What did you eat vegan today? (Version 2.0) - Page 56 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1952Likes

#1651 Old 11-29-2014, 05:55 PM
Veggie Regular

B: large whole mango; handful of whole almonds

L: apple, almond milk

D: leftover wild rice/mushroom/sage dish from Thanksgiving; vegan baked beans; steamed asparagus; almond milk

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1652 Old 11-30-2014, 10:03 AM

B - gluten free muesli mixed with plain soya yogurt

L - Country vegetable and red rice soup (am tired so a vegan canned version)

D - tomato, garlic and pearl barley risotto with spinach

S- Two ginger biscuits
#1653 Old 11-30-2014, 10:20 AM
Part-Time Russian

Yesterday:

B: seaweed wrap with olive hummus

L: one pack of nori snacks, one rice cake

D: vegan mushroom stroganoff with whole wheat noodles

Midnight snack: a plate of whole grain tortilla chips topped with my own vegan queso

Today:

B: a satsuma

L: seaweed and hummus wrap with a whole wheat tortilla, and 3 rice cakes

D; im thinking of a potato and raddish soup with a kale salad perhaps toppe with avacado and a bit of lemon juice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1654 Old 11-30-2014, 04:10 PM
Veggie Regular

B: mango and almonds

L: cornmeal mush (Bob's Red Mill brand) cooked with almond milk and a pinch of salt; smoothie (banana, kiwi, romaine lettuce, pea protein powder, water); organic fuji apple later on

D: steamed sweet potatoes, frozen steamed peas, onion, and lightly cooked spinach all combined with indian spices (garam masala, garlic, cinnamon, cumin powder, curry powder) and splash of coconut milk. Almond milk to drink

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#1655 Old 11-30-2014, 04:29 PM

Breakfast - coffee with chocolate soy drink
Lunch - Vegan Challa, Mushroom soup(homemade with mushrooms and wine)
Snack - Borscht(homemade with beets, cabbage, potato, carrot, celery and seasoning)
Dinner - Potato pancakes, Tofurky sausage, beets
Snack - bowl of fruit from frozen with chocolate soy

Thinking of finishing this all off with a shot of Glenlivet Scotch :0)

Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.

Albert Einstein

Last edited by ChubbyVegan; 11-30-2014 at 04:32 PM.
#1656 Old 12-02-2014, 03:23 AM
Veggie Regular

B: pudding (blended extra firm tofu 1/2 a block, pure baking cocoa powder, banana, splash of almond milk and a little stevia)

L: oatbran muffin with homemade raspberry chia jam; sprouted quinoa tabouli with raw fresh cucumber, parsley, tomato, mint, lemon juice; kiwi

D: sauteed (in water in nonstick pan) canned chickpeas, fresh snowpeas, carrot, bell pepper, celery, bean sprouts over brown rice and some lemon juice and braggs squirted over it, and spices (garlic powder, ginger powder). almond milk

#1657 Old 12-02-2014, 07:04 AM
Veggie Regular

Plan for today.

B: peanut butter on integral wheat toast with chai tea, glass of fortified almond milk
L: Spicy red beans veggie soup, dried figs
S: mango/pineapple smoothie (with chia seed and flax)
D: marinated tofu mediterranean chunky sauce steak (tomato/capers/lemon/herbs) with roasted brussel sprouts (adapting an omni recipe)
S: pomegranate

"To the world you may be just one person, but to one life you may be the world."

Last edited by Marjoram; 12-02-2014 at 07:07 AM.
#1658 Old 12-02-2014, 07:47 AM
Beginner

Yesterday/

Morning- Banana smoothie (10 bananas)
snack- dates and mandarin oranges
lunch- juiced oranges blended with 3 peeled pears, 4 peeled apples, and 2 bananas in a smoothie
dinner- soup of 4 large potatoes, 4 large carrots, celery, and spinach with brown beans over fritters (cornmeal and water)
#1659 Old 12-02-2014, 08:02 AM
Veganarchist

Breakfast: Two Bobo's Oat bars, two Babara's Shredded Wheat biscuits with half a cup of Silk original soy milk and a little 365 organic maple syrup.

Lunch: Four slices of Veganic Ancient Whole Wheat bread with Daiya strawberry cream cheese and a cup of Califia Farms Pumpkin Spice Latte.

Dinner: Nothing yet.
#1660 Old 12-02-2014, 09:43 AM
Veggie Regular

B - Slice of seeded toast with peanut butter and marmite; huge glass of smoothie made with banana, orange, spinach, dates, cucumber and water
L - Wrap filled with sauteed mushrooms, yellow pepper and tomatoes, sauerkraut and a slice of violife cheddar; piece of dark chocolate
S - Apple with peanut butter
D - Vegetable and lentil chilli with croquettes made of sunflower seeds, chickpeas and couscous

That awkward moment when your partner walks into the kitchen to find you huddled in the corner with an open container of nooch and a spoon and your mouth encrusted with little flakes...  
#1661 Old 12-02-2014, 12:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Here's what I ate yesterday. Proof that veganism isn't synonymous with healthy:

B: A box of hard candy

L: Black beans and a boxed rice mix

D: ... Ice cream. Really, I had an entire container of vegan ice cream for dinner.

