like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2344 Old 05-29-2015, 09:19 PM

B: large green juice

L: Amy's teriyaki bowl

D: four slices of thin rye bread with mashed avocado and diced tomato. One slice also had homemade sprouted hummus. Two slices had broccoli sprouts. In case you guys didn't know, avocado and broccoli sprouts are an absolutely divine combination.

Dessert: strawberry-banana "nice cream" with cinnamon

S: 1/3 of a dark chocolate bar with coconut shreds

It was kind of a light day today. Wasn't too hungry.

Also, I can't remember everything I ate yesterday, but I did have a doubleshot of wheatgrass juice (from homegrown wheatgrass!) with a pineapple juice chaser. It was pretty awesome.
no whey jose likes this.

Last edited by Eternal Sunshine; 05-29-2015 at 09:21 PM. Reason: added dessert
#2345 Old 05-30-2015, 03:04 AM
Super Moderator

earl grey tea with almond milk x3

buttered rolls

chocolate banana coconut milk

pizza with courgette, aubergine, red and yellow tomatoes, and peppers

roasted vegetable couscous

red grapes and raspberries

popcorn

falafel

Last edited by no whey jose; 05-30-2015 at 02:13 PM.
#2346 Old 05-30-2015, 07:29 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by no whey jose View Post
I like it! It's not as creamy as soy but it has a nice, delicate taste.
Not as creamy? That doesn't sound good. But I'll try it see if I like it I'll report back!!
#2347 Old 05-30-2015, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Not as creamy? That doesn't sound good. But I'll try it see if I like it I'll report back!!
I think it's a bit thinner, like 2% rather than whole milk. I tend to prefer soy milk by the glass or in cereal for this reason, but almond milk is great in tea and in cooking. I bought it to use as the base for a creamy garlic pasta sauce-- just sautee garlic and shallot in a pan, add the almond milk and a bit of flour as a thickener, and simmer for a while. It was awesome! If you don't like the almond milk by itself and don't want to waste the rest of the carton, let me know and I'll give you the full recipe. It has to be unsweetened original flavour, unless you like sweet pasta sauce.

Dark chocolate almond milk is delicious by the glass, though.
#2348 Old 05-30-2015, 08:00 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

I just tried cashew milk this morning on my oatmeal. So creamy! Hopefully it won't bother my stomach like the soy and almond milks do.
Tom and no whey jose like this.
#2349 Old 05-30-2015, 09:16 AM
Beginner

Quote:
I think it's a bit thinner, like 2% rather than whole milk. I tend to prefer soy milk by the glass or in cereal for this reason, but almond milk is great in tea and in cooking. I bought it to use as the base for a creamy garlic pasta sauce-- just sautee garlic and shallot in a pan, add the almond milk and a bit of flour as a thickener, and simmer for a while. It was awesome! If you don't like the almond milk by itself and don't want to waste the rest of the carton, let me know and I'll give you the full recipe. It has to be unsweetened original flavour, unless you like sweet pasta sauce.

Dark chocolate almond milk is delicious by the glass, though.

Pasta and garlic sounds delicious.
#2350 Old 05-30-2015, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Pasta and garlic sounds delicious.
It was! Here's the recipe: http://minimalistbaker.com/creamy-ve...sted-tomatoes/
#2351 Old 05-30-2015, 09:49 AM
Tom
Veggie Regular

I keep getting dinner and breakfast backwards...!

"breakfast" was rice, cooked with lots of fresh garlic, dandelion greens, and lamb's-quarters (an edible weed related to, and tasting like, spinach). I added some of my home-made vegan chili when it was cooked. Not bad!

Lunch was avocado sandwiches (avocado on rye bread). Water to drink, of course.

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.
#2352 Old 05-30-2015, 09:57 AM
Veggie Regular

So far I've had a banana. Dinner will be fajitas.
#2353 Old 05-30-2015, 12:51 PM
Oryzatarian

L: 1% Saline (yay warm weather )

D: Chickpea n whole kohlrabi plant curry with brown rice, siberian kale n green onions salad, tatsoi salad, spice relish and apple

S: Turmeric n pepper oatmeal and a whole banana, skin and all
#2354 Old 05-30-2015, 07:04 PM
Veggie Regular

B: Brown rice, fresh strawberries, chopped pecans

MS: handful of grapes; 3 brazil nuts

L: two homemade whole wheat toasts with black bean salsa; SoDelicious coconut milk yogurt

D: beet burgers (shredded beets, cooked brown rice, cooked white beans, pinch of olive oil, red wine vinegar, fennel seed, thyme); roasted potatoes; glass of almond milk
no whey jose likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#2355 Old 05-30-2015, 08:30 PM

B: tall black coffee (I was running late)

D: Two tempeh reubens with sauerkraut I fermented myself, baked crinkle fries with salt and pepper.

