What did you eat vegan today? (Version 2.0) - Page 139 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1952Likes

#4141 Old 07-17-2017, 08:17 AM
Veggie Regular

B - last night I made some more 'berry bircher muesli' (overnight oats) which was yumshous (oats, almond milk, soya yogurt, mixed frozen berries, agave syrup). Next time I'm adding in grated apples.

L - this afternoon I made another pan of 'paella verduras' or vegetable paella which was also yumshous (short grain brown rice, vegetable stock, tomato puree, turmeric, smoked paprika, rosemary, sliced onions and garlic, broad beans, green beans, sliced red peppers, artichoke hearts, black olives, sundried tomatoes, parsley, fresh lemon wedges to serve). I try to keep these kinds of recipes fairly close to the traditional ingredients and seasonings, as if I shove everything in the fridge in, they seem to all end up tasting roughly the same.

Supper - not sure yet.. Possibly vegan cheese and crackers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4142 Old 07-17-2017, 03:33 PM
Plant Powered

The weather has been playing havoc with my appetite lately! Anyone else feel like eating is a massive chore when it's hot out? LOL
I eat very little during the day but then at night time my appetite comes back in full raging force and I eat everything in sight LOL - probably not the best for my metabolism LOL

Anyway, today was a bit cooler so a more "normalized" balance of meals LOL:

B: two pieces of sprouted toast with some peanut butter and a touch of maple syrup; tea with soy milk

L: a big green salad with hummus dressing, a veggie ham sandwich and some fresh cherries; some homemade kombucha

Dinner (planned) a buddha bowl made with garlic sautéed rice, mushrooms, spinach, tofu, and some homemade tzatziki (one of my favourite treats when it's warm out ^_^)

Dessert (planned) a vegan donut I bought yesterday and have been eyeballing all day, resisting with the most iron of willpowers LOL
#4143 Old 07-17-2017, 03:39 PM

Wrong post (edit)

Last edited by Bobneighbus1112#; 07-17-2017 at 03:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4144 Old 07-17-2017, 03:44 PM
Plant Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowtions In Motion View Post
Been craving milkshakes like a mofo on these hot summer days, especially whenever I ride by the various ice cream parlors and such, so I tossed some coconut water, romaine lettuce, hemp seeds, and frozen bananas into the vitamix and am now in milkless-shake heaven. Might even make another one after I finish mowing. Talk about incentive to get it done. lol
I totally concur with the ice cream cravings!! I recently (accidentally) came up with the most amazing vegan dessert, that started as a smoothie but quickly became more like a frozen mousse (YUMMO!)

I blended some full fat coconut milk, cocoa powder, chia seeds, spinach, cinnamon and vanilla, then hucked it in the freezer for a couple hours, and voila! ridiculously decadent chocolate frozen mousse
#4145 Old 07-17-2017, 03:45 PM

I ate some tomatoes, potato chips and a lettuce sandwich.
Im so boring
How am I alive?
#4146 Old 07-17-2017, 03:57 PM

I had an artisan and handcrafted dish of teriyaki-roasted tofu, fresh brown rice, and veggie chicken. Yummy meal!
#4147 Old 07-19-2017, 12:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Heard it was national hot dog day
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DFHb20fXsAY8Pe8.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	248.5 KB
ID:	16202  
Werewolf Girl likes this.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#4148 Old 07-20-2017, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator

That hot dog looks so good!

Here's what I ate:

B: An iced coffee and vegan chocolate cake (it's that time of the month, don't judge me )

L: Rice and broccoli and a salad with spicy tahini sauce drizzled over everything.

D: Same as lunch.

S: Orange juice and rum

I swear I usually eat healthier than this... I like posting these days here though because it's good to show you don't have to be perfect to be vegan.
Spudulika likes this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#4149 Old 07-20-2017, 10:39 AM
Emma JC

the hotdog does look good

B - spoon size shredded wheat, banana, berries, flax meal, walnuts, unsweetened almond milk
L- leftover chili with 1/2 avocado (w/lemon juice) on top and drizzled with tahini
D - to be determined but likely a burrito bowl - rice, beans, veggies, greens, hemp/lemon/dill sauce

here's lunch or here was lunch

Emma JC
Werewolf Girl likes this.