S: Oreos

Yep. I have no idea what got into me, I just had this obsessive craving for sweets. I almost never eat sweets, either. I think it is the holidays (being offered non-vegan sweets constantly by people who don't really realize it's an issue), most years I have a day or two where I just get depressed and want to sit under an electric blanket and eat ice cream out the tub.

I really don't normally eat like this - I just figured since it was so bad it would be fun to share.
Purp likes this.
#1662 Old 12-02-2014, 01:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Crochetlove, I get you! I've had days where pretty much all I eat is toast, cookies and crackers and not a fruit in sight (unless you count the ketchup)
Purp and Crochetlove like this.

That awkward moment when your partner walks into the kitchen to find you huddled in the corner with an open container of nooch and a spoon and your mouth encrusted with little flakes...  
#1663 Old 12-03-2014, 01:02 PM
Don't Eat Animals.

The people that upload photos are making me real hungry.....shame on you for posting such delicious looking food!!!!

Last week I was joking about eating a club sandwich. Then, the light bulb went off, and I made a vegan one. It was ultra-yummy. My wife, who is real hard to impress, loved it. She even asked me to make another one yesterday. It has raw sauerkraut, jalapenos, spicy mustard, etc. I combine it with a bowl of hot soup, and a great meal is born. Best thing.....no animals are harmed in the making of the meal.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2807_2.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	5441

All animals should be respected & should have the ability to lead a natural & enjoyable life. This means not eating them, or abusing them in any way.
#1664 Old 12-03-2014, 04:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Wow Vegan Dave, what a fantastic idea! I am already imagining a million different combinations of plant foods to put in a sandwich lol.

B: whole mango, handful of almonds

L: oatbran muffin with homemade raspberry chia jam; sprouted quinoa tabouli with raw fresh cucumber, parsley, tomato, mint, lemon juice; kiwi x 2

D: Whole wheat macaroni and steamed fresh broccoli with vegan "cheese" sauce poured over it (sweet potato, tofu, nutritional yeast, almond milk, nutmeg, cumin, salt and pepper blended and then heated on stove); almond milk
Purp likes this.

#1665 Old 12-03-2014, 06:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Lunch: Potatoes, black beans, and Swiss chard.
Snacks until dinner: Falafel (by itself), banana, vegetable thins.
Dinner: Bolognese (spaghetti with gardein's ground beef)
Purp likes this.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#1666 Old 12-05-2014, 11:30 AM
Veggie Regular

I want your lunch Naturebound!

B - 2 apples with peanut butter
S - Nakd bar
L - Leftover pasta in cauliflower sauce and a salad of spinach, tomato and cucumber
S - Tortilla chips with a few slices of violife cheddar
D - Will be curry

#1667 Old 12-05-2014, 11:39 AM
Veggie Regular

B: Oatmeal and quinoa bowl with walnuts and mango and a touch of maple syrup
L: spicy homemade veggie soup (with barley) plus a few brown rice and sweet potatoe crackers with hummus on them
D: spring rolls and rice plus a spring salad with dried cranberries, apple, almonds

"To the world you may be just one person, but to one life you may be the world."

#1668 Old 12-05-2014, 05:40 PM
Oryzatarian

Blue chilli.

I want a bit extra iron in my food for a while and concentrated iron salts are hard on tissues so I just tossed a pill in the chilli pot. It didnt occur to me that the red pigment in red beans is a polyphenol.
Polyphenols + iron salts are a old time recipe for blue/black ink

Still tasted great.
#1669 Old 12-05-2014, 06:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Today was pretty much the same as the last time I posted except dinner:

B: whole mango, handful of almonds

L: oatbran muffin with homemade raspberry chia jam; sprouted quinoa tabouli with raw fresh cucumber, parsley, tomato, mint, lemon juice; kiwi x 2

D: 1.5 cups of SoDelicious plain coconut yogurt and a few tablespoons of freshly ground flaxseed; chickpea flour omelet with spinach, salsa and bell pepper folded into it; almond milk

#1670 Old 12-05-2014, 10:04 PM
American Chestnut Fan

A curry with onions, garlic, green and red bell peppers, lentils, Jamaican curry seasoning, coconut milk and a little bit of soy sauce and brown sugar over brown rice.

An avocado

Roasted and salted peanuts.

Homemade bread.