Juice: veggie medley starring tomatoes, red peppers, and dandelion greens

I didn't eat much today because I had a very upsetting encounter at work that left me sick to my stomach for most of the day.
Tom and no whey jose like this.

Last edited by Eternal Sunshine; 05-30-2015 at 08:32 PM. Reason: typo
#2356 Old 05-30-2015, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auxin View Post

D: Chickpea n whole kohlrabi plant curry with brown rice, siberian kale n green onions salad, tatsoi salad, spice relish and apple

I've heard banana peel makes an awesome chip if you bake/fry/dehydrate it. Did you prep yours any special way, or was it completely raw?
#2357 Old 05-30-2015, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post
I just tried cashew milk this morning on my oatmeal. So creamy! Hopefully it won't bother my stomach like the soy and almond milks do.
Do the soy and almond milk you buy have carrageenan in them? That stuff will majorly irritate my tummy. It's hard to find plant milk without it, so I typically make my own. It's really easy.
#2358 Old 05-31-2015, 12:52 AM
Oryzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Sunshine View Post
I've heard banana peel makes an awesome chip if you bake/fry/dehydrate it. Did you prep yours any special way, or was it completely raw?
Raw. I have a razor sharp knife thats my 'banana knife', I grab the banana with my teeth and flick the knife through it to cut off a slice. I havent yet cut off the tip of my nose
The trick with whole bananas is two fold. If theyre under ripe theyre sappy and astringent, so avoid that. Also some brands are abnormally fibery and tough. Organic more often has the first problem, which is fixed by ripening more. Conventional more often has the latter problem.
#2359 Old 05-31-2015, 03:29 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Do the soy and almond milk you buy have carrageenan in them? That stuff will majorly irritate my tummy. It's hard to find plant milk without it, so I typically make my own. It's really easy.
The most ubiquitous brand here is Alpro, which doesn't contain carrageenan.
#2360 Old 05-31-2015, 03:30 AM
Super Moderator

earl grey tea with almond milk x3

Country Crisp cereal with almond milk

leftover pizza

Mediterranean couscous

onion bhajis

a peach

creamy garlic pasta with roasted tomatoes

Last edited by no whey jose; 05-31-2015 at 12:21 PM.
#2361 Old 05-31-2015, 04:09 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
There is a website that lists products that contain and do not contain carrageenan. If you scroll down a bit on the site below, it lists plant based milks and other products and which ones do not have carrageenan. Just thought it might be helpful in case you haven't already seen it.

http://www.cornucopia.org/shopping-g...h-carrageenan/

Homemade plant milk is awesome too though! I used to make my own flaxmilk all the time and occasionally almond milk or coconut milk. Haven't tried homemade rice milk yet.
no whey jose likes this.

#2362 Old 05-31-2015, 11:20 AM
Tom
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Oats are my favorite grain, but I haven;t thought of having them this way. I've had them with banana, and I know what the peel tastes like, but could you post your recipe?

Quote:
B: tall black coffee (I was running late)

D: Two tempeh reubens with sauerkraut I fermented myself, baked crinkle fries with salt and pepper.

Juice: veggie medley starring tomatoes, red peppers, and dandelion greens

I didn't eat much today because I had a very upsetting encounter at work that left me sick to my stomach for most of the day.
Sorry about that- I hate discord too. I hope you're feeling better now. (There was a veggie-friendly restaurant in my area that used to serve a great tempeh reuben, and you could have it with vegan cheese if you wanted. It was my go-to meal when I wanted something hot, greasy, and tasty.)

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.
#2363 Old 05-31-2015, 12:09 PM

Soya milk, Thai tofu with celery oignons in saucd with rice and spinach was delicious!
LedBoots and no whey jose like this.
#2364 Old 05-31-2015, 12:28 PM
Veggie Regular

B - Banana pancakes with strawberries and maple syrup
L - Sweet potato and lentil red curry with basmati rice
S - Cowboy cookie
D - Vegetable crisps, slice of leftover vegan quiche, tortilla chips with homemade guacamole and salsa; brownie

It has been a particularly delicious day!
LedBoots and no whey jose like this.