-----
Whole Food Plant-Based
for the animals, for the environment and for health (plus it's delicious)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Find a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#4150 Old 07-29-2017, 03:13 PM
Beginner

Breakfast: Bowl of granola and Kashi cereal, almond milk, and handful of berries, with one papaya.

Lunch: Baked whole wheat pita bread, mix of kale, tomato, and green onion with homemade hummus.

Dinner: 3/4 cup of lentils with Gardein steak tips, and some flax blue corn tortilla chips with mild salsa.

Snack: One pint of Halo chocolate peanut butter!
#4151 Old 07-29-2017, 06:33 PM

B: toast with earths balance and jam.
a chai tea with coconut milk and natural sugar ( no bone char) from Starbucks

L: Mexican tofu scramble with salsa and avacado in a breakfast burrito.

D: vegan ramen noodles ( hey, it's Saturday and that means I'll eat unhealthy)

Planning to eat summer berry swirl coconut bliss ice cream ( which I highly recommend, it's so good!) for dessert!
#4152 Old 07-30-2017, 06:11 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanveggie View Post

Snack: One pint of Halo chocolate peanut butter!
I did a real double take here because I had a checkout coupon for this and had just looked at Halo- the first three ingredients on what I saw were milk, cream, and eggs. Are there non vegan Halos? It certainly sounds like it should be vegan!

I came for inspiration more than to report- been in a food rut! I did have good coffee and mocha flavored Oreos! and made a pretty great cashew nooch spread

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#4153 Old 07-30-2017, 06:14 PM

B: almond milk, B12 fortified. Honestly I was not hungry and had woke up super late with my family gone and with no breakfast foods. still had a jug of almond milk.

L: vegan okanagon Caesar ( not daiya) dressing with shredded carrots and baby spring greens.

D: vegetable rice paper wraps with chilli sauce
#4154 Old 07-30-2017, 09:10 PM

Breakfast: strawberry oat meal, banana
Lunch: wheat noodle mushrooms and
snacks: Cashews, Hempseeds, apple
dinner: rice noodles with carrots and snow peas

ozfood
#4155 Old 07-31-2017, 07:07 PM
Vegan Informant

Just a simple peanut butter and jelly sandwich for me.

Visit

tumblr at
#4156 Old 07-31-2017, 07:15 PM
Embracer of the Veggies

forbidden rice pudding w/mango.
#4157 Old 07-31-2017, 08:39 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
I did a real double take here because I had a checkout coupon for this and had just looked at Halo- the first three ingredients on what I saw were milk, cream, and eggs. Are there non vegan Halos? It certainly sounds like it should be vegan!

I came for inspiration more than to report- been in a food rut! I did have good coffee and mocha flavored Oreos! and made a pretty great cashew nooch spread
Ugh!!!

I didn't even look at the ingredients! I was looking at Ben and Jerry's vegan options and the calories were too high so my eyes were attracted by the low calorie Halo Top option. I assumed it was non dairy for some reason!

Coming up on 4 months of being vegan and this is the first time since I started that I ate milk and eggs, ugh. Next time have to be more careful of what I buy and eat.

Anyways, today's menu:

- Two cheese less pizza slices with a bag of chips
- Two bean based burgers on whole wheat pita bread, with one tomato and a bunch of kale
- Two bowls of Nature's pumpkin cereal with flax and almond milk, with one papaya
#4158 Old 08-02-2017, 09:06 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm brown-bag-lunchin' it today like the old days, but vegan-style!

-Ham and cheese sammich with Just Mayo, dijon mustard, Lightlife "ham" slices, a slice of Chao creamy original, and some arugula on whole-wheat bread
-Spicy Sweet Chili Doritos (my favorite recent accidentally-vegan find!)
-an apple
-and a double chocolate espresso cookie from the Just brand!

