What did you eat vegan today? (Version 2.0) - Page 49 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1952Likes

#1441 Old 08-18-2014, 05:52 PM

B- Mix of almonds, cashews, dried cranberries and coconut flakes.
L- Large salad with baby spinach leaves, tomato, radishes, cucumber, purple cabbage, with pumpkin and sunflower seeds on top.
D- Quinoa pasta with chickpeas, mushrooms, in a lemon vinegarette.
S- Watermelon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1442 Old 08-19-2014, 11:28 AM

Ooh my food today was not the best.
I had a whopping huge black coffee that served as breakfast and brunch....
Then I grabbed a quick salad from the commissary for lunch...
And munched on sunflower seeds, pita chips and red pepper hummus for "dinner".
Really just didn't feel like bothering to cook today!!

Envious of your quinoa pasta, veg-head!

It's easy to let go of faith in humanity, and harder to have hope for a better future....but if we all give up, there IS no future.
#1443 Old 08-20-2014, 03:12 AM
Banned

vegetable noodle soup. soo good,i've been addicted to this since becoming vegan
a pita bread with garlic hummus
blueberry italian ice
capn crunch cereal with soymilk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1444 Old 08-21-2014, 04:15 PM
Part-Time Russian

Chia-seed Mango juice

Dried fruit

Epic salad with olives and cauliflower and cucumbers and yuuuummm

Banana nut bar

Soy yogurt with chia seeds.

I havn't had dinner yet. Just kinda been snackin

Born in Mississippi, lives in Mississippi, Loves Vegemite
Has no Accent
Vegan
Honors Student

For some reason everyone thinks I'm weird...

Languages: English both Brit and American.
русский
Deutsch
Español
#1445 Old 08-21-2014, 05:31 PM

B - oatmeal with fresh blackberries
L - chickpea and sunflower seed burger
S - peach
D - steamed kale from the garden, a bit of marinated tofu and some rice with hummus dressing.
S - probably popcorn and nooch.
#1446 Old 08-21-2014, 06:06 PM

Currently munching on some good old apple slices with homemade almond butter. Life is good.
#1447 Old 08-21-2014, 07:05 PM

Breakfast - Vegan zucchini risotto

Lunch - Fruit smoothie (blackberries, banana, almond milk)

Snack - 3 dried apricots

Dinner - Mango & a massive bowl of raw baby spinach
#1448 Old 08-23-2014, 04:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Breakfast: Tempeh bacon. leftover tofu scramble and hash browns, flax toast with raspberry jam, OJ
Snack: 2 bananas
Lunch: Leftover black beans and rice, Blackberry Izze
Snack: 3 bananas, some stale pita chips
Dinner: Just a basic wrap (didn't feel like cooking) with hummus, Vegenaise, avocado, tomato, and spinach on a flour tortilla, Zevia root beer
#1449 Old 08-23-2014, 04:47 PM

what I ate today but this is not my plate as it has cheese its the only picture I had from my blog board so ignore the cheese I have to cook different for each person in the house the meal is Vegan less the cheese for me
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0167_1.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	283.1 KB
ID:	4058  
Werewolf Girl likes this.
#1450 Old 08-25-2014, 10:27 AM
Veggie Regular

Yesterday:
B - Smoothie (mango, orange juice, chia seeds, water)
L - Wholegrain baguette filled with marinated baked tempeh, avocado, pickles, mayo and caper dressing
D - Chana massala saag with brown rice and a dollop of plain soy yoghurt
Snack - Popcorn, dark chocolate Alpro pot

Today:
Pre-run snack - Carob and seed bar, spoonful of peanut butter
During run - Vegan-friendly energy gel
Post-run (18.5 miles, my longest to date!) - Chocolate Oatly drink, banana
L - Leftover curry and rice
S - Tortilla chips
D - Not sure yet, but I have a big box of mangoes to get through...