That awkward moment when your partner walks into the kitchen to find you huddled in the corner with an open container of nooch and a spoon and your mouth encrusted with little flakes...  
#2365 Old 05-31-2015, 01:01 PM
Veggie Regular

B - tofu scramble with Smart Bacon and two Fields breakfast sausages, sliced avocado and asparagus!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433102382.903880.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	326.1 KB
ID:	9881

L - 1/2 pint of So Delicious Cashew Milk Salted Caramel ice cream....I'm so ashamed! Lol
But then I had Vegan Kung Pao Chicken.

S - watermelon and sweet fresh cherries

D - will be a nice big salad like this one
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433102454.117469.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	285.2 KB
ID:	9889

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tom, LedBoots and no whey jose like this.
#2366 Old 05-31-2015, 01:42 PM
Oryzatarian

L: 1% Saline (yes, I was frolicking in the sun again )

D: Fresh catnip flavored hoppin' john with rosemary mint relish, tatsoi salad, sourdough bread, plum, and apple

S: Methi polenta and blueberries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Oats are my favorite grain, but I haven;t thought of having them this way. I've had them with banana, and I know what the peel tastes like, but could you post your recipe?
Well, I dont really believe in 'recipes' per se so this will sound vague but its how I do it. It just makes for variety
Roughly 160 grams rolled oats, roughly 1.25 cups water, some small amount of some mild vegetable like finely diced carrot, sweet potato, snow peas, dwarf mallow, etc. cook it up until any more would burn it, not long lol, then take off heat and stir in roughly 2 tsp of a mixture of 1 part black pepper to 5 parts turmeric.
Dwarf mallow leaves are great in oatmeal, in my opinion. Its a common 'weed' that turns into a vegetable if you water it. The dried roots have been used as toothbrushes, just chew the end, scrub the teeth, cut off the chewed bit and save the rest for further uses.
Tom likes this.

Last edited by Auxin; 05-31-2015 at 01:45 PM.
#2367 Old 05-31-2015, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenlovessnow View Post
B - tofu scramble with Smart Bacon and two Fields breakfast sausages, sliced avocado and asparagus!

Attachment 9881

L - 1/2 pint of So Delicious Cashew Milk Salted Caramel ice cream....I'm so ashamed! Lol
But then I had Vegan Kung Pao Chicken.

S - watermelon and sweet fresh cherries

D - will be a nice big salad like this one
Attachment 9889

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh my gosh

I love everything you eat!
karenlovessnow likes this.
#2368 Old 05-31-2015, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
L: 1% Saline (yes, I was frolicking in the sun again )

D: Fresh catnip flavored hoppin' john with rosemary mint relish, tatsoi salad, sourdough bread, plum, and apple

S: Methi polenta and blueberries

Well, I dont really believe in 'recipes' per se so this will sound vague but its how I do it. It just makes for variety
Roughly 160 grams rolled oats, roughly 1.25 cups water, some small amount of some mild vegetable like finely diced carrot, sweet potato, snow peas, dwarf mallow, etc. cook it up until any more would burn it, not long lol, then take off heat and stir in roughly 2 tsp of a mixture of 1 part black pepper to 5 parts turmeric.
Dwarf mallow leaves are great in oatmeal, in my opinion. Its a common 'weed' that turns into a vegetable if you water it. The dried roots have been used as toothbrushes, just chew the end, scrub the teeth, cut off the chewed bit and save the rest for further uses.
I don't understand the saline. At first I thought you meant you suffer from summer allergies and needed saline nasal spray or something, but that doesn't sound right... Please elaborate, I'm intrigued!
#2369 Old 05-31-2015, 04:08 PM

Amazing, so inspiring!
I ate Zucchini noodle starry for lunch
fruitsallad as a snack
zucchini pasta with beans and tomato sauce for dinner
and some ritz crackers

for pictures
http://happywhenvegan.tumblr.com
#2370 Old 05-31-2015, 08:13 PM
Oryzatarian

Quote:
I don't understand the saline... Please elaborate, I'm intrigued!
My diet is naturally very low in sodium since I grow most everything I eat except rice and flour, I also live in a semi-arid climate. The result is I'm at abnormally high risk for hyponatremia [sodium deficiency] all summer [its a risk in all areas in summer, really, anyone who gets inexplicably weak, tired, or sick feeling in warm weather despite keeping hydrated should read up on it, anyway..]. The standard medical treatment is salt pills but those damage the stomach lining. Other people just eat very salty snack foods but this year I'm fasting 17 hours a day [optional religious thing] so I just drink salt water. It tastes quite good, really.
I also keep a little suspicious looking zip bag full of salt in my hiking backpack just in case.

Tags
ketogenic vegan , vegan advice

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page