Washing all that down with a grapefruit La Croix

Not sure what I am making for dinner just yet. I recently started subscribing to Purple Carrot (a meal subscription box a la Blue Apron, but 100% plant based!) and my first box arrives today, so I'll have to see what I'm in the mood for! Pics and descriptions to come

Sometimes you just have to put on lip gloss and pretend to be psyched. -Mindy Kaling
#4159 Old 08-02-2017, 11:18 AM
Emma JC

yesterday
B: berries, banana, walnuts sprinkled with flax meal and cocoa
L: lentils, black beans mixed with some leftover hash browns
D: butternut squash/sweet potato/black and mixed bean/various veggie/rice etc BURGERs on lettuce with tomato, red onion, mustard, a pickle and some steamed cauliflower and avocado

Emma JC

-----
Whole Food Plant-Based
for the animals, for the environment and for health (plus it's delicious)

Find a

#4160 Old 08-02-2017, 01:09 PM

I haven't eaten much today. All I've had so far was some carrots for breakfast, and an italian vegetable and quinoa medley from the Bird's Eye brand.

“He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.”
#4161 Old 08-09-2017, 10:15 AM

Quinoa(spelling?),raw broccoli and cauliflower,seasoned dry black beans and red leaf lettuce

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
#4162 Old 08-09-2017, 10:18 AM

I don't know if this question is being successfully posted, so I will ask it here. Does anyone get a nauseating feeling when eating avocado?

#4163 Old 08-09-2017, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkcc14 View Post
I don't know if this question is being successfully posted, so I will ask it here. Does anyone get a nauseating feeling when eating avocado?

YES! But way more than that. Like a taste will give me nausea, any more than that and I feel horrifically ill for like a half hour, then I throw up till I'm in dry heaving. I've had them maybe 3-4 times throughout my life, the first times not relating the sickness to the food, cause I have no other food allergies as a child. I'm now kinda phobic about them. Get the quivers just seeing one!

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#4164 Old 08-10-2017, 09:27 AM
Veggie Regular

Haven't updated this for a while, but then I do have pretty predictable eating habits!

B - banana, glass of red grape juice
L - avocado on wholewheat toast (it's tasty but not so tasty I'd pay silly money for it in a trendy art cafe. also had it yester)
D - Cajun rice and beans with baked sweet potatoes and steamed shredded greens
#4165 Old 08-10-2017, 04:46 PM

B - vegan pizza bagel from a local coffee shop.
L - 1/2 bag of Rainier cherries, 2 apples, 3 peaches and an apricot.
D - spaghetti and roasted red and orange peppers.
#4166 Old 08-10-2017, 06:34 PM
Beginner

breakfast: 1 papaya

lunch: two slices of pizza without cheese (basically the bread crust), bag of chips (how healthy!)

dinner: Taco bell, I ordered five items at the counter and clearly told the cashier about having them veganized (no meat, no cheese, etc.). They only got two of the orders right, crunchwrap supreme with only bean filling with lettuce. The rest of the items had cheese and meat in them, tossed them in the trash (sorry).

snack: bowl of kashi oat blueberry cereal with almond milk
#4167 Old 08-11-2017, 02:39 PM

Breakfast: toast and peanut butter; dried mango slices.
Snack: cashews with peanut butter on top.
Lunch: veggie pita (stuffed full of avocado, lettuce, alfalfa sprouts, green peppers, onions, olives and pineapple)
Snack: veggie sub
Dinner: black bean lasagna (in the oven now)
#4168 Old 08-11-2017, 06:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Vegan bacon cheeseburger from a vegan restaurant
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170811_184242.jpg (265.1 KB, 12 views)
shiftyfbg likes this.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#4169 Old 08-16-2017, 12:03 AM
Veggie Regular

Yesterday:

B - appleberry bircher muesli
L - avocado on wholemeal toast
D - leek and white bean patties served with green beans and brown rice with peas and sweetcorn

Today:

B - appleberry bircher muesli
L - spicy butternut squash soup served with brown bread
D - boston baked beans served with baked potatoes, corn on the cob and slaw

Trying to be good, so no snacking between meals
#4170 Old 08-16-2017, 06:04 AM

Honestly it's getting hard. I'm 10 plus months in and the foods and meals I'm reading about is nowhere for me to find so easily. I'm yet to enjoy the rewards of this lifestyle.

Tags
ketogenic vegan , vegan advice

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page