That awkward moment when your partner walks into the kitchen to find you huddled in the corner with an open container of nooch and a spoon and your mouth encrusted with little flakes...  
#1451 Old 08-27-2014, 01:44 PM
Veggie Regular

I would love to start posting again in this thread for accountability. I have finally made the link between my eczema outbreaks and dairy, so I am 100% vegan now. I read a book by Leslie Beck, a dietician, and she spells out a food exchanges type of plan which seems very sensible to me. Left to my own devices, I would eat steamed rice with sauce or pasta with sauce and maybe not get in all the veggies, healthy fats etc. So I am going to try this plan and see if it helps me do that. My only concern is that the lowest plan she recommends ins 1400 calories and I am worried that is too high for me. But I am hoping that if it is all 'real' food, it will be okay. I will try it for a few weeks and then see. Anyway...

YESTERDAY

Breakfast: Smoothie (rice milk, coffee, 1 tbsp hemp powder), homemade oatmeal muffin.

Snack: Cherries and a few sunflower granola bites.

Lunch: 2/3 cup cooked grain mix (quinoa, barley etc.) with 1/3 cup chickpeas and spinach cooked in spices and 1 tbsp oil.

Snack: Peach, red pepper slices and 2 tbsp hummus.

Dinner: Whole-wheat flat bagel with 2 tbsp peanut butter, baby carrots on the side.

TODAY

Breakfast: Smoothie (as yesterday), toaster waffle with 1 tbsp peanut butter

Snack: Cherries, 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds

Lunch: 2/3 cup grain mix leftovers, 1/2 cup baked beans in tomato sauce, baby carrots

Snack: Watermelon, chocolate protein shake (vegan mix) prepared with water and ice

Dinner: Probably sticky rice and a veggie stir-fry, or maybe pasta with tomato sauce and veggies

How does this all look? Does it look like a healthy plan with enough nutrition?
#1452 Old 08-27-2014, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
I would love to start posting again in this thread for accountability. I have finally made the link between my eczema outbreaks and dairy, so I am 100% vegan now. I read a book by Leslie Beck, a dietician, and she spells out a food exchanges type of plan which seems very sensible to me. Left to my own devices, I would eat steamed rice with sauce or pasta with sauce and maybe not get in all the veggies, healthy fats etc. So I am going to try this plan and see if it helps me do that. My only concern is that the lowest plan she recommends ins 1400 calories and I am worried that is too high for me. But I am hoping that if it is all 'real' food, it will be okay. I will try it for a few weeks and then see. Anyway...

YESTERDAY

Breakfast: Smoothie (rice milk, coffee, 1 tbsp hemp powder), homemade oatmeal muffin.

Snack: Cherries and a few sunflower granola bites.

Lunch: 2/3 cup cooked grain mix (quinoa, barley etc.) with 1/3 cup chickpeas and spinach cooked in spices and 1 tbsp oil.

Snack: Peach, red pepper slices and 2 tbsp hummus.

Dinner: Whole-wheat flat bagel with 2 tbsp peanut butter, baby carrots on the side.

TODAY

Breakfast: Smoothie (as yesterday), toaster waffle with 1 tbsp peanut butter

Snack: Cherries, 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds

Lunch: 2/3 cup grain mix leftovers, 1/2 cup baked beans in tomato sauce, baby carrots

Snack: Watermelon, chocolate protein shake (vegan mix) prepared with water and ice

Dinner: Probably sticky rice and a veggie stir-fry, or maybe pasta with tomato sauce and veggies

How does this all look? Does it look like a healthy plan with enough nutrition?
Congratulations on your decision to go vegan! That looks like a very nutritious days worth of food, whether it's too much/not enough calories depends on your body so I agree it's best to just try it for a few weeks and see how you feel, you can always make adjustments as you go.
LedBoots likes this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#1453 Old 08-27-2014, 04:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Thank you, Werewolf Girl, for your kind reply. I wound up having spaghetti with tomato sauce, and snap peas on the side, for dinner. I feel so full now. I am not sure if it is because I truly have been eating more protein than I am used to (my fiancé says the whole 'protein' thing is a myth, but many people do think it helps you feel more satisfied) or whether it is all the veggies. I don't feel like the rest of my food is so different from what I was having before, I am just adding in the vegetables, measuring the portion sizes, and putting in the fats and proteins from the exchange chart in that book. And I have of course cut out the dairy, and I am not eating junky snacks either. I used to eat veggie chips and fruit in the afternoon, and now I am having 2 tbsp nuts or seeds, a fruit AND a vegetable...