Kale chips seasoned with olive oil, soy sauce, garlic powder and onion powder.

A Fuji apple.
#1671 Old 12-05-2014, 10:18 PM
Beginner

#1672 Old 12-05-2014, 10:22 PM
American Chestnut Fan

Mmmm! I'm going to try this recipe with a bit of lemon juice added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillybunnns View Post
#1673 Old 12-05-2014, 10:33 PM
Beginner

Raw vegan Pate (or lettuce wrap)

recipe: Raw Vegan pate
-Cassie K ,Vegans Living off the Land
#1674 Old 12-06-2014, 12:53 PM
Poo Pie Head

Had bangers and mash for dinner using tofurkey sausages. I also added some vegan cream cheese to the mash. I know, not at all healthy, but I wanted some comfort food.
Also, never had any form of bangers and mash before, so I have no idea how "accurate" this was. Any Britons wanna chime in on what kind of vegan sausage would be best suited?
#1675 Old 12-06-2014, 01:48 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auxin View Post
Blue chilli.

I want a bit extra iron in my food for a while and concentrated iron salts are hard on tissues so I just tossed a pill in the chilli pot. It didnt occur to me that the red pigment in red beans is a polyphenol.

Still tasted great.
Lol! I have had some interesting things happen but not this one! Serve with blue corn chips and dessert of blueberry pie for a themed meal!
Purp likes this.
#1676 Old 12-06-2014, 07:55 PM
American Chestnut Fan

I ate so many peanuts that I think I am going to turn into one!
River, Purp and Naturebound like this.
#1677 Old 12-07-2014, 04:52 AM
Veggie Regular

I fell into a bad habit I used to have. I ate oat bran and blueberries for breakfast, and an apple, and then didn't eat all day while running errands and doing this and that and too busy and just not wanting to eat.

Then I was going to just make a light salad for dinner but had the strong urge to make these sweet potato bars with almond crust I planned to make ahead for a get together with the inlaws next weekend that I have to travel to. I ended up making extra of it and picking and picking at it while making it until I was stuffed and felt sick from eating so much almond crust batter and sweet potato filling. And then I ate a bagel with vegan mayo and a tomato too, instead of my healthy light salad. I really really wanted to get rid of it all in an unhealthy way but I forced myself to keep it in and sit with it. But now I feel so depressed. I am so much healthier than I used to be but sometimes I fall into old habits and I had lost a few lbs recently and become slightly underweight due to depression and exercising hard (it's how I cope with stress) and probably not eating enough so I guess it is no surprise it triggered me to eat in such an uncontrolled and demeaning way. It probably would have been better if I had just allowed myself to have an actual sweet potato bar instead of "picking."

#1678 Old 12-07-2014, 08:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auxin View Post
Blue chilli.

Still tasted great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post
Lol! I have had some interesting things happen but not this one! Serve with blue corn chips and dessert of blueberry pie for a themed meal!
LedBoots likes this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#1679 Old 12-08-2014, 08:41 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowKat View Post
Had bangers and mash for dinner using tofurkey sausages. I also added some vegan cream cheese to the mash. I know, not at all healthy, but I wanted some comfort food.
Also, never had any form of bangers and mash before, so I have no idea how "accurate" this was. Any Britons wanna chime in on what kind of vegan sausage would be best suited?
I use soya based sausages like Linda McCartney or Fry's. Any sausage should do, and you need to drown the whole lot with gravy and serve with peas. It's the law!

B - Toast and OJ
L - Carrot and lentil soup, quinoa chips with cream cheeze, apple
D - Not sure yet, but it will involve spinach

ETA - Dinner was pasta in a sauce made of edamame, spinach, garlic, basil and nooch. Noms.

Last edited by Nooch; 12-08-2014 at 11:25 AM.
#1680 Old 12-08-2014, 09:21 PM
Poo Pie Head

Spinach bans me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooch View Post
I use soya based sausages like Linda McCartney or Fry's. Any sausage should do, and you need to drown the whole lot with gravy and serve with peas. It's the law!.
Ahh ok. So even a faux Italian sausage is proper? And yes doused with lots of my slap-dash soy sauce gravy! I had a spinach salad with it tho, so I guess I will be banned from ever stepping foot on UK soil...

As for what I ate today well, I moved in to a room at the YWCA so I had to get processed stuff (again). Luckily I have a place to actually live now, so no more Amy's spinach pizzas and gardein nuggets (so tasty tho!) from now on! Also, I have the song YMCA stuck in my head, just creatively modified to be about the YWCA.

Going way off topic, why is it called the YWCA if it isn't just for young people, and has nothing to do with Christianity? (required by law as it does get some money from the government) it should just be the WA... *shrugs*

Tags
ketogenic vegan , vegan advice

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page