My plan for tomorrow:

Smoothie and waffle for breakfast again
Snap peas and hummus for a snack
Veggie burger on a bun with carrot sticks and a peach for lunch
A cup of apple slices, red pepper strips and 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds for snack
Dinner will be out for date night, I have 2 starches, 1 protein and several veggies left...
LedBoots likes this.
#1454 Old 08-27-2014, 05:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Breakfast: Oatmeal with blueberries, flax seeds, agave, and almond milk, OJ
Lunch: Asian Garlic Tofu with broccoli over rice
Early dinner: Chipotle burrito (with black beans, white rice, lettuce, fajita veggies, tomato salsa, corn, and guacamole) and Grape Zevia
#1455 Old 08-28-2014, 10:00 AM
Veggie Regular

B: cereal, soya milk, grapefruit juice
L: hummous beiruty, tabbouleh, flatbread, plum, water
D: Egyptian sweet potatoes flavored with cardamom, cinnamon, and clove; flatbread; sauteed red cabbage with black pepper and nigella

Aristede

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

#1456 Old 08-28-2014, 10:05 PM
Plant/Fungi based.

B- 7 bean soup with a veggie wrap that had lettuce, tomato, roasted red peppers, olives, and hummus. And a chunk of multi grain bread
L- rice with baby potatoes, baby corn, baby, carrots, red peppers, and broccoli with Korean bbq sauce.
D- Oatmeal with an apple.
#1457 Old 08-29-2014, 12:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Today

Breakfast: My rice milk + coffee smoothie, a toaster waffle and 2 tbsp peanut butter.

Snack: Snap peas and 2 tbsp hummus

Lunch: 2/3 cup pasta with 1/2 cup diced red peppers, spinach, tomato sauce. A small strawberry sorbet after (dairy-free) when I was out after.

Snack: 1/2 apple, 10 sunflower granola bites

Dinner: Meeting an uncle for dinner at a bagel place, so probably lentil soup and a bagel.

Not bad, right? :-)
#1458 Old 08-29-2014, 02:38 PM
Veggie Regular

B - Wrap filled with smoked tofu, green pepper and spinach; mango, banana, lime and oj smoothie
S- Cracker sticks with peanut butter (Graze box)
L - Bagel with hazelnut butter; Nakd bar
S - A couple of bourbon biscuits
D - Two wraps filled with spiced veggies and soya pieces, shredded lettuce and a homemade tomato and coriander salsa

That awkward moment when your partner walks into the kitchen to find you huddled in the corner with an open container of nooch and a spoon and your mouth encrusted with little flakes...  
#1459 Old 08-29-2014, 05:40 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
Today

Breakfast: My rice milk + coffee smoothie, a toaster waffle and 2 tbsp peanut butter.

Snack: Snap peas and 2 tbsp hummus

Lunch: 2/3 cup pasta with 1/2 cup diced red peppers, spinach, tomato sauce. A small strawberry sorbet after (dairy-free) when I was out after.

Snack: 1/2 apple, 10 sunflower granola bites

Dinner: Meeting an uncle for dinner at a bagel place, so probably lentil soup and a bagel.

Not bad, right? :-)
I think your meal plans look good. I can't judge amount of food, but it looks healthy. I would add more fruit, but that's because I love it.

And more greens because... guilt. I know they're good for me. I'm not crazy about greens, except baby spinach and dark lettuces.
#1460 Old 08-29-2014, 07:34 PM

I've only had breakfast so far and i had hot choco (winter just ended here in Aus) and vegan french toast with maple syrup and mixed berries to top
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1409366426554.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	4250  
#1461 Old 09-02-2014, 06:55 AM

Hi all--may I join this thread? I'm looking for a place to sort of have accountability for how I eat. My goal is to drop a few pounds and tone up, vegan-style, but I have no in-person accountability. Let me know if this thread is open to this!
Werewolf Girl and LedBoots like this.
#1462 Old 09-02-2014, 10:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Yesterday:
B: Oatmeal, soy milk, apple plus some chia and flax thrown in, sourdough bread with peanut butter
L: Quinoa chili with corn and kidney beans, some heated kale and cantaloupe for "dessert"
S: Müsli with soy milk, an apple
D: Noodle stir-fry with faux beef strips, bok choi, sprouts, cabbage ... also fruit salad (mango and cantaloupe) and a glass of rice milk for dessert

Trying to kick my candy eating habit. Haaaaard.
#1463 Old 09-04-2014, 12:07 PM
Veggie Regular

My boss had a catered lunch for us yesterday because of a training session, and I snuck in my own sandwich. Good thing, too---the veggie option was egg salad wraps and the non-veggie option was chicken wings! I enjoyed my hummus and veggie wrap and supplemented it with the provided salad and fruit. Making it work

Today-

Breakfast: Waffle with peanut butter, coffee/rice milk smoothie (for the B12)
Snack: 1/2 peach
Lunch: Leftover rice with frozen veggie and black bean mix, red peppers
Snack: other 1/2 of the peach, 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
Dinner: Veggie sushi rolls
#1464 Old 09-04-2014, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyhey5 View Post
Hi all--may I join this thread? I'm looking for a place to sort of have accountability for how I eat. My goal is to drop a few pounds and tone up, vegan-style, but I have no in-person accountability. Let me know if this thread is open to this!
Hey, hey, hey!
You are very welcome!

I keep meaning to post here for the same reason of accountability, but even though vegan, not nearly as healthy as most that post here...
I'm now more a vegan version of my old omni self--I think

Anyway, breakfast was Special K with soy milk and blueberries
Lunch: salad with romaine, walnuts, tomato, pepper, cukes, dried cranberries and balsomic dressing
Way too many pretzels
Dinner will be Mexican style bean burger
#1465 Old 09-04-2014, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

B: Coffee with Silk creamer and whole wheat toast with jam

L: A falafel wrap with tabouli, hummus and spicy tahini sauce

S: Several bananas

D: Fried rice and vegetable stir fry

S: Cashew Lara bar

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#1466 Old 09-04-2014, 05:21 PM
Veggie Regular

B: smoothie (spinach, strawberries, cantaloupe, banana, pea protein powder, water); coffee

Snacks: roasted pumpkin seeds (with shell on), apple, peach

L: sauteed all together: white beans, savoy cabbage, collards from my garden, zucchini from my garden, tomatoes from garden, tomato paste and heaped over cooked millet

D: baked casserole with kidney beans, green bell pepper, more zucchini, more tomatoes lol, and brown rice topped with "alfredo" style sauce (ground almonds and sunflower seeds, nutritional yeast, spices, chickpea flour heated up on stove with almond milk until thickened into a sauce); almond milk to drink

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#1467 Old 09-04-2014, 11:50 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

S: Several bananas
Can you be more specific?
#1468 Old 09-05-2014, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post
Can you be more specific?
Not really.
LedBoots likes this.

#1469 Old 09-05-2014, 04:55 PM
Impeach the gangster

Vegan 'tuna' salad made with diced onion, relish and chopped olive and a raw spinach and tomato salad with my my new homemade Western dressing. Too bad I'm out of watermelon....
irenesuhwon93 likes this.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#1470 Old 09-06-2014, 04:44 AM
Veggie Regular

So far...

B - Coffee and a homemade cherry, banana and choc chip muffin
L - Spiced carrot and coriander soup with several slices of homemade carrot and courgette bread; apple with peanut butter and a plum

Going away to a mini festival tonight but its doubtful that there will be any vegan food available so I may bake some tofu quiche and make some salads to take with me.
irenesuhwon93 likes this.

Tags
ketogenic vegan , vegan advice

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page